February 25: Day of the Week
February 25, 2016 was the 56th day of the year 2016 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 310 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
February 25 Historical Event(s)
- 138The Emperor Hadrian adopts Antoninus Pius, effectively making him his successor.
- 1797Colonel William Tate and his force of 1000-1500 soldiers surrender after the Last Invasion of Britain.
- 1866Miners in Calaveras County, California, discover what is now called the Calaveras Skull, human remains that supposedly indicated that man, mastodons, and elephants had co-existed.
- 1919Oregon places a 1 cent per U.S. gallon tax on gasoline, becoming the first U.S. state to levy a gasoline tax.
- 1933The USS Ranger is launched. It is the first US Navy ship to be built solely as an aircraft carrier.
- 1941February Strike: In occupied Amsterdam, a general strike is declared in response to increasing anti-Jewish measures instituted by the Nazis.
- 1947The State of Prussia ceases to exist.
- 1951The first Pan American Games are held in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- 1971The first unit of the Pickering Nuclear Generating Station, the first commercial nuclear power station in Canada, goes online.
- 1992Khojaly massacre: about 613 civilians are killed by Armenian armed forces during the conflict in Nagorno-Karabakh region of Azerbaijan
Who were born on February 25?
- 1908Frank G. Slaughter, American novelist (d. 2001)
- 1918Barney Ewell, American athlete (d. 1996)
- 1919Karl H. Pribram, Austrian neuroscientist
- 1937Tom Courtenay, English actor
- 1951James Brown, American sportscaster
- 1964Luigi Troiani, Italian rugby player
- 1966Nancy O'Dell, American television personality
- 1980Antonio Burks, American basketball player
- 1982Chris Baird, Irish footballer
- 1986James Starks, American football player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.