April 3: Day of the Week
April 3, 2017 was the 93rd day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 272 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
April 3 Historical Event(s)
- 33Generally agreed-upon date for the historical crucifixion of Jesus of Nazareth, the central figure of Christianity.
- 1043Edward the Confessor is crowned King of England.
- 1865American Civil War: Union forces capture Richmond, Virginia, the capital of the Confederate States of America.
- 1888The first of 11 unsolved brutal murders of women committed in or near the impoverished Whitechapel district in the East End of London, occurs.
- 1946Japanese Lt. General Masaharu Homma is executed in the Philippines for leading the Bataan Death March.
- 1955The American Civil Liberties Union announces it will defend Allen Ginsberg’s book Howl against obscenity charges.
- 1974The Super Outbreak occurs, the biggest tornado outbreak in recorded history. The death toll is 315, with nearly 5,500 injured.
- 1981The Osborne 1, the first successful portable computer, is unveiled at the West Coast Computer Faire in San Francisco.
- 2004Islamic terrorists involved in the 11 March 2004 Madrid attacks are trapped by the police in their apartment and kill themselves.
- 2008ATA Airlines, once one of the 10 largest U.S. passenger airlines and largest charter airline, files for bankruptcy for the second time in 5 years and ceases all operations.
Who were born on April 3?
- 1770Theodoros Kolokotronis, Greek general (d. 1843)
- 1887Nishizō Tsukahara, Japanese naval commander (d. 1966)
- 1921Darío Moreno, Turkish-Jewish singer and songwriter (d. 1968)
- 1945Catherine Spaak, French actress
- 1950Sally Thomsett, English actress
- 1952K. Krishnasamy, Indian politician and physician
- 1959David Hyde Pierce, American actor
- 1979Leandro Vieira, Brazilian footballer
- 1981Heath Ramsay, Australian Olympic swimmer
- 1990Karim Ansarifard, Iranian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.