February 10: Day of the Week
February 10, 2017 is the 41st day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 324 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kin'yōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
February 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1567An explosion destroys the Kirk o' Field house in Edinburgh, Scotland. The second husband of Mary, Queen of Scots, Lord Darnley is found strangled, in what many believe to be an assassination.
- 1814Napoleonic Wars: Battle of Champaubert
- 1863The fire extinguisher is patented.
- 1933In round 13 of a boxing match at New York City’s Madison Square Garden, Primo Carnera knocks out Ernie Schaaf, killing him.
- 1936Second Italo-Abyssinian War: Italian troops launched the Battle of Amba Aradam against Ethiopian defenders.
- 1947Italy cedes most of Venezia Giulia to Yugoslavia.
- 1948New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Rat in Chinese astrology.
- 1954President Dwight Eisenhower warns against United States intervention in Vietnam.
- 1998Voters in Maine repeal a gay rights law passed in 1997 becoming the first U.S. state to abandon such a law.
- 2009The communication satellites Iridium 33 and Kosmos-2251 collide in orbit, destroying both.
Who were born on February 10?
- 1890Boris Pasternak, Russian writer, Nobel Prize Laureate (d. 1960)
- 1914Larry Adler, American harmonica player (d. 2001)
- 1920José Manuel Castañón, Spanish writer (d. 2001)
- 1934Fleur Adcock, New Zealand poet
- 1940Mary Rand, British athlete, former world record holder in the long jump
- 1955Christopher Adams, British wrestler and judoka (d. 2001)
- 1968Garrett Reisman, American astronaut
- 1968Peter Popovic, Swedish ice hockey player
- 1970Alberto Castillo, Dominican baseball player
- 1986Roberto Jiménez Gago, Spanish footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.