February 7: Day of the Week
February 7, 2016 was the 38th day of the year 2016 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 328 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
February 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1074Pandulf IV of Benevento is killed battling the invading Normans at the Battle of Montesarchio.
- 1497The bonfire of the vanities occurs in which supporters of Girolamo Savonarola burn thousands of objects like cosmetics, art, and books in Florence, Italy.
- 1812The strongest in a series of earthquakes strikes New Madrid, Missouri.
- 1856The Kingdom of Awadh is annexed by the British East India Company and Wajid Ali Shah, the king of Awadh, is imprisoned and later exiled to Calcutta.
- 1898Émile Zola is brought to trial for libel for publishing J'Accuse.
- 1907The Mud March is the first large procession organized by the National Union of Women’s Suffrage Societies (NUWSS).
- 1935The classic board game Monopoly is invented.
- 1940The second full length animated Walt Disney film, Pinocchio, premieres.
- 1995Ramzi Yousef, the mastermind of the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, is arrested in Islamabad, Pakistan.
- 1997New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Ox in Chinese astrology.
Who were born on February 7?
- 1878Ossip Gabrilowitsch, Russian-American pianist and conductor (d. 1936)
- 1891Ann Little, American actress (d. 1984)
- 1905Ulf von Euler, Swedish physiologist, Nobel Prize Laureate (d. 1983)
- 1908Buster Crabbe, American swimmer and actor (d. 1983)
- 1926John Frank Davidson, British chemical engineer and Royal Medal holder
- 1934Eddie Fenech Adami, Maltese politician, Prime Minister (1987-1996, 1998-2004); President (2004-2009)
- 1945Ian Jack, Scottish journalist
- 1954Brian Morton, Scottish writer
- 1987Joe Cardle, British footballer
- 1989Louisa Lytton, British actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.