January 25: Day of the Week
January 25, 2017 was the 25th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 340 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mercredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
January 25 Historical Event(s)
- 41After a night of negotiation, Claudius is accepted as Roman Emperor by the Senate.
- 1881Thomas Edison and Alexander Graham Bell form the Oriental Telephone Company.
- 1918Ukraine declares independence from Bolshevik Russia.
- 1945World War II: The Battle of the Bulge ends.
- 1981Jiang Qing, the widow of Mao Zedong, is sentenced to death.
- 1982New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Dog in Chinese astrology.
- 1986The National Resistance Movement topples the government of Tito Okello in Uganda.
- 1990The Burns’ Day storm hits northwestern Europe.
- 1999A 6.0 Richter scale earthquake hits western Colombia killing at least 1,000.
- 20032003 Invasion of Iraq: A group of people left London, England, for Baghdad, Iraq, to serve as human shields to prevent the U.S.-led coalition troops from bombing certain locations.
Who were born on January 25?
- 1825George Pickett, American Confederate General (d. 1875)
- 1923Shirley Ardell Mason, American psychiatric patient (d. 1998)
- 1925Giorgos Zampetas, Greek musician and songwriter (d. 1992)
- 1928Jérôme Choquette, Quebec lawyer and politician
- 1952Peter Tatchell, Australian-born British LGBT activist
- 1969Kina, American singer
- 1973Chris Guy, American professional wrestler
- 1974Attilio Nicodemo, Italian footballer
- 1974Robert Budreau, Canadian film director
- 1989Mikako Tabe, Japanese stage and film actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.