February 4: Day of the Week
February 4, 2017 was the 35th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 330 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is samedi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. Use them to prosper in love, money, and career! Get your Aquarius horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
February 4 Historical Event(s)
- 211Roman Emperor Septimius Severus dies at Eboracum (modern York, England) while preparing to lead a campaign against the Caledonians.He leaves the empire in the control of his two quarrelling sons.
- 1794The French legislature abolishes slavery throughout all territories of the French Republic.
- 1899The Philippine-American War begins.
- 1935New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Pig in Chinese astrology.
- 1945World War II: The Yalta Conference between the “Big Three” (Churchill, Roosevelt, and Stalin) opens at the Livadia Palace in the Crimea.
- 1975Haicheng earthquake (magnitude 7.3 on the Richter scale) occurs in Haicheng, Liaoning, China.
- 1992A Coup d'état is led by Hugo Chávez Frías, against Venezuelan President Carlos Andrés Pérez.
- 2000German extortionist Klaus-Peter Sabotta is jailed for life for attempted murder and extortion in connection with the sabotage of German railway lines.
- 2003The Federal Republic of Yugoslavia is officially renamed to Serbia and Montenegro and adopts a new constitution.
- 2010The Federal Court of Australia’s ruling in Roadshow Films v iiNet sets a precedent that Internet service providers (ISPs) are not responsible for what their users do with the services the ISPs provide them.
Who were born on February 4?
- 1725Dru Drury, English entomologist (d. 1804)
- 1872Gotse Delchev, a great Bulgarian revolutionary, (d. 1903)
- 1877Eddie Cochems, Father of the Forward Pass in American football (d. 1953)
- 1924Janet Waldo, American Actress
- 1929Jerry Adler, American actor
- 1936David Brenner, American comedian
- 1951Dariush Eghbali, Iranian singer and musician
- 1969Dallas Drake, ice hockey player
- 1982Tomas Vaitkus, Lithuanian professional road racing cyclist
- 1988Carly Patterson, American gymnast
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.