February 7: Day of the Week
February 7, 2016 was the 38th day of the year 2016 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 328 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
February 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1795The 11th Amendment to the United States Constitution is ratified.
- 1812The strongest in a series of earthquakes strikes New Madrid, Missouri.
- 1819Sir Thomas Stamford Raffles leaves Singapore after just taking it over, leaving it in the hands of William Farquhar.
- 1856The colonial Tasmanian Parliament passes the second piece of legislation (the Electoral Act of 1856) anywhere in the world providing for elections by way of a secret ballot.
- 1948Neil Harvey becomes the youngest Australian to score a century in Test cricket.
- 1948Sancheong-Hamyang massacre:Korean War
- 1978New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Horse in Chinese astrology.
- 1986Twenty-eight years of one-family rule end in Haiti, when President Jean-Claude Duvalier flees the Caribbean nation.
- 1992The Maastricht Treaty is signed, leading to the creation of the European Union.
- 1995Ramzi Yousef, the mastermind of the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, is arrested in Islamabad, Pakistan.
Who were born on February 7?
- 1873Thomas Andrews, British shipbuilder on the RMS Titanic (d. 1912)
- 1922Hattie Jacques, English actress (d. 1980)
- 1962David Bryan, American musician (Bon Jovi)
- 1964Ray Mears, British survival expert and TV presenter
- 1965Chris Rock, American actor and comedian
- 1972Essence Atkins, American actress
- 1977Dimitris Papanikolaou, Greek basketball player
- 1979Jon Leicester, American baseball player
- 1983Christian Klien, Austrian racing driver
- 1990Neil Etheridge, English–Filipino footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.