February 10: Day of the Week
February 10, 2017 was the 41st day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 324 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
February 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1258Baghdad falls to the Mongols, and the Abbasid Caliphate is destroyed.
- 1355The St. Scholastica’s Day riot breaks out in Oxford, England, leaving 63 scholars and perhaps 30 locals dead in two days.
- 1567An explosion destroys the Kirk o' Field house in Edinburgh, Scotland. The second husband of Mary, Queen of Scots, Lord Darnley is found strangled, in what many believe to be an assassination.
- 1763French and Indian War: The 1763 Treaty of Paris ends the war and France cedes Quebec to Great Britain.
- 1814Napoleonic Wars: Battle of Champaubert
- 1929New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Snake in Chinese astrology.
- 1933In round 13 of a boxing match at New York City’s Madison Square Garden, Primo Carnera knocks out Ernie Schaaf, killing him.
- 1933The New York City-based Postal Telegraph Company introduces the first singing telegram.
- 1964Melbourne-Voyager collision: The aircraft carrier HMAS Melbourne collides with the destroyer HMAS Voyager off the south coast of New South Wales, Australia.
- 1981A fire at the Las Vegas Hilton hotel-casino kills eight and injures 198.
Who were born on February 10?
- 1903Matthias Sindelar, Austrian footballer (d. 1939)
- 1926Danny Blanchflower, Northern Irish footballer (d. 1993)
- 1937Roberta Flack, American singer
- 1939Peter Purves, British actor and television presenter
- 1947Butch Morris, American jazz cornetist and composer
- 1956Enele Sopoaga, Tuvaluan politician and diplomat
- 1962Bobby Czyz, American boxer
- 1974Elizabeth Banks, American actress
- 1978Don Omar, Puerto Rican singer
- 1997Chloë Moretz, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.