April 13: Day of the Week
April 13, 2017 is the 103rd day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 262 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
April 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1256The Grand Union of the Augustinian order formed when Pope Alexander IV issues a papal bull Licet ecclesiae catholicae.
- 1613Samuel Argall kidnaps Chief Powhatan’s daughter, Pocahontas in Virginia along the Potomac River.
- 1742George Frideric Handel’s oratorio Messiah makes its world-premiere in Dublin, Ireland.
- 1870The Metropolitan Museum of Art founded.
- 1944Diplomatic relations between New Zealand and the Soviet Union are established.
- 1958During the Cold War, American Van Cliburn wins the inaugural International Tchaikovsky Competition in Moscow.
- 1972Vietnam War: The Battle of An Lộc begins.
- 1975Bus massacre in Lebanon: Attack by the Phalangist resistance kill 26 militia members of the P.F.L. of Palestine, marking the start of the 15-year Lebanese Civil War.
- 1976The United States Treasury Department reintroduced the two-dollar bill as a Federal Reserve Note on Thomas Jefferson’s 233rd birthday as part of the United States Bicentennial celebration.
- 1984India moves into Siachen Glacier thus annexing more territory from the Line of Control.
Who were born on April 13?
- 1648Jeanne Marie Bouvier de la Motte Guyon, French mystic (d. 1717)
- 1743Thomas Jefferson, 3rd President of the United States (d. 1826)
- 1771Richard Trevithick, English engineer and inventor (d. 1833)
- 1907Harold Stassen, American Presidential candidate (d. 2001)
- 1911Jean-Louis Lévesque, Canadian entrepreneur and philanthropist (d. 1994)
- 1922John Braine, British novelist (d. 1986)
- 1928Alan Clark, English politician (d. 1999)
- 1962Dave Miley, former baseball player and manager
- 1970Rick Schroder, American actor
- 1975Bruce Dyer, English footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.