January 7: Day of the Week
January 7, 2017 was the 7th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 358 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is samedi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get the Star Lovers Report and discover the secrets of a better relationship. Start to seize love opportunities in your life. Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention you can get a F-R-E-E sample? (Sponsored link)
Here’s the January calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. Use them to prosper in love, money, and career! Get your Capricorn horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
January 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1325Alfonso IV becomes King of Portugal.
- 1558France takes Calais, the last continental possession of England.
- 1610Galileo Galilei makes his first observation of the four Galilean moons: Ganymede, Callisto, Io and Europa, although he is not able distinguish the last two until the following day.
- 1904The distress signal “CQD” is established only to be replaced two years later by “SOS”.
- 1919Montenegrin guerrilla fighters rebel against the planned annexation of Montenegro by Serbia, but fail.
- 1948Kentucky Air National Guard pilot Thomas Mantell crashes while in pursuit of a supposed UFO.
- 1960The Polaris missile is test launched.
- 1973Mark Essex fatally shoots 10 people and wounds 13 others at Howard Johnson’s Hotel in New Orleans, Louisiana, before being shot to death by police officers.
- 1989Prince Akihito is sworn in as the emperor of Japan after the death of his father Hirohito
- 1990The interior of the Leaning Tower of Pisa is closed to the public because of safety concerns.
Who were born on January 7?
- 1528Jeanne d'Albret, Queen of Navarre (d. 1572)
- 1873Adolph Zukor, Hungarian producer (d. 1976)
- 1956Uwe Ochsenknecht, German actor and singer
- 1957Reena Roy, Indian actress
- 1961Andrew Thomson, Australian politician
- 1961John Thune, American politician, junior senator of South Dakota
- 1983Robert Ri'chard, American actor
- 1985Lewis Hamilton, English F1 racing driver
- 1988Haley Bennett, American singer and actress
- 1991Max Morrow, Canadian actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.