February 9: Day of the Week
February 9, 2017 was the 40th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 325 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Mokuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get the Star Lovers Report and discover the secrets of a better relationship. Start to seize love opportunities in your life. Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention you can get a F-R-E-E sample? (Sponsored link)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. Use them to prosper in love, money, and career! Get your Aquarius horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
February 9 Historical Event(s)
- 1849New Roman Republic established
- 1885The first Japanese government-approved immigrants arrive in Hawaii.
- 1913A group of meteors is visible across much of the eastern seaboard of North and South America, leading astronomers to conclude the source had been a small, short-lived natural satellite of the Earth.
- 1942World War II: Top United States military leaders hold their first formal meeting to discuss American military strategy in the war.
- 1959The R-7 Semyorka, the first intercontinental ballistic missile, becomes operational at Plesetsk, USSR.
- 1967New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Sheep in Chinese astrology.
- 1971Apollo program: Apollo 14 returns to Earth after the third manned moon landing.
- 1971The Sylmar earthquake hits the San Fernando Valley area of California.
- 1975The Soyuz 17 Soviet spacecraft returns to Earth.
- 2001The American submarine USS Greeneville accidentally strikes and sinks the Ehime-Maru, a Japanese training vessel operated by the Uwajima Fishery High School.
Who were born on February 9?
- 1846Whitaker Wright, English mining tycoon (d. 1904)
- 1871Howard Taylor Ricketts, American bacteriologist. (d. 1910)
- 1893Georgios Athanasiadis-Novas, Greek lawyer, politician and Prime Minister (d. 1987)
- 1922Kathryn Grayson, American actress (d. 2010)
- 1939Barry Mann, American singer
- 1943Barbara Lewis, American singer and songwriter
- 1946Séan Neeson, Northern Irish politician
- 1953Gabriel Rotello, American television documentary producer
- 1955Charles Shaughnessy, British actor
- 1969Ian Eagle, American sportscaster
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.