April 13: Day of the Week
April 13, 2016 was the 104th day of the year 2016 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 262 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mercredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
April 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1111Henry V is crowned Holy Roman Emperor.
- 1204Constantinople falls to the Crusaders of the Fourth Crusade, temporarily ending the Byzantine Empire.
- 1861American Civil War: Fort Sumter surrenders to Confederate forces.
- 1868The Abyssinian War ends as British and Indian troops capture Magdala.
- 1919Jallianwala Bagh massacre: British troops massacre at least 379 unarmed demonstrators in Amritsar, India. At least 1200 wounded.
- 1960The United States launches Transit 1-B, the world’s first satellite navigation system.
- 1970An oxygen tank aboard Apollo 13 explodes, putting the crew in great danger and causing major damage to the spacecraft while en route to the Moon.
- 1972Vietnam War: The Battle of An Lộc begins.
- 1975Bus massacre in Lebanon: Attack by the Phalangist resistance kill 26 militia members of the P.F.L. of Palestine, marking the start of the 15-year Lebanese Civil War.
- 1976The United States Treasury Department reintroduced the two-dollar bill as a Federal Reserve Note on Thomas Jefferson’s 233rd birthday as part of the United States Bicentennial celebration.
Who were born on April 13?
- 1832Juan Montalvo, Ecuadoran author (d. 1889)
- 1891Nella Larsen, African-American novelist (d. 1964)
- 1942Ataol Behramoglu Turkish poet and writer
- 1945Charles Robinson, American actor
- 1950William Sadler, American actor
- 1961Hiro Yamamoto, American rock bassist
- 1966Mando, Greek singer
- 1972Mariusz Czerkawski, Polish ice hockey player
- 1976Patrik Eliáš, Czech ice hockey player
- 1978Arron Asham, Canadian ice hockey player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.