April 13: Day of the Week
April 13, 2017 was the 103rd day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 262 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get the Star Lovers Report and discover the secrets of a better relationship. Start to seize love opportunities in your life. Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention you can get a F-R-E-E sample? (Sponsored link)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. Use them to prosper in love, money, and career! Get your Aries horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
April 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1204Constantinople falls to the Crusaders of the Fourth Crusade, temporarily ending the Byzantine Empire.
- 1742George Frideric Handel’s oratorio Messiah makes its world-premiere in Dublin, Ireland.
- 1776American Revolutionary War: American forces are surprised in the Battle of Bound Brook, New Jersey.
- 1868The Abyssinian War ends as British and Indian troops capture Magdala.
- 1909The Turkish military reverses the Ottoman countercoup of 1909 to force the deposal of Sultan Abdul Hamid II.
- 1919Jallianwala Bagh massacre: British troops massacre at least 379 unarmed demonstrators in Amritsar, India. At least 1200 wounded.
- 1964At the Academy Awards, Sidney Poitier becomes the first African-American male to win the Best Actor award for the 1963 film Lilies of the Field.
- 1970An oxygen tank aboard Apollo 13 explodes, putting the crew in great danger and causing major damage to the spacecraft while en route to the Moon.
- 1975Bus massacre in Lebanon: Attack by the Phalangist resistance kill 26 militia members of the P.F.L. of Palestine, marking the start of the 15-year Lebanese Civil War.
- 1976The United States Treasury Department reintroduced the two-dollar bill as a Federal Reserve Note on Thomas Jefferson’s 233rd birthday as part of the United States Bicentennial celebration.
Who were born on April 13?
- 1573Christina of Holstein-Gottorp, queen consort of Sweden (d. 1625)
- 1780Alexander Mitchell, Irish engineer (d. 1868)
- 1875Ray Lyman Wilbur, 31st United States Secretary of the Interior and 3rd President of Stanford University (d. 1949)
- 1885Vean Gregg, American baseball player (d. 1964)
- 1901Jacques Lacan, French psychoanalyst and semanticist (d. 1981)
- 1906Samuel Beckett, Irish writer, Nobel laureate (d. 1989)
- 1944Brian Pendleton, musician (d. 2001)
- 1970Rick Schroder, American actor
- 1974David Zdrilić, Australian soccer player
- 1978Carles Puyol, Catalan footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.