February 5: Day of the Week
February 5, 2016 was the 36th day of the year 2016 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 330 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kin'yōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
February 5 Historical Event(s)
- 1576Henry of Navarre abjures Catholicism at Tours and rejoins the Protestant forces in the French Wars of Religion.
- 1778South Carolina becomes the first state to ratify the Articles of Confederation.
- 1818Jean-Baptiste Bernadotte ascends to the thrones of Sweden and Norway.
- 1885King Leopold II of Belgium establishes the Congo as a personal possession.
- 1913Greek military aviators, Michael Moutoussis and Aristeidis Moraitinis perform the first naval air mission in history, with a Farman MF.7 hydroplane.
- 1941World War II: Allied forces begin the Battle of Keren to capture Keren, Eritrea.
- 1943New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Sheep in Chinese astrology.
- 1945World War II: General Douglas MacArthur returns to Manila.
- 1946The Chondoist Chongu Party is founded in North Korea.
- 1963The European Court of Justice’s ruling in Van Gend en Loos v Nederlandse Administratie der Belastingen establishes the principle of direct effect, one of the most important, if not the most important, decisions in the development of European Union law.
Who were born on February 5?
- 1929Luc Ferrari, French composer (d. 2005)
- 1951Russell Grant, British astrologer
- 1953John Beilein, American basketball coach
- 1963Steven Shainberg, American film director
- 1964Duff McKagan, American musician (Guns N' Roses)
- 1968Nir Kabaretti, Israeli conductor
- 1976Brian Moorman, American football player
- 1978Brian Russell, American football player
- 1978Shawn Reaves, American actor
- 1987Linus Omark, Swedish ice hockey player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.