March 1: Day of the Week
March 1, 2017 is the 60th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 305 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
March 1 Historical Event(s)
- 317Crispus and Constantine II, sons of Roman Emperor Constantine I, and Licinius Iunior, son of Emperor Licinius, are made Caesares
- 1781The Continental Congress adopts the Articles of Confederation.
- 1790The first United States census is authorized.
- 1873E. Remington and Sons in Ilion, New York begins production of the first practical typewriter.
- 1936A strike occurs aboard the S.S. California, leading to the demise of the International Seamen’s Union and the creation of the National Maritime Union.
- 1971President of Pakistan Yahya Khan indefinitely postpones the pending national assembly session, precipitating massive civil disobedience in East Pakistan.
- 1972The Thai province of Yasothon is created after being split off from the Ubon Ratchathani province.
- 1990Steve Jackson Games is raided by the United States Secret Service, prompting the later formation of the Electronic Frontier Foundation.
- 1992Bosnia and Herzegovina declares its independence from Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia.
- 2003Management of the United States Customs Service and the United States Secret Service move to the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Who were born on March 1?
- 1445Sandro Botticelli, Italian painter (d. 1510)
- 1810Frédéric Chopin, Polish composer (d. 1849)
- 1888Ewart Astill, English cricketer (d. 1948)
- 1893Mercedes de Acosta, American socialite (d. 1968)
- 1942Richard Bowman Myers, American soldier, 15th Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
- 1959Diamanto Manolakou, Greek politician
- 1960William Bennett, English musician (Whitehouse)
- 1963Ron Francis, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1968Salil Ankola, Indian cricketer and TV actor
- 1985J Leman, American football player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.