February 5: Day of the Week
February 5, 2017 is the 36th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 329 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
February 5 Historical Event(s)
- 1810Peninsular War: Siege of Cádiz begins.
- 1859Wallachia and Moldavia are united under Alexander John Cuza as the United Principalities, an autonomous region within the Ottoman Empire, which ushered the birth of the modern Romanian state.
- 1900The United States and the United Kingdom sign a treaty for the Panama Canal
- 1918SS Tuscania (1914) is torpedoed off the coast of Ireland; it is the first ship carrying American troops to Europe to be torpedoed and sunk.
- 1919Charlie Chaplin, Mary Pickford, Douglas Fairbanks, and D.W. Griffith launch United Artists.
- 1924The Royal Greenwich Observatory begins broadcasting the hourly time signals known as the Greenwich Time Signal or the “BBC pips”.
- 1939Generalísimo Francisco Franco becomes the 68th “Caudillo de España”, or Leader of Spain.
- 1981New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Rooster in Chinese astrology.
- 1994Byron De La Beckwith is convicted of the 1963 murder of civil rights leader Medgar Evers.
- 2000Russian forces massacre at least 60 civilians in the Novye Aldi suburb of Grozny, Chechnya.
Who were born on February 5?
- 1589Esteban Manuel de Villegas, Spanish poet (d. 1669)
- 1934Hank Aaron. American baseball player
- 1946Charlotte Rampling, British actress
- 1972Mary, Crown Princess of Denmark
- 1976John Aloisi, Australian soccer player
- 1980Robin Vik, Czech tennis player
- 1982Aidin Nikkhah Bahrami, Iranian basketball player (d. 2007)
- 1982Rodrigo Palacio, Argentine footballer
- 1987Linus Omark, Swedish ice hockey player
- 1992Neymar, Brazilian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.