August 9, 1974: Day of the Week
August 9, 1974 was the 221st day of the year 1974 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 144 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
A person born on this day will be 41 years old today. If that same person saved a Half dollar every day starting at age 7, then by now that person has accumulated $6,266.00 today. That is, assuming this person is still alive and kicking.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the August 1974 calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly 1974 calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Leo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Peridot is the modern birthstone for this month. Diamond is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Tiger is the mythical animal and Wood is the element for a person born on this day if we consider the very old art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac).
August 9, 1974 Historical Event(s)
- 1974As a direct result of the Watergate scandal, Richard Nixon becomes the first President of the United States to resign from office. His Vice President, Gerald Ford, becomes president.
Who were born on August 9, 1974?
- 1974Derek Fisher, American basketball player
- 1974Kirill Reznik, American politician
- 1974Mahesh Babu, Indian film actor
- 1974Matt Morris, American baseball player
- 1974Nicola Stapleton, English actress
- 1974Stephen Fung, Hong Kong actor and director
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.