February 5: Day of the Week
February 5, 2016 was the 36th day of the year 2016 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 330 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
February 5 Historical Event(s)
- 1576Henry of Navarre abjures Catholicism at Tours and rejoins the Protestant forces in the French Wars of Religion.
- 1631Roger Williams emigrates to Boston.
- 1818Jean-Baptiste Bernadotte ascends to the thrones of Sweden and Norway.
- 1859Wallachia and Moldavia are united under Alexander John Cuza as the United Principalities, an autonomous region within the Ottoman Empire, which ushered the birth of the modern Romanian state.
- 1919Charlie Chaplin, Mary Pickford, Douglas Fairbanks, and D.W. Griffith launch United Artists.
- 1937President Franklin D. Roosevelt proposes a plan to enlarge the Supreme Court of the United States.
- 1976The 1976 swine flu outbreak begins at Fort Dix, NJ.
- 1988Manuel Noriega is indicted on drug smuggling and money laundering charges.
- 2008A major tornado outbreak across the Southern United States leaves 57 dead, the most since the May 31, 1985 outbreak that killed 88.
- 2019New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Pig in Chinese astrology.
Who were born on February 5?
- 1626Marie de Rabutin-Chantal, marquise de Sévigné, French author (d. 1696)
- 1900Adlai Stevenson, American politician, 31st Governor of Illinois (d. 1965)
- 1922Alain de Changy, Belgian racing driver (d. 1994)
- 1932Cesare Maldini, Italian footballer and manager
- 1953Takashi Ishikawa, Japanese sumo and professional wrestler
- 1965Keith Moseley, American musician (The String Cheese Incident)
- 1968Roberto Alomar, Puerto Rican baseball player
- 1976Abhishek Bachchan, Indian actor
- 1980Robin Vik, Czech tennis player
- 1991Alba Riquelme, Paraguayan model
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.