February 7: Day of the Week
February 7, 2016 was the 38th day of the year 2016 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 328 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is dimanche.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
February 7 Historical Event(s)
- 457Leo I becomes emperor of the Byzantine Empire.
- 1783American Revolutionary War: French and Spanish forces lift the Great Siege of Gibraltar.
- 1812The strongest in a series of earthquakes strikes New Madrid, Missouri.
- 1907The Mud March is the first large procession organized by the National Union of Women’s Suffrage Societies (NUWSS).
- 1979Pluto moves inside Neptune’s orbit for the first time since either was discovered.
- 1984Space Shuttle program: STS-41-B Mission – Astronauts Bruce McCandless II and Robert L. Stewart make the first untethered space walk using the Manned Maneuvering Unit (MMU).
- 1986Twenty-eight years of one-family rule end in Haiti, when President Jean-Claude Duvalier flees the Caribbean nation.
- 1995Ramzi Yousef, the mastermind of the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, is arrested in Islamabad, Pakistan.
- 1999Crown Prince Abdullah becomes the King of Jordan on the death of his father, King Hussein.
- 2008New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Rat in Chinese astrology.
Who were born on February 7?
- 1478Sir Thomas More, English statesman, humanist and author (d. 1535)
- 1612Thomas Killigrew, English dramatist (d. 1683)
- 1693Empress Anna of Russia (d. 1740)
- 1934King Curtis, American saxophonist (d. 1971)
- 1945Ian Jack, Scottish journalist
- 1955Rolf Benirschke, American football player
- 1958Matt Ridley, British scientist and science writer
- 1962Eddie Izzard, British actor and comedian
- 1967Cheung Man, Hong Kong actress
- 1978Daniel Van Buyten, Belgian soccer player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.