February 12: Day of the Week
February 12, 2017 was the 43rd day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 322 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
February 12 Historical Event(s)
- 1502Vasco da Gama sets sail from Lisbon, Portugal, on his second voyage to India.
- 1733Englishman James Oglethorpe founds Georgia, the 13th colony of the Thirteen Colonies, and its first city at Savannah (known as Georgia Day).
- 1934In Spain the national council of Juntas de Ofensiva Nacional-Sindicalista decides to merge the movement with the Falange Española.
- 1934The Austrian Civil War begins.
- 1974Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, winner of the Nobel Prize in literature in 1970, is exiled from the Soviet Union.
- 1990Carmen Lawrence becomes the first female Premier in Australian history when she becomes Premier of Western Australia.
- 1992The current Constitution of Mongolia comes into effect.
- 2001NEAR Shoemaker spacecraft touchdown in the “saddle” region of 433 Eros becoming the first spacecraft to land on an asteroid.
- 2002New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Horse in Chinese astrology.
- 2009Colgan Air Flight 3407 crashes into a house in Clarence Center, New York while on approach to Buffalo-Niagara International Airport, killing all on board and one on the ground.
Who were born on February 12?
- 1218Kujo Yoritsune, Japanese shogun (d. 1256)
- 1857Bobby Peel, English cricketer (d. 1943)
- 1893Omar Bradley, American general, the last surviving five-star general in the United States and the 1st Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (d. 1981)
- 1903Joseph F. Biroc, American cinematographer (d. 1996)
- 1936Joe Don Baker, American actor
- 1947Jim Durham, American sportscaster
- 1954Joseph Jordania, Australian/Georgian evolutionary musicologist
- 1964Michel Petit, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1969Meja, Swedish singer
- 1980Sarah Lancaster, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.