February 8: Day of the Week
February 8, 2017 was the 39th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 326 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
February 8 Historical Event(s)
- 1726The Supreme Privy Council is established in Russia.
- 1902New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Tiger in Chinese astrology.
- 1915D.W. Griffith’s controversial film The Birth of a Nation premieres in Los Angeles.
- 1942World War II: Japan invades Singapore.
- 1971The NASDAQ stock market index opens for the first time.
- 1974After 84 days in space, the crew of Skylab 4, the last crew to visit American space station Skylab, returns to Earth.
- 1974Military coup in Upper Volta.
- 1981Twenty-one association football spectators are trampled to death at Karaiskakis Stadium in Neo Faliro, Greece, after a football match between Olympiacos F.C. and AEK Athens FC.
- 1989An Independent Air Boeing 707 crashes into Santa Maria mountain in the Azores, killing 144.
- 1993General Motors sues NBC after Dateline NBC allegedly rigs two crashes intended to demonstrate that some GM pickups can easily catch fire if hit in certain places. NBC settles the lawsuit the next day.
Who were born on February 8?
- 412Proclus, Greek philosopher (d. 485)
- 1649Gabriel Daniel, French Jesuit historian (d. 1728)
- 1850Kate Chopin, American author (d. 1904)
- 1883Joseph Schumpeter, Austrian economist (d. 1950)
- 1922Audrey Meadows, American actress (d. 1996)
- 1940Ted Koppel, American journalist
- 1948Lynda Lyon Block, American convicted murderer (d. 2002)
- 1969Shiva Rose, American actress
- 1981Myriam Montemayor Cruz, Mexican singer
- 1983Jermaine Anderson, Canadian basketball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.