April 2: Day of the Week
April 2, 2017 was the 92nd day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 273 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
April 2 Historical Event(s)
- 1800Ludwig van Beethoven leads the premiere of his First Symphony in Vienna.
- 1865American Civil War: Confederate President Jefferson Davis and most of his Cabinet flee the Confederate capital of Richmond, Virginia.
- 1885Cree warriors attacked the village of Frog Lake, North-West Territories, Canada, killing 9.
- 1902“Electric Theatre”, the first full-time movie theater in the United States, opens in Los Angeles, California.
- 1956As the World Turns and The Edge of Night premiere on CBS-TV. The two soaps become the first daytime dramas to debut in the 30-minute format.
- 1973Launch of the LexisNexis computerized legal research service.
- 1975Construction of the CN Tower is completed in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It reaches 553.33 m in height, becoming the world’s tallest free-standing structure.
- 1975Vietnam War: Thousands of civilian refugees flee from the Quang Ngai Province in front of advancing North Vietnamese troops.
- 1980President Jimmy Carter signs the Crude Oil Windfall Profits Tax Act in an effort to help the U.S. economy rebound.
- 2006Over 60 tornadoes break out in the United States; hardest hit is in Tennessee with 29 people killed.
Who were born on April 2?
- 1527Abraham Ortelius, Flemish cartographer and geographer (d. 1598)
- 1814Erastus Brigham Bigelow, American inventor (d. 1879)
- 1933György Konrád, Hungarian Jewish author, sociologist, essayist
- 1948Dimitris Mitropanos, Greek singer
- 1951Moriteru Ueshiba, Japanese martial artist
- 1958Larry Drew, American basketball player
- 1971Elton, German comedian
- 1980Carlos Salcido, Mexican footballer
- 1984Nóra Barta, Hungarian diver
- 1985Stéphane Lambiel, Swiss figure skater
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.