April 13: Day of the Week
April 13, 2016 was the 104th day of the year 2016 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 262 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
April 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1829The British Parliament grants freedom of religion to Roman Catholics.
- 1902James C. Penney opens his first store in Kemmerer, Wyoming.
- 1909The Turkish military reverses the Ottoman countercoup of 1909 to force the deposal of Sultan Abdul Hamid II.
- 1919The Establishment of the Provisional Government of the Republic of Korea.
- 1944Diplomatic relations between New Zealand and the Soviet Union are established.
- 1945World War II: Soviet and Bulgarian forces capture Vienna, Austria.
- 1958During the Cold War, American Van Cliburn wins the inaugural International Tchaikovsky Competition in Moscow.
- 1972The Universal Postal Union decides to recognize the People’s Republic of China as the only legitimate Chinese representative, effectively expelling the Republic of China administering Taiwan.
- 1976The United States Treasury Department reintroduced the two-dollar bill as a Federal Reserve Note on Thomas Jefferson’s 233rd birthday as part of the United States Bicentennial celebration.
- 1992The Great Chicago Flood.
Who were born on April 13?
- 1892Arthur Travers ‘Bomber’Harris, British Air Force commander (d. 1984)
- 1911Ico Hitrec, Croatian footballer (d. 1946)
- 1939Paul Sorvino, American actor
- 1941Jean-Marc Reiser, French comics creator (d. 1983)
- 1944Susan Davis, American politician
- 1949Ricardo Zunino, Argentine racing driver
- 1951Peter Davison, English actor
- 1955Ole von Beust, Mayor of Hamburg
- 1974Sergei Gonchar, Russian ice hockey player
- 1987Antwone Taulton, Homeless Advocate
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.