February 7: Day of the Week
February 7, 2016 was the 38th day of the year 2016 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 328 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
February 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1074Pandulf IV of Benevento is killed battling the invading Normans at the Battle of Montesarchio.
- 1301Edward of Caernarvon (later King Edward II of England) becomes the first English Prince of Wales.
- 1894The Cripple Creek miner’s strike, led by the Western Federation of Miners, begins in Cripple Creek, Colorado.
- 1940The second full length animated Walt Disney film, Pinocchio, premieres.
- 1943Imperial Japanese naval forces complete the evacuation of Imperial Japanese Army troops from Guadalcanal during Operation Ke, ending Japanese attempts to retake the island from Allied forces in the Guadalcanal Campaign.
- 1974Grenada gains independence from the United Kingdom.
- 1990Dissolution of the Soviet Union: The Central Committee of the Soviet Communist Party agrees to give up its monopoly on power.
- 1997New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Ox in Chinese astrology.
- 1999Crown Prince Abdullah becomes the King of Jordan on the death of his father, King Hussein.
- 2009Bushfires in Victoria left 173 dead in the worst natural disaster in Australia’s history.
Who were born on February 7?
- 1922Hattie Jacques, English actress (d. 1980)
- 1927Vladimir Kuts, Russian runner (d. 1975)
- 1971Anita Tsoy, Russian singer of Korean descent
- 1973Juwan Howard, American basketball player
- 1974Steve Nash, Canadian basketball player
- 1976Sreto Ristić, German soccer player
- 1987Kerli, Estonian singer
- 1988Albin Hodza, French footballer
- 1988Lee Don-Ku, South Korean ice hockey defenceman player
- 1990Steven Stamkos, Canadian ice hockey player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.