You’re probably looking for a day of the week calculator. Chances are you have a date in mind and you want to find out what day of the week it was. You’re in luck! This nifty little website will help you solve your problem. Let’s face it, it’s not easy to find an old calendar just to find out what day of the week a particular day is.
It’s also possible that you might be asking the question: “What day of the week was I born?” Whatever your reason is, you’ll get the days of the week you are looking for.
As an added bonus, this website utilizes pages from Wikipedia to extract historical events and birthday of popular individuals. This is useful if you’re creating a scrapbook and you want to know some important events that took place about a particular day.
This website is using the Gregorian calendar system as the basis for computing the day of the week. Dates before 1752 in some European countries were recorded as a Julian calendar date such as the one engraved in the above picture of a church tower in Salisbury, a city in England. (Photo credit: Alan Clarke) Just for fun. Try entering the date you see in the above picture and verify the day of the week.
Here are some interesting facts about the Julian and Gregorian calendars. When the Calendar Act was implemented in Britain, on September 2, 1752 the Britons slept using the old Julian calendar and woke up the following morning using the Gregorian calendar but it suddenly became September 14, 1752. They skipped 11 days overnight. Some neighboring countries made the switch to Gregorian calendar a few centuries earlier while others a few centuries later. For example, the Russians only adopted the Gregorian calendar in 1918. The Greeks did not switch to it until 1923 and they have to skip 13 days instead of just 11 days.
Now, let us begin with today’s date. You may also enter a specific day using the form on the top bar. The year is optional and this website will use the current year if it is not given. All date and time computations are based on the server’s current date and time which is Saturday, July 22, 2017 02:52:02 PM UTC.
July 22: Day of the Week
July 22, 2017 is the 203rd day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 162 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. Use them to prosper in love, money, and career! Get your Cancer horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
July 22 Historical Event(s)
- 1456Ottoman Wars in Europe: Siege of Belgrade – John Hunyadi, Regent of the Kingdom of Hungary, defeats Mehmet II of the Ottoman Empire
- 1793Alexander Mackenzie reaches the Pacific Ocean becoming the first Euro-American to complete a transcontinental crossing of Canada.
- 1864American Civil War: Battle of Atlanta – outside Atlanta, Georgia, Confederate General John Bell Hood leads an unsuccessful attack on Union troops under General William T. Sherman on Bald Hill.
- 1983Martial law in Poland is officially revoked.
- 2005Jean Charles de Menezes is killed by police as the hunt begins for the London Bombers responsible for the 7 July 2005 London bombings and the 21 July 2005 London bombings.
Who were born on July 22?
- 1928Orson Bean, American film actor
- 1944Estelle Bennett, American singer (Ronettes) (d. 2009)
- 1955Willem Dafoe, American actor
- 1961Keith Sweat, American singer
- 1974Sonija Kwok, Hong Kong actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.