April 3: Day of the Week
April 3, 2017 is the 93rd day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 272 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
April 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1077The first Parliament of Friuli is created.
- 1559The Peace of Cateau-Cambrésis treaty is signed, ending the Italian Wars.
- 1885Gottlieb Daimler is granted a German patent for his engine design.
- 1929RMS Queen Mary is ordered from John Brown & Company Shipbuilding and Engineering by Cunard Line.
- 1955The American Civil Liberties Union announces it will defend Allen Ginsberg’s book Howl against obscenity charges.
- 1956Hudsonville-Standale Tornado: The western half of the Lower Peninsula of Michigan is struck by a deadly F5 tornado.
- 1974The Super Outbreak occurs, the biggest tornado outbreak in recorded history. The death toll is 315, with nearly 5,500 injured.
- 1996Suspected “Unabomber” Theodore Kaczynski is arrested at his cabin in Montana, United States.
- 1997The Thalit massacre begins in Algeria; all but 1 of the 53 inhabitants of Thalit are killed by guerrillas.
- 2008Texas law enforcement cordons off the FLDS’s YFZ Ranch. Eventually 533 women and children will be removed and taken into state custody.
Who were born on April 3?
- 1367King Henry IV of England (d. 1413)
- 1821T. Pelham Dale, Anglican clergyman prosecuted for Ritualist practices in the 1870s (d. 1892)
- 1842Ulric Dahlgren, American Unionist colonel (d. 1864)
- 1962Mike Ness, American musician
- 1966John de Vries, Australian racing driver
- 1967Brent Gilchrist, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1978Matthew Goode, English actor
- 1987Jay Bruce, American baseball player
- 1988Peter Hartley, English footballer
- 1988Tim Krul, Dutch footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.