February 7: Day of the Week
February 7, 2016 was the 38th day of the year 2016 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 328 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
February 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1783American Revolutionary War: French and Spanish forces lift the Great Siege of Gibraltar.
- 1795The 11th Amendment to the United States Constitution is ratified.
- 1819Sir Thomas Stamford Raffles leaves Singapore after just taking it over, leaving it in the hands of William Farquhar.
- 1842Battle of Debre Tabor: Ras Ali Alula, Regent of the Emperor of Ethiopia defeats warlord Wube Haile Maryam of Semien.
- 1863HMS Orpheus sinks off the coast of Auckland, New Zealand, killing 189.
- 1904A fire in Baltimore, Maryland destroys over 1,500 buildings in 30 hours.
- 1935The classic board game Monopoly is invented.
- 1943Imperial Japanese naval forces complete the evacuation of Imperial Japanese Army troops from Guadalcanal during Operation Ke, ending Japanese attempts to retake the island from Allied forces in the Guadalcanal Campaign.
- 1948Neil Harvey becomes the youngest Australian to score a century in Test cricket.
- 1997New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Ox in Chinese astrology.
Who were born on February 7?
- 1878Ossip Gabrilowitsch, Russian-American pianist and conductor (d. 1936)
- 1898Dock Boggs, American musician (d. 1971)
- 1946Hector Babenco, Brazilian film director
- 1952Vasco Rossi, Italian singer
- 1960Robert Smigel, American actor and Comedian
- 1964Ashok Banker, Indian novelist
- 1966Kristin Otto, German swimmer
- 1974J Dilla, American record producer (d. 2006)
- 1975Alexandre Daigle, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1988Lee Don-Ku, South Korean ice hockey defenceman player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.