February 25: Day of the Week
February 25, 2016 was the 56th day of the year 2016 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 310 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Mokuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
February 25 Historical Event(s)
- 1570Pope Pius V excommunicates Queen Elizabeth I of England.
- 1870Hiram Rhodes Revels, a Republican from Mississippi, is sworn into the United States Senate, becoming the first African American ever to sit in the U.S. Congress.
- 1901J. P. Morgan incorporates the United States Steel Corporation.
- 1919Oregon places a 1 cent per U.S. gallon tax on gasoline, becoming the first U.S. state to levy a gasoline tax.
- 1928Charles Jenkins Laboratories of Washington, D.C. becomes the first holder of a television license from the Federal Radio Commission.
- 1932Adolf Hitler obtains German citizenship by naturalization, which allows him to run in the 1932 election for Reichspräsident.
- 1951The first Pan American Games are held in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- 1964U.S. Air Force launches a satellite employing a US Air Force Atlas/Agena combination from Point Arguello (LC-2-3) in California and from Cape Kennedy in Florida.
- 1980The Suriname government is overthrown by a military coup which is initiated with the bombing of the police station from an army ship off the coast of the nation’s capital, Paramaribo
- 1991Gulf War: An Iraqi scud missile hits an American military barracks in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia killing 28 U.S. Army Reservists from Pennsylvania.
Who were born on February 25?
- 1752John Graves Simcoe, British territorial lieutenant governor of Upper Canada (d. 1806)
- 1860Sir William Ashley, British economic historian (d. 1927)
- 1920Gérard Bessette, Canadian author (d. 2005)
- 1937Barbara Piasecka Johnson, widow of John Seward Johnson I
- 1949Amin Maalouf, Lebanese writer
- 1950Emitt Rhodes, American singer/songwriter
- 1977Horace Mui, Chinese vocalist
- 1980Christy Knowings, American actress
- 1983Eduardo da Silva, Brazilian-born Croatian footballer
- 1988Jimmy Monaghan, Irish musician
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.