April 13: Day of the Week
April 13, 2016 is the 104th day of the year 2016 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 262 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
April 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1111Henry V is crowned Holy Roman Emperor.
- 1204Constantinople falls to the Crusaders of the Fourth Crusade, temporarily ending the Byzantine Empire.
- 1598Henry IV of France issues the Edict of Nantes, allowing freedom of religion to the Huguenots. (Edict repealed in 1685.)
- 1612Miyamoto Musashi defeats Sasaki Kojiro at Funajima island.
- 1849Hungary becomes a republic.
- 1868The Abyssinian War ends as British and Indian troops capture Magdala.
- 1919Eugene V. Debs enters prison at the Atlanta Federal Penitentiary in Atlanta, Georgia, for speaking out against the draft during World War I.
- 1941Pact of neutrality between the USSR and Japan is signed.
- 1945World War II: Soviet and Bulgarian forces capture Vienna, Austria.
- 1972The Universal Postal Union decides to recognize the People’s Republic of China as the only legitimate Chinese representative, effectively expelling the Republic of China administering Taiwan.
Who were born on April 13?
- 1885Georg Lukács, Hungarian-born philosopher and literary critic (d. 1971)
- 1909Eudora Welty, American writer (d. 2001)
- 1922Julius Nyerere, Tanzanian First President and Father of the Nation (d. 1999)
- 1942Ataol Behramoglu Turkish poet and writer
- 1946Al Green, American singer and pastor
- 1952Ron Dittemore, American space administrator
- 1962Hillel Slovak, Israeli-born guitarist (d. 1988)
- 1966Mando, Greek singer
- 1974Darren Turner, British racing driver
- 1981Nat Borchers, American soccer player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.