February 25: Day of the Week
February 25, 2015 was the 56th day of the year 2015 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 309 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
February 25 Historical Event(s)
- 1901J. P. Morgan incorporates the United States Steel Corporation.
- 1912Marie-Adélaïde, the eldest of six daughters of Guillaume IV, becomes the first reigning Grand Duchess of Luxembourg.
- 1928Charles Jenkins Laboratories of Washington, D.C. becomes the first holder of a television license from the Federal Radio Commission.
- 1941February Strike: In occupied Amsterdam, a general strike is declared in response to increasing anti-Jewish measures instituted by the Nazis.
- 1948The Communist Party takes control of government in Czechoslovakia and the period of the Third Republic ends.
- 1964North Korean Prime Minister Kim Il-sung calls for the removal of feudalistic land ownership aimed at turning all cooperative farms into state-run ones.
- 1964U.S. Air Force launches a satellite employing a US Air Force Atlas/Agena combination from Point Arguello (LC-2-3) in California and from Cape Kennedy in Florida.
- 1994Mosque of Abraham massacre: In the Cave of the Patriarchs in the West Bank city of Hebron, Baruch Goldstein opens fire with an automatic rifle, killing 29 Palestinian worshippers and injuring 125 more before being subdued and beaten to death by survivors.
- 2009BDR massacre in Pilkhana, Dhaka, Bangladesh. 74 people are killed, including more than 50 army officials, by Bangladeshi Border Guards inside its headquarters.
- 2011In the Irish general election, the Fianna Fáil-led government suffered the worst defeat of a sitting government since the formation of the Irish state in 1921.
Who were born on February 25?
- 1591Friedrich von Spee, German writer (d. 1635)
- 1919Monte Irvin, American baseball player
- 1934Bernard Bresslaw, English actor (d. 1993)
- 1940Billy Packer, American sports broadcaster
- 1950Néstor Kirchner, Argentine politician (d. 2010)
- 1954John Doe, American musician
- 1963Joseph E. Duncan III, American convicted serial killer and sex offender
- 1966Nancy O'Dell, American television personality
- 1982Tara Wilson, Canadian actress
- 1987Andrew Poje, Canadian figure skater
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.