February 8: Day of the Week
February 8, 2016 was the 39th day of the year 2016 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 327 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
February 8 Historical Event(s)
- 1238The Mongols burn the Russian city of Vladimir.
- 1250Seventh Crusade: Crusaders engage Ayyubid forces in the Battle of Al Mansurah.
- 1837Richard Johnson becomes the first Vice President of the United States chosen by the United States Senate.
- 1855The Devil’s Footprints mysteriously appear in southern Devon.
- 1952Elizabeth II is proclaimed Queen of the United Kingdom.
- 1968American civil rights movement: The Orangeburg massacre: An attack on black students from South Carolina State University who are protesting racial segregation at the town’s only bowling alley, leaves three or four dead in Orangeburg, South Carolina.
- 1974After 84 days in space, the crew of Skylab 4, the last crew to visit American space station Skylab, returns to Earth.
- 1993General Motors sues NBC after Dateline NBC allegedly rigs two crashes intended to demonstrate that some GM pickups can easily catch fire if hit in certain places. NBC settles the lawsuit the next day.
- 2001Disney California Adventure Park opens to the public as part of the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California.
- 2016New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Monkey in Chinese astrology.
Who were born on February 8?
- 1925Jack Lemmon, American actor and film director (d. 2001)
- 1933Elly Ameling, Dutch soprano
- 1948Lynda Lyon Block, American convicted murderer (d. 2002)
- 1970Alonzo Mourning, American basketball player
- 1976Abi Titmuss, English glamour model
- 1977Bridgette Kerkove, American actress
- 1982Danny Tamberelli, American actor
- 1982Sousuke Takaoka, Japanese actor
- 1988Keegan Meth, Zimbabwean cricketer
- 1989JaJuan Johnson, American basketball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.