April 13: Day of the Week
April 13, 2016 was the 104th day of the year 2016 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 262 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
April 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1598Henry IV of France issues the Edict of Nantes, allowing freedom of religion to the Huguenots. (Edict repealed in 1685.)
- 1742George Frideric Handel’s oratorio Messiah makes its world-premiere in Dublin, Ireland.
- 1776American Revolutionary War: American forces are surprised in the Battle of Bound Brook, New Jersey.
- 1873The Colfax Massacre takes place.
- 1919Eugene V. Debs enters prison at the Atlanta Federal Penitentiary in Atlanta, Georgia, for speaking out against the draft during World War I.
- 1943The Jefferson Memorial is dedicated in Washington, D.C., on the 200th anniversary of Thomas Jefferson’s birth.
- 1944Diplomatic relations between New Zealand and the Soviet Union are established.
- 1948The Hadassah medical convoy massacre: In an ambush, 79 Jewish doctors, nurses and medical students from Hadassah Hospital and a British soldier are massacred by Arabs in Sheikh Jarra near Jerusalem.
- 1975Bus massacre in Lebanon: Attack by the Phalangist resistance kill 26 militia members of the P.F.L. of Palestine, marking the start of the 15-year Lebanese Civil War.
- 1976The United States Treasury Department reintroduced the two-dollar bill as a Federal Reserve Note on Thomas Jefferson’s 233rd birthday as part of the United States Bicentennial celebration.
Who were born on April 13?
- 1729Thomas Percy, Bishop and magazine editor (d. 1811)
- 1780Alexander Mitchell, Irish engineer (d. 1868)
- 1784Friedrich Graf von Wrangel, Prussian field marshal (d. 1877)
- 1787John Robertson, U.S. politician (d. 1873)
- 1802Leopold Fitzinger, Austrian zoologist (d. 1884)
- 1920John LaPorta, American musician (d. 2004)
- 1954Barbara Roche, British politician
- 1970Ricardo Rincon, Mexican baseball player
- 1972Mariusz Czerkawski, Polish ice hockey player
- 1987Brandon Hardesty, American internet entertainer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.