February 12: Day of the Week
February 12, 2017 was the 43rd day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 322 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
February 12 Historical Event(s)
- 1554A year after claiming the throne of England for nine days, Lady Jane Grey is beheaded for treason.
- 1733Englishman James Oglethorpe founds Georgia, the 13th colony of the Thirteen Colonies, and its first city at Savannah (known as Georgia Day).
- 1825The Creek cede the last of their lands in Georgia to the United States government by the Treaty of Indian Springs, and migrate west.
- 1894Anarchist Émile Henry hurls a bomb into Paris’s Cafe Terminus, killing one and wounding 20.
- 1909The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) is founded.
- 1934The Austrian Civil War begins.
- 1994Four men break into the National Gallery of Norway and steal Edward Munch’s iconic painting The Scream.
- 2002New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Horse in Chinese astrology.
- 2002The trial of former President of Federal Republic of Yugoslavia Slobodan Milošević begins at the United Nations war crimes tribunal in The Hague. He dies four years later before its conclusion.
- 2004The city of San Francisco, California begins issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples in response to a directive from Mayor Gavin Newsom.
Who were born on February 12?
- 1704Charles Pinot Duclos, French writer (d. 1772)
- 1804Heinrich Lenz, German physicist (d. 1865)
- 1828George Meredith, English writer (d. 1909)
- 1885Julius Streicher, Nazi German publisher (d. 1946)
- 1893Omar Bradley, American general, the last surviving five-star general in the United States and the 1st Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (d. 1981)
- 1919Forrest Tucker, American actor (d. 1986)
- 1935Gene McDaniels, American singer
- 1954Joseph Jordania, Australian/Georgian evolutionary musicologist
- 1979Matt Mauck, American football player
- 1979Richard Barnwell, English footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.