April 13: Day of the Week
April 13, 2016 was the 104th day of the year 2016 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 262 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
April 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1612Miyamoto Musashi defeats Sasaki Kojiro at Funajima island.
- 1796The first elephant ever seen in the United States arrives from India.
- 1870The Metropolitan Museum of Art founded.
- 1919The Establishment of the Provisional Government of the Republic of Korea.
- 1943The Jefferson Memorial is dedicated in Washington, D.C., on the 200th anniversary of Thomas Jefferson’s birth.
- 1944Diplomatic relations between New Zealand and the Soviet Union are established.
- 1948The Hadassah medical convoy massacre: In an ambush, 79 Jewish doctors, nurses and medical students from Hadassah Hospital and a British soldier are massacred by Arabs in Sheikh Jarra near Jerusalem.
- 1976The United States Treasury Department reintroduced the two-dollar bill as a Federal Reserve Note on Thomas Jefferson’s 233rd birthday as part of the United States Bicentennial celebration.
- 1984India moves into Siachen Glacier thus annexing more territory from the Line of Control.
- 1987Portugal and the People’s Republic of China sign an agreement in which Macau would be returned to China in 1999.
Who were born on April 13?
- 1519Catherine de' Medici, wife of Henry II of France (d. 1589)
- 1573Christina of Holstein-Gottorp, queen consort of Sweden (d. 1625)
- 1892Arthur Travers ‘Bomber’Harris, British Air Force commander (d. 1984)
- 1950Ron Perlman, American actor
- 1952David Drew, British politician
- 1954Jimmy Destri, American keyboardist
- 1955Ole von Beust, Mayor of Hamburg
- 1970Szilveszter Csollány, Hungarian gymnast
- 1980Quentin Richardson, American basketball player
- 1982Nellie McKay, American singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.