February 7: Day of the Week
February 7, 2017 was the 38th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 327 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mardi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
February 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1301Edward of Caernarvon (later King Edward II of England) becomes the first English Prince of Wales.
- 1497The bonfire of the vanities occurs in which supporters of Girolamo Savonarola burn thousands of objects like cosmetics, art, and books in Florence, Italy.
- 1819Sir Thomas Stamford Raffles leaves Singapore after just taking it over, leaving it in the hands of William Farquhar.
- 1856The Kingdom of Awadh is annexed by the British East India Company and Wajid Ali Shah, the king of Awadh, is imprisoned and later exiled to Calcutta.
- 1900Second Boer War: British troops fail in their third attempt to lift the Siege of Ladysmith.
- 1904A fire in Baltimore, Maryland destroys over 1,500 buildings in 30 hours.
- 1948Neil Harvey becomes the youngest Australian to score a century in Test cricket.
- 1995Ramzi Yousef, the mastermind of the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, is arrested in Islamabad, Pakistan.
- 1999Crown Prince Abdullah becomes the King of Jordan on the death of his father, King Hussein.
- 2008New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Rat in Chinese astrology.
Who were born on February 7?
- 1804John Deere, American manufacturer (Deere & Company) (d. 1886)
- 1887Eubie Blake, American musician and composer (d. 1983)
- 1895Anita Stewart, American film actress (d. 1961)
- 1926John Frank Davidson, British chemical engineer and Royal Medal holder
- 1938S. Ramachandran Pillai, Indian communist leader
- 1962Eddie Izzard, British actor and comedian
- 1969Yves Racine, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1979Nicola Campedelli, Italian footballer
- 1988Matthew Stafford, American NFL football player
- 1990Neil Etheridge, English–Filipino footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.