February 9: Day of the Week
February 9, 2017 was the 40th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 325 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. Use them to prosper in love, money, and career! Get your Aquarius horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
February 9 Historical Event(s)
- 474Zeno crowned as co-emperor of the Byzantine Empire.
- 1825After no presidential candidate receives a majority of electoral votes in the election of 1824, the United States House of Representatives elects John Quincy Adams President of the United States.
- 1895William G. Morgan creates a game called Mintonette, which soon comes to be referred to as volleyball.
- 1900The Davis Cup competition is established.
- 1913A group of meteors is visible across much of the eastern seaboard of North and South America, leading astronomers to conclude the source had been a small, short-lived natural satellite of the Earth.
- 1967New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Sheep in Chinese astrology.
- 1971The Sylmar earthquake hits the San Fernando Valley area of California.
- 1975The Soyuz 17 Soviet spacecraft returns to Earth.
- 1991Voters in Lithuania vote for independence.
- 1995Space Shuttle astronauts Bernard A. Harris, Jr. and Michael Foale become the first African American and first Briton, respectively, to perform spacewalks.
Who were born on February 9?
- 1895Hermann Brill, German politician (d. 1959)
- 1911William Darby, American World War II Army officer (d. 1945)
- 1928Roger Mudd, American journalist
- 1931Josef Masopust, Czech footballer
- 1945Gérard Lenorman, French singer
- 1968Alejandra Guzmán, Mexican singer
- 1970Glenn McGrath, Australian cricketer
- 1972Crispin Freeman, American voice actor
- 1975Viktor Chistiakov, Russian-born Australian athlete
- 1990Camille Winbush, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.