January 10: Day of the Week
January 10, 2017 was the 10th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 355 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get the Star Lovers Report and discover the secrets of a better relationship. Start to seize love opportunities in your life. Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention you can get a F-R-E-E sample? (Sponsored link)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. Use them to prosper in love, money, and career! Get your Capricorn horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
January 10 Historical Event(s)
- 236Pope Fabian succeeds Anterus as the twentieth pope of Rome.
- 1806Dutch settlers in Cape Town surrender to the British.
- 1810Napoleon divorces his first wife Joséphine.
- 1863The London Underground, the world’s oldest underground railway, opens between London Paddington station and Farringdon station.
- 1901The first great Texas oil gusher is discovered at Spindletop in Beaumont, Texas.
- 1941World War II: The Greek army captures Kleisoura.
- 1972Sheikh Mujibur Rahman returns to the newly independent Bangladesh as president after spending over nine months in prison in Pakistan.
- 1990Time Warner is formed from the merger of Time Inc. and Warner Communications Inc.
- 1999Sanjeev Nanda kills three policemen in New Delhi with his car, an act for which he was later acquitted, resulting in a sharp drop in public confidence in the Indian legal system.
- 2003Illinois Governor George Ryan commutes the death sentences of 167 prisoners on Illinois’ death row based on the Jon Burge scandal.
Who were born on January 10?
- 1480Margaret of Austria, Regent of the Netherlands (d. 1530)
- 1840Louis Nazaire Bégin, Canadian archbishop and cardinal (d. 1925)
- 1842Luigi Pigorini, Italian palaeoethnologist, archaeologist and ethnographer (d. 1925)
- 1843Frank James, American outlaw (d. 1915)
- 1934Leonid Kravchuk, Ukrainian politician
- 1940Yesudas, Indian playback singer and classical musician
- 1969Andreas Reinke, German footballer
- 1970Scott Ludlam, Australian politician
- 1974Steve Marlet, French footballer
- 1988Vladimir Zharkov, Russian ice hockey player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.