February 4: Day of the Week
February 4, 2015 was the 35th day of the year 2015 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 330 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
February 4 Historical Event(s)
- 1801John Marshall is sworn in as Chief Justice of the United States.
- 1820The Chilean Navy under the command of Lord Cochrane completes the 2 day long Capture of Valdivia with just 300 men and 2 ships.
- 1861American Civil War: In Montgomery, Alabama, delegates from six break-away U.S. states meet and form the Confederate States of America.
- 1935New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Pig in Chinese astrology.
- 1936Radium becomes the first radioactive element to be made synthetically.
- 1941The United Service Organization (USO) is created to entertain American troops.
- 1945World War II: The Yalta Conference between the “Big Three” (Churchill, Roosevelt, and Stalin) opens at the Livadia Palace in the Crimea.
- 1969Yasser Arafat takes over as chairman of the Palestine Liberation Organization.
- 1974The Symbionese Liberation Army kidnaps Patty Hearst in Berkeley, California.
- 2003The Federal Republic of Yugoslavia is officially renamed to Serbia and Montenegro and adopts a new constitution.
Who were born on February 4?
- 1808Josef Kajetán Tyl, Czech playwright, author of the Czech national anthem (d. 1856)
- 1848Jean Aicard, French poet (d. 1921)
- 1871Friedrich Ebert, German politician, 1st Reichspräsident of the Weimar Republic (d. 1925)
- 1891Madabhushi Ananthasayanam Ayyangar, Speaker of Lok Sabha (d. 1978)
- 1892E. J. Pratt, Canadian poet (d. 1964)
- 1896Friedrich Hund, German physicist (d. 1997)
- 1906Dietrich Bonhoeffer, German theologian (d. 1945)
- 1925Gerald Sim, English actor
- 1936Gary Conway, American actor
- 1952Li Yinhe, Chinese sexologist
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.