February 10: Day of the Week
February 10, 2017 was the 41st day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 324 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! Are you ready to solve your biggest career problem? First, you need to find out what’s preventing you to move forward in your career. Unlock your potential for success with the Career Analysis report. Get a free sample – no obligation to buy! (Sponsored link)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. Use them to prosper in love, money, and career! Get your Aquarius horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
February 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1258Baghdad falls to the Mongols, and the Abbasid Caliphate is destroyed.
- 1355The St. Scholastica’s Day riot breaks out in Oxford, England, leaving 63 scholars and perhaps 30 locals dead in two days.
- 1567An explosion destroys the Kirk o' Field house in Edinburgh, Scotland. The second husband of Mary, Queen of Scots, Lord Darnley is found strangled, in what many believe to be an assassination.
- 1846First Anglo-Sikh War: Battle of Sobraon – British defeat Sikhs in final battle of the war
- 1906HMS Dreadnought is launched.
- 1910New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Dog in Chinese astrology.
- 1920Jozef Haller de Hallenburg performs symbolic wedding of Poland to the sea, celebrating restitution of Polish access to open sea.
- 1936Second Italo-Abyssinian War: Italian troops launched the Battle of Amba Aradam against Ethiopian defenders.
- 1947Italy cedes most of Venezia Giulia to Yugoslavia.
- 1996The IBM supercomputer Deep Blue defeats Garry Kasparov for the first time.
Who were born on February 10?
- 1783Fyodor Petrovich Tolstoy, Russian painter (d. 1873)
- 1846Ira Remsen, American chemist (d. 1927)
- 1920Neva Patterson, American actress (d. 2010)
- 1929Jim Whittaker, American mountaineer
- 1930E. L. Konigsburg, American author and illustrator of children’s and young adult fiction
- 1941Michael Apted, British director
- 1948Luis Donaldo Colosio, Mexican politician (d. 1994)
- 1949Maxime Le Forestier, French singer
- 1967Laura Dern, American actress
- 1981Andrew Johnson, English footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.