February 11: Day of the Week
February 11, 2017 was the 42nd day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 323 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! Are you ready to solve your biggest career problem? First, you need to find out what’s preventing you to move forward in your career. Unlock your potential for success with the Career Analysis report. Get a free sample – no obligation to buy! (Sponsored link)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. Use them to prosper in love, money, and career! Get your Aquarius horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
February 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1531Henry VIII of England is recognized as supreme head of the Church of England.
- 1843Giuseppe Verdi’s opera I Lombardi receives its first performance in Milan.
- 1889Meiji Constitution of Japan is adopted; the first Diet of Japan convenes in 1890.
- 1918New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Horse in Chinese astrology.
- 1938BBC Television produces the world’s first ever science fiction television program, an adaptation of a section of the Karel Capek play R.U.R., that coined the term “robot”.
- 1942The first gold record is presented to Glenn Miller for “Chattanooga Choo Choo”.
- 1953President Dwight Eisenhower refuses a clemency appeal for Ethel and Julius Rosenberg.
- 1964Greeks and Turks begin fighting in Limassol, Cyprus.
- 1987The Constitution of the Philippines goes into effect.
- 1990Nelson Mandela is released from Victor Verster Prison outside Cape Town, South Africa after 27 years as a political prisoner.
Who were born on February 11?
- 1377King Ladislaus of Naples (d. 1414)
- 1829The Rev. Samuel Lodge, English clergyman, author and headmaster (d. 1897)
- 1932Dennis Skinner, British politician
- 1947Derek Shulman, English musician
- 1959Bradley Cole, American actor
- 1962Eric Vanderaerden, Belgian cyclist
- 1974D'Angelo, American singer
- 1983Tony Curtis, American football player
- 1990Go Ara, South Korean actress (SM Entertainment)
- 1992Taylor Lautner, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.