April 4: Day of the Week
April 4, 2017 was the 94th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 271 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. Use them to prosper in love, money, and career! Get your Aries horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
April 4 Historical Event(s)
- 1081Alexios I Komnenos is crowned Byzantine emperor at Constantinople, bringing the Komnenian dynasty to full power.
- 1660Declaration of Breda by King Charles II of England.
- 1814Napoleon abdicates for the first time.
- 1859Bryant’s Minstrels debut “Dixie” in New York City in the finale of a blackface minstrel show.
- 1905In India, the 1905 Kangra earthquake hits the Kangra valley, kills 20,000, and destroys most buildings in Kangra, Mcleodganj and Dharamshala
- 1930The Communist Party of Panama is founded.
- 1958The CND Peace Symbol displayed in public for the first time in London.
- 1983Space Shuttle Challenger makes its maiden voyage into space (STS-6).
- 1991Senator John Heinz of Pennsylvania and six others are killed when a helicopter collides with their plane over an elementary school in Merion, Pennsylvania.
- 2002The Angolan government and UNITA rebels sign a peace treaty ending the Angolan Civil War.
Who were born on April 4?
- 1572William Strachey, English writer (d. 1621)
- 1933Bill France, Jr., NASCAR pioneer (d. 2007)
- 1946Dave Hill, English guitarist (Slade)
- 1947Luke Halpin, American actor
- 1949Shing-Tung Yau, Chinese mathematician
- 1958Mary-Margaret Humes, American actress
- 1970Barry Pepper, Canadian actor
- 1975Thobias Fredriksson, Swedish cross-country skier
- 1979Jessica Napier, New Zealand actress
- 1992Alexa Nikolas, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.