April 13: Day of the Week
April 13, 2016 was the 104th day of the year 2016 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 262 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mercredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
April 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1111Henry V is crowned Holy Roman Emperor.
- 1613Samuel Argall kidnaps Chief Powhatan’s daughter, Pocahontas in Virginia along the Potomac River.
- 1796The first elephant ever seen in the United States arrives from India.
- 1829The British Parliament grants freedom of religion to Roman Catholics.
- 1943The Jefferson Memorial is dedicated in Washington, D.C., on the 200th anniversary of Thomas Jefferson’s birth.
- 1944Diplomatic relations between New Zealand and the Soviet Union are established.
- 1948The Hadassah medical convoy massacre: In an ambush, 79 Jewish doctors, nurses and medical students from Hadassah Hospital and a British soldier are massacred by Arabs in Sheikh Jarra near Jerusalem.
- 1960The United States launches Transit 1-B, the world’s first satellite navigation system.
- 1970An oxygen tank aboard Apollo 13 explodes, putting the crew in great danger and causing major damage to the spacecraft while en route to the Moon.
- 1975Bus massacre in Lebanon: Attack by the Phalangist resistance kill 26 militia members of the P.F.L. of Palestine, marking the start of the 15-year Lebanese Civil War.
Who were born on April 13?
- 1506Peter Faber, French Jesuit theologian (d. 1546)
- 1715John Hanson, President of the United States in Congress Assembled (d. 1783)
- 1920Liam Cosgrave, fifth Taoiseach of the Republic of Ireland
- 1937Lanford Wilson, American playwright (d. 2011)
- 1950Ron Perlman, American actor
- 1953Stephen Byers, British politician
- 1966Mando, Greek singer
- 1983Hunter Pence, American baseball player
- 1987Brandon Hardesty, American internet entertainer
- 1987Massimiliano Pesenti, Italian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.