February 7: Day of the Week
February 7, 2017 was the 38th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 327 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mardi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
February 7 Historical Event(s)
- 457Leo I becomes emperor of the Byzantine Empire.
- 1863HMS Orpheus sinks off the coast of Auckland, New Zealand, killing 189.
- 1900Second Boer War: British troops fail in their third attempt to lift the Siege of Ladysmith.
- 1935The classic board game Monopoly is invented.
- 1944World War II: In Anzio, Italy, German forces launch a counteroffensive during the Allied Operation Shingle.
- 1962The United States bans all Cuban imports and exports.
- 1984Space Shuttle program: STS-41-B Mission – Astronauts Bruce McCandless II and Robert L. Stewart make the first untethered space walk using the Manned Maneuvering Unit (MMU).
- 1992The Maastricht Treaty is signed, leading to the creation of the European Union.
- 1995Ramzi Yousef, the mastermind of the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, is arrested in Islamabad, Pakistan.
- 2008New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Rat in Chinese astrology.
Who were born on February 7?
- 1693Empress Anna of Russia (d. 1740)
- 1905Paul Nizan, French author (d. 1940)
- 1914Ramón Mercader, Spanish assassin of Leon Trotsky (d. 1978)
- 1927Vladimir Kuts, Russian runner (d. 1975)
- 1955Rolf Benirschke, American football player
- 1968Peter Bondra, Slovak ice hockey player
- 1969Adriano, Brazilian footballer
- 1971Anita Tsoy, Russian singer of Korean descent
- 1990Neil Etheridge, English–Filipino footballer
- 1992Maimi Yajima, Japanese singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.