February 7: Day of the Week
February 7, 2016 was the 38th day of the year 2016 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 328 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
February 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1074Pandulf IV of Benevento is killed battling the invading Normans at the Battle of Montesarchio.
- 1301Edward of Caernarvon (later King Edward II of England) becomes the first English Prince of Wales.
- 1795The 11th Amendment to the United States Constitution is ratified.
- 1819Sir Thomas Stamford Raffles leaves Singapore after just taking it over, leaving it in the hands of William Farquhar.
- 1856The Kingdom of Awadh is annexed by the British East India Company and Wajid Ali Shah, the king of Awadh, is imprisoned and later exiled to Calcutta.
- 1904A fire in Baltimore, Maryland destroys over 1,500 buildings in 30 hours.
- 1940The second full length animated Walt Disney film, Pinocchio, premieres.
- 1986Twenty-eight years of one-family rule end in Haiti, when President Jean-Claude Duvalier flees the Caribbean nation.
- 1992The Maastricht Treaty is signed, leading to the creation of the European Union.
- 1997New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Ox in Chinese astrology.
Who were born on February 7?
- 1912Roberta McCain, mother of John McCain
- 1914Ramón Mercader, Spanish assassin of Leon Trotsky (d. 1978)
- 1952Vasco Rossi, Italian singer
- 1958Matt Ridley, British scientist and science writer
- 1964Ray Mears, British survival expert and TV presenter
- 1971Anita Tsoy, Russian singer of Korean descent
- 1973Irina Björklund, Finnish actress
- 1974Nujabes, Japanese hip hop producer (d. 2010)
- 1982Mickael Pietrus, French-born basketball player
- 1996Mai Hagiwara, Japanese singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.