February 12: Day of the Week
February 12, 2016 was the 43rd day of the year 2016 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 323 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
February 12 Historical Event(s)
- 1771Gustav III becomes the King of Sweden.
- 1816The Teatro di San Carlo, the oldest working opera house in Europe, is destroyed by fire.
- 1825The Creek cede the last of their lands in Georgia to the United States government by the Treaty of Indian Springs, and migrate west.
- 1851Edward Hargraves announces that he has found gold in Bathurst, New South Wales, Australia, starting the Australian gold rush.
- 1909New Zealand’s worst maritime disaster of the 20th century happens when the SS Penguin, an inter-island ferry, sinks and explodes at the entrance to Wellington Harbour.
- 1934The Austrian Civil War begins.
- 1935USS Macon, one of the two largest helium-filled airships ever created, crashes into the Pacific Ocean off the coast of California and sinks.
- 1968Phong Nhi and Phong Nhat massacre.
- 1999President Bill Clinton is acquitted by the United States Senate in his impeachment trial.
- 2021New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Ox in Chinese astrology.
Who were born on February 12?
- 1768Francis II, Holy Roman Emperor (d. 1835)
- 1869Emperor Kien Phuc, the 7th emperor of the Vietnamese Nguyễn Dynasty (d. 1884)
- 1885Julius Streicher, Nazi German publisher (d. 1946)
- 1954Tzimis Panousis, Greek musician and stand-up comedian
- 1955Chet Lemon, American baseball player
- 1967Chitravina N. Ravikiran, Indian composer and musician
- 1968Christopher McCandless, American nomad, subject of biography Into the Wild (d. 1992)
- 1970Judd Winick, writer and artist
- 1971Scott Menville American voice actor
- 1982Anthony Tuitavake, New Zealand All Black rugby player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.