February 7: Day of the Week
February 7, 2017 was the 38th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 327 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mardi.
Hey! Are you ready to solve your biggest career problem? First, you need to find out what’s preventing you to move forward in your career. Unlock your potential for success with the Career Analysis report. Get a free sample – no obligation to buy! (Sponsored link)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. Use them to prosper in love, money, and career! Get your Aquarius horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
February 7 Historical Event(s)
- 457Leo I becomes emperor of the Byzantine Empire.
- 1497The bonfire of the vanities occurs in which supporters of Girolamo Savonarola burn thousands of objects like cosmetics, art, and books in Florence, Italy.
- 1807Napoleonic Wars: Battle of Eylau – Napoléon’s French Empire begins fighting against Russian and Prussian forces of the Fourth Coalition at Eylau, Poland.
- 1819Sir Thomas Stamford Raffles leaves Singapore after just taking it over, leaving it in the hands of William Farquhar.
- 1907The Mud March is the first large procession organized by the National Union of Women’s Suffrage Societies (NUWSS).
- 1935The classic board game Monopoly is invented.
- 1948Neil Harvey becomes the youngest Australian to score a century in Test cricket.
- 1978New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Horse in Chinese astrology.
- 1986Twenty-eight years of one-family rule end in Haiti, when President Jean-Claude Duvalier flees the Caribbean nation.
- 1990Dissolution of the Soviet Union: The Central Committee of the Soviet Communist Party agrees to give up its monopoly on power.
Who were born on February 7?
- 1885Sinclair Lewis, American writer, Nobel Prize Laureate (d. 1951)
- 1886Yehezkel Abramsky, Russian-born rabbi, head of the London Beth Din for 17 years (d. 1976)
- 1891Ann Little, American actress (d. 1984)
- 1895Anita Stewart, American film actress (d. 1961)
- 1909Hélder Câmara, Roman Catholic archbishop (d. 1999)
- 1932Gay Talese, American author
- 1934Earl King, American musician (d. 2003)
- 1966Kristin Otto, German swimmer
- 1977Tsuneyasu Miyamoto, Japanese footballer
- 1986Pippa Wilson, British professional sailor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.