February 12: Day of the Week
February 12, 2017 was the 43rd day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 322 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get the Star Lovers Report and discover the secrets of a better relationship. Start to seize love opportunities in your life. Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention you can get a F-R-E-E sample? (Sponsored link)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. Use them to prosper in love, money, and career! Get your Aquarius horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
February 12 Historical Event(s)
- 1554A year after claiming the throne of England for nine days, Lady Jane Grey is beheaded for treason.
- 1816The Teatro di San Carlo, the oldest working opera house in Europe, is destroyed by fire.
- 1818Bernardo O'Higgins formally approved the Chilean Declaration of Independence near Concepción, Chile.
- 1909The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) is founded.
- 1914In Washington, D.C., the first stone of the Lincoln Memorial is put into place.
- 1946World War II: Operation Deadlight ends after scuttling 121 of 154 captured U-boats.
- 1956New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Monkey in Chinese astrology.
- 1968Phong Nhi and Phong Nhat massacre.
- 2002An Iran Air Tours Tupolev Tu-154 crashes in the mountains outside Khorramabad, Iran while descending for a landing at Khorramabad Airport, killing 119.
- 2002The trial of former President of Federal Republic of Yugoslavia Slobodan Milošević begins at the United Nations war crimes tribunal in The Hague. He dies four years later before its conclusion.
Who were born on February 12?
- 1753François-Paul Brueys D'Aigalliers, French admiral (d. 1798)
- 1777Bernard Courtois, French chemist (d. 1838)
- 1889Bhante Dharmawara, Cambodian monk and supercentenarian (d. 1999)
- 1930John Doyle, Irish hurler
- 1934Bill Russell, American basketball player
- 1937Charles Dumas, American athlete (d. 2004)
- 1954Tzimis Panousis, Greek musician and stand-up comedian
- 1968Chynna Phillips, American singer
- 1968Josh Brolin, American actor
- 1983Carlton Brewster, American football player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.