February 25: Day of the Week
February 25, 2017 was the 56th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 309 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
February 25 Historical Event(s)
- 1570Pope Pius V excommunicates Queen Elizabeth I of England.
- 1901J. P. Morgan incorporates the United States Steel Corporation.
- 1912Marie-Adélaïde, the eldest of six daughters of Guillaume IV, becomes the first reigning Grand Duchess of Luxembourg.
- 1928Charles Jenkins Laboratories of Washington, D.C. becomes the first holder of a television license from the Federal Radio Commission.
- 1941February Strike: In occupied Amsterdam, a general strike is declared in response to increasing anti-Jewish measures instituted by the Nazis.
- 1945World War II: Turkey declares war on Germany.
- 1956In his speech On the Personality Cult and its Consequences Nikita Khrushchev, leader of the Soviet Union denounces the cult of personality of Joseph Stalin.
- 1964North Korean Prime Minister Kim Il-sung calls for the removal of feudalistic land ownership aimed at turning all cooperative farms into state-run ones.
- 1971The first unit of the Pickering Nuclear Generating Station, the first commercial nuclear power station in Canada, goes online.
- 1991Gulf War: An Iraqi scud missile hits an American military barracks in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia killing 28 U.S. Army Reservists from Pennsylvania.
Who were born on February 25?
- 1591Friedrich von Spee, German writer (d. 1635)
- 1908Frank G. Slaughter, American novelist (d. 2001)
- 1913Jim Backus, American actor (d. 1989)
- 1919Monte Irvin, American baseball player
- 1947Doug Yule, American bass guitarist (The Velvet Underground)
- 1952Joey Dunlop, Irish motorcycle racer (d. 2000)
- 1954Gerardo Pelusso, Uruguayan football manager
- 1963Paul O'Neill, American baseball player
- 1973Anson Mount, American actor
- 1982Jamie Lynn, American pornographic actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.