February 7: Day of the Week
February 7, 2017 was the 38th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 327 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
February 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1497The bonfire of the vanities occurs in which supporters of Girolamo Savonarola burn thousands of objects like cosmetics, art, and books in Florence, Italy.
- 1795The 11th Amendment to the United States Constitution is ratified.
- 1904A fire in Baltimore, Maryland destroys over 1,500 buildings in 30 hours.
- 1948Sancheong-Hamyang massacre:Korean War
- 1979Pluto moves inside Neptune’s orbit for the first time since either was discovered.
- 1984Space Shuttle program: STS-41-B Mission – Astronauts Bruce McCandless II and Robert L. Stewart make the first untethered space walk using the Manned Maneuvering Unit (MMU).
- 1990Dissolution of the Soviet Union: The Central Committee of the Soviet Communist Party agrees to give up its monopoly on power.
- 1995Ramzi Yousef, the mastermind of the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, is arrested in Islamabad, Pakistan.
- 1997New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Ox in Chinese astrology.
- 2009Bushfires in Victoria left 173 dead in the worst natural disaster in Australia’s history.
Who were born on February 7?
- 1804John Deere, American manufacturer (Deere & Company) (d. 1886)
- 1878Ossip Gabrilowitsch, Russian-American pianist and conductor (d. 1936)
- 1889Harry Nyquist, important contributor to information theory (d. 1976)
- 1907Yevgeniy Abalakov, Soviet mountaineer (d. 1948)
- 1926John Frank Davidson, British chemical engineer and Royal Medal holder
- 1946Pete Postlethwaite, English actor (d. 2011)
- 1972Essence Atkins, American actress
- 1975Wes Borland, American guitarist (Limp Bizkit)
- 1977Dimitris Papanikolaou, Greek basketball player
- 1979Jon Leicester, American baseball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.