April 13: Day of the Week
April 13, 2016 was the 104th day of the year 2016 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 262 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mercredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
April 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1204Constantinople falls to the Crusaders of the Fourth Crusade, temporarily ending the Byzantine Empire.
- 1742George Frideric Handel’s oratorio Messiah makes its world-premiere in Dublin, Ireland.
- 1870The Metropolitan Museum of Art founded.
- 1873The Colfax Massacre takes place.
- 1919Jallianwala Bagh massacre: British troops massacre at least 379 unarmed demonstrators in Amritsar, India. At least 1200 wounded.
- 1919The Establishment of the Provisional Government of the Republic of Korea.
- 1943World War II: The discovery of a mass grave of Polish prisoners of war executed by Soviet forces in the Katyń Forest Massacre is announced, causing a diplomatic rift between the Polish government in exile in London from the Soviet Union, which denies responsibility.
- 1945World War II: Soviet and Bulgarian forces capture Vienna, Austria.
- 1970An oxygen tank aboard Apollo 13 explodes, putting the crew in great danger and causing major damage to the spacecraft while en route to the Moon.
- 1976The United States Treasury Department reintroduced the two-dollar bill as a Federal Reserve Note on Thomas Jefferson’s 233rd birthday as part of the United States Bicentennial celebration.
Who were born on April 13?
- 1570Guy Fawkes, English Catholic conspirator (d. 1606)
- 1584Albert VI of Bavaria (d. 1666)
- 1851Robert Abbe, American surgeon (d. 1928)
- 1919Roland Gaucher, French journalist (d. 2007)
- 1941Michael Stuart Brown, American geneticist, Nobel laureate
- 1944Charles Burnett, American film director
- 1944Jack Casady, American musician
- 1945Lowell George, American singer/guitarist (d. 1979)
- 1951Peter Davison, English actor
- 1987Antwone Taulton, Homeless Advocate
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.