July 16, 1948: Day of the Week
July 16, 1948 was the 198th day of the year 1948 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 168 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kin'yōbi.
A person born on this day will be 68 years old today. If that same person saved a Half dollar every day starting at age 4, then by now that person has accumulated $11,761.50 today. That is, assuming this person is still alive and kicking.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the July 1948 calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly 1948 calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Cancer is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Rat is the mythical animal and Earth is the element for a person born on this day if we consider the very old art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac).
July 16, 1948 Historical Event(s)
- 1948Following token resistance, the city of Nazareth, revered by Christians as the hometown of Jesus, capitulates to Israeli troops during Operation Dekel in the 1948 Arab-Israeli War.
- 1948The storming of the cockpit of the Miss Macao passenger seaplane, operated by a subsidiary of the Cathay Pacific Airways, marks the first aircraft hijacking of a commercial plane.
Who were born on July 16, 1948?
- 1948Kevin McKenzie, South African cricketer
- 1948Pierre Koffmann, French chef
- 1948Pinchas Zukerman, Israeli violinist
- 1948Rubén Blades, Panamanian singer and actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.