February 7: Day of the Week
February 7, 2017 is the 38th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 327 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
February 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1301Edward of Caernarvon (later King Edward II of England) becomes the first English Prince of Wales.
- 1842Battle of Debre Tabor: Ras Ali Alula, Regent of the Emperor of Ethiopia defeats warlord Wube Haile Maryam of Semien.
- 1856The colonial Tasmanian Parliament passes the second piece of legislation (the Electoral Act of 1856) anywhere in the world providing for elections by way of a secret ballot.
- 1863HMS Orpheus sinks off the coast of Auckland, New Zealand, killing 189.
- 1907The Mud March is the first large procession organized by the National Union of Women’s Suffrage Societies (NUWSS).
- 1940The second full length animated Walt Disney film, Pinocchio, premieres.
- 1948Neil Harvey becomes the youngest Australian to score a century in Test cricket.
- 1984Space Shuttle program: STS-41-B Mission – Astronauts Bruce McCandless II and Robert L. Stewart make the first untethered space walk using the Manned Maneuvering Unit (MMU).
- 1986Twenty-eight years of one-family rule end in Haiti, when President Jean-Claude Duvalier flees the Caribbean nation.
- 1997New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Ox in Chinese astrology.
Who were born on February 7?
- 1891Ann Little, American actress (d. 1984)
- 1905Ulf von Euler, Swedish physiologist, Nobel Prize Laureate (d. 1983)
- 1946Pete Postlethwaite, English actor (d. 2011)
- 1954Dieter Bohlen German composer
- 1958Matt Ridley, British scientist and science writer
- 1968Sully Erna, American singer (Godsmack)
- 1977Georgios Alexopoulos, Greek soccer player
- 1977Mariusz Pudzianowski, Polish strongman competitor
- 1983Teshome Getu, Ethiopian soccer player
- 1985Devis Nossa, Italian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.