April 3: Day of the Week
April 3, 2017 was the 93rd day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 272 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! Are you ready to solve your biggest career problem? First, you need to find out what’s preventing you to move forward in your career. Unlock your potential for success with the Career Analysis report. Get a free sample – no obligation to buy! (Sponsored link)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. Use them to prosper in love, money, and career! Get your Aries horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
April 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1860The first successful United States Pony Express run from Saint Joseph, Missouri to Sacramento, California begins.
- 1882American Old West: Jesse James is killed by Robert Ford.
- 1888The first of 11 unsolved brutal murders of women committed in or near the impoverished Whitechapel district in the East End of London, occurs.
- 1922Joseph Stalin becomes the first General Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union.
- 1933First flight over Mount Everest, a British expedition, led by the Marquis of Clydesdale, and funded by Lucy, Lady Houston
- 1942World War II: Japanese forces begin an assault on the United States and Filipino troops on the Bataan Peninsula.
- 1956Hudsonville-Standale Tornado: The western half of the Lower Peninsula of Michigan is struck by a deadly F5 tornado.
- 1969Vietnam War: United States Secretary of Defense Melvin Laird announces that the United States will start to “Vietnamize” the war effort.
- 1973Martin Cooper of Motorola made the first handheld mobile phone call to Joel S. Engel of Bell Labs, though it took ten years for the DynaTAC 8000X to become the first such phone to be commercially released.
- 1996Suspected “Unabomber” Theodore Kaczynski is arrested at his cabin in Montana, United States.
Who were born on April 3?
- 1643Charles V, Duke of Lorraine, general of the Holy Roman Empire (d. 1690)
- 1880Otto Weininger, Austrian philosopher (d. 1903)
- 1911Stanisława Walasiewicz, Polish Olympic athlete (d. 1980)
- 1926Virgil “Gus” Grissom, American astronaut (d. 1967)
- 1930Wally Moon, American baseball player
- 1936Jimmy McGriff, American jazz organist (d. 2008)
- 1963Jack Del Rio, American football coach
- 1969Rodney Hampton, American football player
- 1975Koji Uehara, Japanese baseball player
- 1989Thomas Kurz, German footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.