April 13: Day of the Week
April 13, 2017 is the 103rd day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 262 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
April 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1111Henry V is crowned Holy Roman Emperor.
- 1598Henry IV of France issues the Edict of Nantes, allowing freedom of religion to the Huguenots. (Edict repealed in 1685.)
- 1613Samuel Argall kidnaps Chief Powhatan’s daughter, Pocahontas in Virginia along the Potomac River.
- 1776American Revolutionary War: American forces are surprised in the Battle of Bound Brook, New Jersey.
- 1861American Civil War: Fort Sumter surrenders to Confederate forces.
- 1868The Abyssinian War ends as British and Indian troops capture Magdala.
- 1943The Jefferson Memorial is dedicated in Washington, D.C., on the 200th anniversary of Thomas Jefferson’s birth.
- 1948The Hadassah medical convoy massacre: In an ambush, 79 Jewish doctors, nurses and medical students from Hadassah Hospital and a British soldier are massacred by Arabs in Sheikh Jarra near Jerusalem.
- 1970An oxygen tank aboard Apollo 13 explodes, putting the crew in great danger and causing major damage to the spacecraft while en route to the Moon.
- 1984India moves into Siachen Glacier thus annexing more territory from the Line of Control.
Who were born on April 13?
- 1879Edward Bruce, Director art projects (d. 1943)
- 1892Sir Robert Alexander Watson-Watt, Scottish inventor (d. 1973)
- 1894Arthur Fadden, 13th Prime Minister of Australia (d. 1973)
- 1916Phyllis Fraser Cerf Wagner, American actress, journalist, and publisher (d. 2006)
- 1939Seamus Heaney, Irish writer, Nobel laureate
- 1944Susan Davis, American politician
- 1945Charles Robinson, American actor
- 1948Sue Doughty, British politician
- 1953Stephen Byers, British politician
- 1976Jonathan Brandis, American actor (d. 2003)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.