April 13: Day of the Week
April 13, 2015 was the 103rd day of the year 2015 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 262 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
April 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1111Henry V is crowned Holy Roman Emperor.
- 1829The British Parliament grants freedom of religion to Roman Catholics.
- 1861American Civil War: Fort Sumter surrenders to Confederate forces.
- 1919The Establishment of the Provisional Government of the Republic of Korea.
- 1945World War II: German troops kill more than 1,000 political and military prisoners in Gardelegen Germany.
- 1945World War II: Soviet and Bulgarian forces capture Vienna, Austria.
- 1964At the Academy Awards, Sidney Poitier becomes the first African-American male to win the Best Actor award for the 1963 film Lilies of the Field.
- 1975Bus massacre in Lebanon: Attack by the Phalangist resistance kill 26 militia members of the P.F.L. of Palestine, marking the start of the 15-year Lebanese Civil War.
- 1987Portugal and the People’s Republic of China sign an agreement in which Macau would be returned to China in 1999.
- 1992The Great Chicago Flood.
Who were born on April 13?
- 1570Guy Fawkes, English Catholic conspirator (d. 1606)
- 1648Jeanne Marie Bouvier de la Motte Guyon, French mystic (d. 1717)
- 1891Nella Larsen, African-American novelist (d. 1964)
- 1902Marguerite Henry, American author
- 1924Jack Chick, American evangelist
- 1931Jon Stone, co-creator of Sesame Street (d. 1997)
- 1940J.M.G. Le Clézio, French novelist, Nobel laureate in Literature.
- 1957Dallas Moir, Scottish cricketer
- 1979Meghann Shaughnessy, American tennis player
- 1984Anders Lindegaard, Danish footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.