January 11: Day of the Week
January 11, 2017 was the 11th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 354 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get the Star Lovers Report and discover the secrets of a better relationship. Start to seize love opportunities in your life. Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention you can get a F-R-E-E sample? (Sponsored link)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. Use them to prosper in love, money, and career! Get your Capricorn horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
January 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1759In Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, the first American life insurance company is incorporated.
- 1794Robert Forsythe, a U.S. Marshal is killed in Augusta, Georgia when trying to serve court papers, the first US marshal to die while carrying out his duties.
- 1805The Michigan Territory is created.
- 1863American Civil War: Battle of Arkansas Post – General John McClernand and Admiral David Dixon Porter capture the Arkansas River for the Union.
- 1863American Civil War: ship CSS encountered and sank the USS Hatteras off Galveston Lighthouse in Texas.
- 1922First use of insulin to treat diabetes in a human patient.
- 1942World War II: Japan declares war on the Netherlands and invades the Netherlands East Indies.
- 1949First recorded case of snowfall in Los Angeles, California.
- 1972East Pakistan renames itself Bangladesh.
- 1998Sidi-Hamed massacre takes place in Algeria, over 100 people are killed.
Who were born on January 11?
- 1755Alexander Hamilton, Nevis born American Founding Father, economist, and political philosopher; 1st United States Secretary of the Treasury (d. 1804)
- 1807Ezra Cornell, American businessman and university founder (d. 1874)
- 1897August Heissmeyer, German SS officer (d. 1979)
- 1949Chris Ford, American basketball player and coach
- 1949Daryl Braithwaite, Australian rock singer
- 1961Jasper Fforde, British author
- 1969Manny Acta, Dominican baseball player
- 1974Roman Görtz, German footballer
- 1982Ashley Taylor Dawson, British actor and singer
- 1993Flora Cross, French actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.