April 3: Day of the Week
April 3, 2017 is the 93rd day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 272 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
April 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1559The Peace of Cateau-Cambrésis treaty is signed, ending the Italian Wars.
- 1834The generals in the Greek War of Independence stand trial for treason.
- 1865American Civil War: Union forces capture Richmond, Virginia, the capital of the Confederate States of America.
- 1885Gottlieb Daimler is granted a German patent for his engine design.
- 1948In Jeju, South Korea, a civil-war-like period of violence and human rights abuses begins, known as the Jeju massacre.
- 1955The American Civil Liberties Union announces it will defend Allen Ginsberg’s book Howl against obscenity charges.
- 1968Martin Luther King, Jr. delivers his “I've Been to the Mountaintop” speech.
- 1969Vietnam War: United States Secretary of Defense Melvin Laird announces that the United States will start to “Vietnamize” the war effort.
- 1981The Osborne 1, the first successful portable computer, is unveiled at the West Coast Computer Faire in San Francisco.
- 1996Suspected “Unabomber” Theodore Kaczynski is arrested at his cabin in Montana, United States.
Who were born on April 3?
- 1822Edward Everett Hale, American writer (d. 1909)
- 1904Sally Rand, American burlesque dancer (d. 1979)
- 1930Helmut Kohl, Chancellor of Germany
- 1936Scott LaFaro, American musician (d. 1961)
- 1949Anthony Grayling, British philosopher
- 1951Mel Schacher, American musician
- 1954Elisabetta Brusa, Italian composer
- 1966John de Vries, Australian racing driver
- 1987Julie Sokolow, American musician
- 1989Thomas Kurz, German footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.