January 30: Day of the Week
January 30, 2017 is the 30th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 335 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
January 30 Historical Event(s)
- 1649King Charles I of England is beheaded.
- 1667The Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth cedes Kiev, Smolensk, and left-bank Ukraine to the Tsardom of Russia in the Treaty of Andrusovo.
- 1790The first boat specializing as a lifeboat is tested on the River Tyne.
- 1862The first American ironclad warship, the USS Monitor is launched.
- 1889Archduke Crown Prince Rudolf of Austria, heir to the Austro-Hungarian crown, is found dead with his mistress Baroness Mary Vetsera in Mayerling.
- 1911New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Pig in Chinese astrology.
- 1948Indian pacifist and leader Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi known for his non-violent freedom struggle is assassinated by Pandit Nathuram Godse, a Hindu extremist.
- 1964Ranger program: Ranger 6 is launched.
- 1995Workers from the National Institutes of Health announce the success of clinical trials testing the first preventive treatment for sickle-cell disease.
- 2000Off the coast of Ivory Coast, Kenya Airways Flight 431 crashes into the Atlantic Ocean, killing 169.
Who were born on January 30?
- 1822Franz Ritter von Hauer, Austrian geologist (d. 1899)
- 1901Rudolf Caracciola, German race car driver (d. 1959)
- 1911Roy Eldridge, American musician (d. 1989)
- 1928Hal Prince, American stage producer and director
- 1948Miles Reid, English mathematician
- 1948Nick Broomfield, English documentarian
- 1948Paul Magee, Irish IRA figure
- 1958Brett Butler, American actress and comedian
- 1964Otis Smith, American basketball player
- 1981Dimitar Berbatov, Bulgarian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.