February 25: Day of the Week
February 25, 2017 is the 56th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 309 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is samedi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
February 25 Historical Event(s)
- 1797Colonel William Tate and his force of 1000-1500 soldiers surrender after the Last Invasion of Britain.
- 1866Miners in Calaveras County, California, discover what is now called the Calaveras Skull, human remains that supposedly indicated that man, mastodons, and elephants had co-existed.
- 1912Marie-Adélaïde, the eldest of six daughters of Guillaume IV, becomes the first reigning Grand Duchess of Luxembourg.
- 1932Adolf Hitler obtains German citizenship by naturalization, which allows him to run in the 1932 election for Reichspräsident.
- 1941February Strike: In occupied Amsterdam, a general strike is declared in response to increasing anti-Jewish measures instituted by the Nazis.
- 1945World War II: Turkey declares war on Germany.
- 1947The State of Prussia ceases to exist.
- 1948The Communist Party takes control of government in Czechoslovakia and the period of the Third Republic ends.
- 1980The Suriname government is overthrown by a military coup which is initiated with the bombing of the police station from an army ship off the coast of the nation’s capital, Paramaribo
- 2009BDR massacre in Pilkhana, Dhaka, Bangladesh. 74 people are killed, including more than 50 army officials, by Bangladeshi Border Guards inside its headquarters.
Who were born on February 25?
- 1692Karl Ludwig, Freiherr von Pöllnitz, German adventurer and writer (d. 1775)
- 1889Homer S. Ferguson, American politician (d. 1982)
- 1918Rena Kyriakou, Greek pianist (d. 1994)
- 1929Tommy Newsom, American bandleader (d. 2007)
- 1937Bob Schieffer, American broadcast journalist
- 1940Ron Santo, American baseball player and broadcaster (d. 2010)
- 1966Samson Kitur, Kenyan athlete (d. 2003)
- 1976Samaki Walker, American basketball player
- 1977Sarah Jezebel Deva, English singer
- 1997Isabelle Fuhrman, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.