February 12: Day of the Week
February 12, 2016 was the 43rd day of the year 2016 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 323 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kin'yōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
February 12 Historical Event(s)
- 1733Englishman James Oglethorpe founds Georgia, the 13th colony of the Thirteen Colonies, and its first city at Savannah (known as Georgia Day).
- 1851Edward Hargraves announces that he has found gold in Bathurst, New South Wales, Australia, starting the Australian gold rush.
- 1855Michigan State University is established.
- 1894Anarchist Émile Henry hurls a bomb into Paris’s Cafe Terminus, killing one and wounding 20.
- 1914In Washington, D.C., the first stone of the Lincoln Memorial is put into place.
- 1934The Austrian Civil War begins.
- 1946World War II: Operation Deadlight ends after scuttling 121 of 154 captured U-boats.
- 1956New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Monkey in Chinese astrology.
- 1968Phong Nhi and Phong Nhat massacre.
- 1992The current Constitution of Mongolia comes into effect.
Who were born on February 12?
- 1753François-Paul Brueys D'Aigalliers, French admiral (d. 1798)
- 1861Lou Andreas-Salome, Russian-born author (d. 1937)
- 1893Omar Bradley, American general, the last surviving five-star general in the United States and the 1st Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (d. 1981)
- 1909Sigmund Rascher, German SS doctor (d. 1945)
- 1919Forrest Tucker, American actor (d. 1986)
- 1934Anne Krueger, American economist
- 1954Joseph Jordania, Australian/Georgian evolutionary musicologist
- 1955Chet Lemon, American baseball player
- 1968Chynna Phillips, American singer
- 1978Silver Meikar, Estonian politician
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.