April 13: Day of the Week
April 13, 2016 was the 104th day of the year 2016 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 262 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
April 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1111Henry V is crowned Holy Roman Emperor.
- 1742George Frideric Handel’s oratorio Messiah makes its world-premiere in Dublin, Ireland.
- 1796The first elephant ever seen in the United States arrives from India.
- 1849Hungary becomes a republic.
- 1873The Colfax Massacre takes place.
- 1919Eugene V. Debs enters prison at the Atlanta Federal Penitentiary in Atlanta, Georgia, for speaking out against the draft during World War I.
- 1953CIA director Allen Dulles launches the mind-control program MKULTRA.
- 1964At the Academy Awards, Sidney Poitier becomes the first African-American male to win the Best Actor award for the 1963 film Lilies of the Field.
- 1972The Universal Postal Union decides to recognize the People’s Republic of China as the only legitimate Chinese representative, effectively expelling the Republic of China administering Taiwan.
- 1997Tiger Woods becomes the youngest golfer to win the Masters Tournament.
Who were born on April 13?
- 1506Peter Faber, French Jesuit theologian (d. 1546)
- 1780Alexander Mitchell, Irish engineer (d. 1868)
- 1787John Robertson, U.S. politician (d. 1873)
- 1891Maurice Vincent Buckley, Australian winner of the Victoria Cross (d. 1921)
- 1891Robert Scholl, German politician, father of Hans and Sophie Scholl (d. 1973)
- 1920John LaPorta, American musician (d. 2004)
- 1946Al Green, American singer and pastor
- 1966Mando, Greek singer
- 1974Darren Turner, British racing driver
- 1983Schalk Burger, South African rugby player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.