February 4: Day of the Week
February 4, 2017 was the 35th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 330 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your career today? Get the Career Analysis Report and get insights about your professional working life. Find out the circumstances that shape your professional life to improve your earning power. Start to seize career opportunities today! (Sponsored link)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. Use them to prosper in love, money, and career! Get your Aquarius horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
February 4 Historical Event(s)
- 960The coronation of Zhao Kuangyin as Emperor Taizu of Song, initiating the Song Dynasty period of China that would last more than three centuries.
- 1454In the Thirteen Years’ War, the Secret Council of the Prussian Confederation sends a formal act of disobedience to the Grand Master.
- 1789George Washington is unanimously elected as the first President of the United States by the U.S. Electoral College.
- 1801John Marshall is sworn in as Chief Justice of the United States.
- 1916New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Dragon in Chinese astrology.
- 1932Second Sino-Japanese War: Harbin, Manchuria, falls to Japan.
- 1966All Nippon Airways Flight 60 plunges into Tokyo Bay, killing 133.
- 1976In Guatemala and Honduras an earthquake kills more than 22,000.
- 2000German extortionist Klaus-Peter Sabotta is jailed for life for attempted murder and extortion in connection with the sabotage of German railway lines.
- 2010The Federal Court of Australia’s ruling in Roadshow Films v iiNet sets a precedent that Internet service providers (ISPs) are not responsible for what their users do with the services the ISPs provide them.
Who were born on February 4?
- 1688Pierre de Marivaux, French writer (d. 1763)
- 1873Étienne Desmarteau, Canadian athlete (d. 1905)
- 1892Andreu Nin, Catalan politician (d. 1937)
- 1905Hylda Baker, English comedy actress (d. 1986)
- 1915Sir Norman Wisdom, English actor and comedian (d. 2010)
- 1936David Brenner, American comedian
- 1940George A. Romero, American director, screenwriter and producer
- 1943Ken Thompson, American computer scientist
- 1966Kyōko Koizumi, Japanese actress and singer
- 1972Dara Ó Briain, Irish comedian
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.