February 21: Day of the Week
February 21, 2016 was the 52nd day of the year 2016 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 314 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is dimanche.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
February 21: This Day in History
In addition, it’s the first day of the astronomical winter.
February 21 Historical Event(s)
- 1440The Prussian Confederation is formed.
- 1885The newly completed Washington Monument is dedicated.
- 1919Kurt Eisner, German socialist, is assassinated. His death results in the establishment of the Bavarian Soviet Republic and parliament and government fleeing Munich, Germany.
- 1925The New Yorker publishes its first issue.
- 1952“ভাষা আন্দোলন”, “Bengali Language Movement” occurred in East Pakistan(now Bangladesh).
- 1952The British government, under Winston Churchill, abolishes identity cards in the UK to “set the people free”.
- 1965Malcolm X is assassinated at the Audubon Ballroom in New York City by members of the Nation of Islam.
- 1972The Soviet unmanned spaceship Luna 20 lands on the Moon.
- 1975Watergate scandal: Former United States Attorney General John N. Mitchell and former White House aides H. R. Haldeman and John Ehrlichman are sentenced to prison.
- 2004The first European political party organization, the European Greens, is established in Rome.
Who were born on February 21?
- 1703Shah Waliullah, Islamic Scholar and Reformer (d. 1762)
- 1705Edward Hawke, 1st Baron Hawke, British naval officer (d. 1781)
- 1821Charles Scribner I, American publisher (d. 1871)
- 1925Sam Peckinpah, American director (d. 1984)
- 1935Mark McManus, Scottish actor (d. 1994)
- 1969James Dean Bradfield, Welsh musician
- 1975Wish Bone, American rapper (Bone Thugs-N-Harmony)
- 1978Park Eun-hye, South Korean actress
- 1984David Odonkor, German footballer
- 1985Jarrod Atkinson, Australian rules footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.