February 11: Day of the Week
February 11, 2017 was the 42nd day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 323 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
February 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1752Pennsylvania Hospital, the first hospital in the United States, is opened by Benjamin Franklin.
- 1808Jesse Fell burns anthracite on an open grate as an experiment in heating homes with coal.
- 1855Kassa Hailu is crowned Tewodros II, Emperor of Ethiopia, by Abuna Salama III in a ceremony at the church of Derasge Maryam
- 1861American Civil War: United States House of Representatives unanimously passes a resolution guaranteeing noninterference with slavery in any state.
- 1903Anton Bruckner’s 9th Symphony receives its first performance in Vienna.
- 1919Friedrich Ebert (SPD), is elected President of Germany.
- 1953President Dwight Eisenhower refuses a clemency appeal for Ethel and Julius Rosenberg.
- 1953The Soviet Union breaks off diplomatic relations with Israel.
- 1975New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Rabbit in Chinese astrology.
- 1979Islamic revolution of Iran establishes an Islamic theocracy under the leadership of Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini.
Who were born on February 11?
- 1813Otto Ludwig, German writer and critic (d. 1865)
- 1833Melville Weston Fuller, American jurist and 8th Chief Justice of the United States (d. 1910)
- 1860Ellen Day Hale,American painter and printmaker (d. 1940)
- 1900Josei Toda, Japanese educator (d. 1958)
- 1908Philip Dunne, American screenwriter, director and producer (d. 1992)
- 1938Bevan Congdon, New Zealand cricketer
- 1967Ty Treadway, American actor
- 1980Matthew Lawrence, American actor
- 1981Kelly Rowland, American singer
- 1984Aubrey O'Day, American singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.