January 30: Day of the Week
January 30, 2017 was the 30th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 335 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
January 30 Historical Event(s)
- 1048Protestantism: The villagers around today’s Baden-Baden elect their own priest in defiance of the local bishop.
- 1661Oliver Cromwell, Lord Protector of the Commonwealth of England is ritually executed two years after his death, on the anniversary of the execution of the monarch he himself deposed.
- 1820Edward Bransfield sights the Trinity Peninsula and claims the discovery of Antarctica.
- 1858The first Hallé concert is given in Manchester, England, marking the official founding of the Hallé Orchestra as a full-time, professional orchestra.
- 1889Archduke Crown Prince Rudolf of Austria, heir to the Austro-Hungarian crown, is found dead with his mistress Baroness Mary Vetsera in Mayerling.
- 1911New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Pig in Chinese astrology.
- 1944World War II: United States troops land on Majuro.
- 1948Indian pacifist and leader Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi known for his non-violent freedom struggle is assassinated by Pandit Nathuram Godse, a Hindu extremist.
- 1969The Beatles’ last public performance, on the roof of Apple Records in London. The impromptu concert is broken up by the police.
- 1979A Varig 707-323C freighter, flown by the same commander as Flight 820, disappears over the Pacific Ocean 30 minutes after taking off from Tokyo.
Who were born on January 30?
- 1832Infanta Luisa Fernanda, Duchess of Montpensier (d. 1897)
- 1917Paul Frère, Belgian racing driver and motorsport journalist (d. 2008)
- 1938Islam Karimov, Uzbekistani politician
- 1941Dick Cheney, American politician, 7th White House Chief of Staff, Member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Wyoming, 17th United States Secretary of Defense and 46th Vice President of the United States
- 1950Trinidad Silva, American actor (d. 1988)
- 1955Curtis Strange, American golfer
- 1958Brett Butler, American actress and comedian
- 1974Christian Bale, English actor
- 1977Tom Malchow, American swimmer
- 1986Nick Evans, American baseball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.