April 13: Day of the Week
April 13, 2017 was the 103rd day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 262 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
April 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1256The Grand Union of the Augustinian order formed when Pope Alexander IV issues a papal bull Licet ecclesiae catholicae.
- 1776American Revolutionary War: American forces are surprised in the Battle of Bound Brook, New Jersey.
- 1796The first elephant ever seen in the United States arrives from India.
- 1829The British Parliament grants freedom of religion to Roman Catholics.
- 1849Hungary becomes a republic.
- 1868The Abyssinian War ends as British and Indian troops capture Magdala.
- 1909The Turkish military reverses the Ottoman countercoup of 1909 to force the deposal of Sultan Abdul Hamid II.
- 1941Pact of neutrality between the USSR and Japan is signed.
- 1943The Jefferson Memorial is dedicated in Washington, D.C., on the 200th anniversary of Thomas Jefferson’s birth.
- 1972Vietnam War: The Battle of An Lộc begins.
Who were born on April 13?
- 1573Christina of Holstein-Gottorp, queen consort of Sweden (d. 1625)
- 1715John Hanson, President of the United States in Congress Assembled (d. 1783)
- 1732Frederick North, Lord North, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom (d. 1792)
- 1879Edward Bruce, Director art projects (d. 1943)
- 1889Herbert Osborne Yardley, American cryptographer (d. 1958)
- 1890Frank Murphy, American public servant (d. 1949)
- 1919Howard Keel, American actor, singer, and president of the Screen Actors Guild (d. 2004)
- 1932Orlando Letelier, Chilean politician (d. 1976)
- 1964Caroline Rhea, Canadian actress
- 1982Janice Vidal, Hong Kong singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.