February 4: Day of the Week
February 4, 2016 was the 35th day of the year 2016 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 331 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Mokuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
February 4 Historical Event(s)
- 960The coronation of Zhao Kuangyin as Emperor Taizu of Song, initiating the Song Dynasty period of China that would last more than three centuries.
- 1861American Civil War: In Montgomery, Alabama, delegates from six break-away U.S. states meet and form the Confederate States of America.
- 1905New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Snake in Chinese astrology.
- 1945World War II: The British Indian Army and Imperial Japanese Army begin a series of battles known as the Battle of Pokoku and Irrawaddy River operations.
- 1945World War II: The Yalta Conference between the “Big Three” (Churchill, Roosevelt, and Stalin) opens at the Livadia Palace in the Crimea.
- 1976In Guatemala and Honduras an earthquake kills more than 22,000.
- 1977A Chicago Transit Authority elevated train rear-ends another and derails, killing 11 and injuring 180, the worst accident in the agency’s history.
- 2002Cancer Research UK, the world’s largest independent cancer research charity, is founded.
- 2004Facebook, a mainstream online social network is founded by Mark Zuckerberg.
- 2010The Federal Court of Australia’s ruling in Roadshow Films v iiNet sets a precedent that Internet service providers (ISPs) are not responsible for what their users do with the services the ISPs provide them.
Who were born on February 4?
- 1505Nicolaus Rey, Polish poet (d. 1580)
- 1677Johann Ludwig Bach, German composer (d. 1731)
- 1808Josef Kajetán Tyl, Czech playwright, author of the Czech national anthem (d. 1856)
- 1875Ludwig Prandtl, German physicist (d. 1953)
- 1949Michael Beck, American actor
- 1962Alfred Twardecki, Polish historian
- 1962Clint Black, American musician
- 1971Rob Corddry, American actor and comedian
- 1974Urmila Matondkar, Indian actress
- 1982Chris Sabin, American professional wrestler
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.