January 6: Day of the Week
January 6, 2017 was the 6th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 359 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get the Star Lovers Report and discover the secrets of a better relationship. Start to seize love opportunities in your life. Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention you can get a F-R-E-E sample? (Sponsored link)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. Use them to prosper in love, money, and career! Get your Capricorn horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
January 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1355Charles I of Bohemia is crowned with the Iron Crown of Lombardy as King of Italy in Milan.
- 1492Ferdinand and Isabella The Catholic Monarchs conquest Granada completing the Reconquista.
- 1721The Committee of Inquiry on the South Sea Bubble publishes its findings.
- 1853President-elect of the United States Franklin Pierce and his family are involved in a train wreck near Andover, Massachusetts.
- 1907Maria Montessori opens her first school and daycare center for working class children in Rome, Italy.
- 1912New Mexico is admitted as the 47th U.S. state.
- 1947Pan American Airlines becomes the first commercial airline to schedule a flight around the world.
- 1951Ganghwa massacre: Korean War.
- 1953The first Asian Socialist Conference opens in Rangoon, Burma.
- 1978The Crown of St. Stephen (also known as the Holy Crown of Hungary) is returned to Hungary from the United States, where it was held after World War II.
Who were born on January 6?
- 1587Gaspar de Guzmán, Count-Duke of Olivares, Spanish statesman (d. 1645)
- 1799Jedediah Strong Smith, American hunter and explorer (d. 1831)
- 1819Baldassare Verazzi, Italian painter (d. 1886)
- 1878Carl Sandburg, American poet and historian (d. 1967)
- 1916Vincent Serventy, Australian writer and conservationist (d. 2007)
- 1954Trudie Styler, English actress
- 1965Bjørn Lomborg, Danish political scientist
- 1974Paul Grant, American basketball player
- 1986Paul McShane, Irish footballer
- 1987Zhang Lin, Chinese swimmer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.