February 4: Day of the Week
February 4, 2017 was the 35th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 330 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
February 4 Historical Event(s)
- 211Roman Emperor Septimius Severus dies at Eboracum (modern York, England) while preparing to lead a campaign against the Caledonians.He leaves the empire in the control of his two quarrelling sons.
- 1454In the Thirteen Years’ War, the Secret Council of the Prussian Confederation sends a formal act of disobedience to the Grand Master.
- 1861American Civil War: In Montgomery, Alabama, delegates from six break-away U.S. states meet and form the Confederate States of America.
- 1948Ceylon (later renamed Sri Lanka) becomes independent within the British Commonwealth.
- 1969Yasser Arafat takes over as chairman of the Palestine Liberation Organization.
- 1974The Symbionese Liberation Army kidnaps Patty Hearst in Berkeley, California.
- 1975Haicheng earthquake (magnitude 7.3 on the Richter scale) occurs in Haicheng, Liaoning, China.
- 1977A Chicago Transit Authority elevated train rear-ends another and derails, killing 11 and injuring 180, the worst accident in the agency’s history.
- 1992New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Monkey in Chinese astrology.
- 1999Unarmed West African immigrant Amadou Diallo is shot dead by four plainclothes New York City police officers on an unrelated stake-out, inflaming race-relations in the city.
Who were born on February 4?
- 1740Carl Michael Bellman, Swedish poet and composer (d. 1795)
- 1808Josef Kajetán Tyl, Czech playwright, author of the Czech national anthem (d. 1856)
- 1914Alfred Andersch, German writer (d. 1980)
- 1918Luigi Pareyson, Italian philosopher (d. 1991)
- 1924Janet Waldo, American Actress
- 1936Gary Conway, American actor
- 1943Alberto João Jardim, Portuguese president of the regional government of Madeira
- 1957Evan Wolfson, American attorney and activist
- 1959Lawrence Taylor, American football player
- 1975Thomas Tebbich, Austrian decathlete
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.