February 10: Day of the Week
February 10, 2017 was the 41st day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 324 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
February 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1814Napoleonic Wars: Battle of Champaubert
- 1870The YWCA is founded in New York City.
- 1920Jozef Haller de Hallenburg performs symbolic wedding of Poland to the sea, celebrating restitution of Polish access to open sea.
- 1942Japanese submarine bombards Midway Atoll.
- 1948New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Rat in Chinese astrology.
- 1954President Dwight Eisenhower warns against United States intervention in Vietnam.
- 1967The 25th Amendment to the United States Constitution is ratified.
- 1981A fire at the Las Vegas Hilton hotel-casino kills eight and injures 198.
- 2003France and Belgium break the NATO procedure of silent approval concerning the timing of protective measures for Turkey in case of a possible war with Iraq.
- 2005North Korea announces that it possesses nuclear weapons.
Who were born on February 10?
- 1499Thomas Platter, Swiss humanist (d. 1582)
- 1847Nabinchandra Sen, famous Bengali poet (d. 1909)
- 1893Jimmy Durante, American actor and comedian (d. 1980)
- 1920Alex Comfort, British physician and writer (d. 2000)
- 1944Frances Moore Lappe, American writer and activist
- 1950Mark Spitz, American swimmer
- 1963Philip Glenister, English actor
- 1965Mario Jean, Quebec comedian and television actor
- 1976Lance Berkman, American baseball player
- 1979Ross Powers, American snowboarder
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.