February 8: Day of the Week
February 8, 2016 was the 39th day of the year 2016 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 327 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
February 8 Historical Event(s)
- 1693The College of William and Mary in Williamsburg, Virginia is granted a charter by King William III and Queen Mary II.
- 1855The Devil’s Footprints mysteriously appear in southern Devon.
- 1915D.W. Griffith’s controversial film The Birth of a Nation premieres in Los Angeles.
- 1922President Warren G. Harding introduces the first radio in the White House.
- 1924Capital punishment: The first state execution in the United States by gas chamber takes place in Nevada.
- 1945World War II: The United Kingdom and Canada commence Operation Veritable to occupy the west bank of the Rhine.
- 1960The first eight brass star plaques are installed in the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- 1969Allende meteorite falls near Pueblito de Allende, Chihuahua, Mexico.
- 1981Twenty-one association football spectators are trampled to death at Karaiskakis Stadium in Neo Faliro, Greece, after a football match between Olympiacos F.C. and AEK Athens FC.
- 2016New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Monkey in Chinese astrology.
Who were born on February 8?
- 1880Franz Marc, German painter (d. 1916)
- 1903Greta Keller, Austrian-born cabaret singer and actress (d. 1977)
- 1930James Deetz, American anthropologist (d. 2000)
- 1941Nick Nolte, American actor
- 1963Mohammad Azharuddin, Indian cricketer
- 1970Alonzo Mourning, American basketball player
- 1981Myriam Montemayor Cruz, Mexican singer
- 1983Jermaine Anderson, Canadian basketball player
- 1987Carolina Kostner, Italian figure skater
- 1989JaJuan Johnson, American basketball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.