January 7: Day of the Week
January 7, 2017 was the 7th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 358 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
January 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1558France takes Calais, the last continental possession of England.
- 1598Boris Godunov becomes Czar of Russia.
- 1919Montenegrin guerrilla fighters rebel against the planned annexation of Montenegro by Serbia, but fail.
- 1920The New York State Assembly refuses to seat five duly elected Socialist assemblymen.
- 1922Dáil Éireann ratifies the Anglo-Irish Treaty by a 64-57 vote.
- 1945World War II: British General Bernard Montgomery holds a press conference in which he claims credit for victory in the Battle of the Bulge.
- 1948Kentucky Air National Guard pilot Thomas Mantell crashes while in pursuit of a supposed UFO.
- 1952President Harry S. Truman announces that the United States has developed the hydrogen bomb.
- 1973Mark Essex fatally shoots 10 people and wounds 13 others at Howard Johnson’s Hotel in New Orleans, Louisiana, before being shot to death by police officers.
- 2010Muslim gunmen open fire on a crowd of Coptic Christians leaving church after celebrating a midnight Christmas mass, killing eight of them as well as one Muslim bystander.
Who were born on January 7?
- 1933Elliott Kastner, American film producer (d. 2010)
- 1934Charles Jenkins, American sprinter
- 1956David Caruso, American actor
- 1957Julian Solis, Puerto Rican boxer
- 1961John Thune, American politician, junior senator of South Dakota
- 1967Mark Lamarr, British comedian and broadcaster
- 1967Nick Clegg, British Liberal Democrat Leader
- 1970Todd Day, American basketball player
- 1984Diego Balbinot, Italian footballer
- 1990Elene Gedevanishvili, Georgian figure skater
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.