March 11: Day of the Week
March 11, 2017 was the 70th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 295 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your career today? Get the Career Analysis Report and get insights about your professional working life. Find out the circumstances that shape your professional life to improve your earning power. Start to seize career opportunities today! (Sponsored link)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. Use them to prosper in love, money, and career! Get your Pisces horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
March 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1784The signing of the Treaty of Mangalore brings the Second Anglo-Mysore War to an end.
- 1811During André Masséna’s retreat from the Lines of Torres Vedras, a division led by French Marshal Michel Ney fights off a combined Anglo-Portuguese force to give Masséna time to escape.
- 1824The United States Department of War creates the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
- 1851The first performance of Rigoletto by Giuseppe Verdi takes place in Venice.
- 1861American Civil War: The Constitution of the Confederate States of America is adopted.
- 1945World War II: The Empire of Vietnam, a short-lived puppet state, is established with Bảo Đại as its ruler.
- 1945World War II: The Imperial Japanese Navy attempts a large-scale kamikaze attack on the U.S. Pacific Fleet anchored at Ulithi atoll in Operation Tan No. 2.
- 1977The 1977 Hanafi Muslim Siege: more than 130 hostages held in Washington, D.C., by Hanafi Muslims are set free after ambassadors from three Islamic nations join negotiations.
- 1983Pakistan successfully conducts a cold test of a nuclear weapon.
- 1990Lithuania declares itself independent from the Soviet Union.
Who were born on March 11?
- 1738Benjamin Tupper, Continental Army officer, and pioneer to the Ohio Country (d. 1792)
- 1880Harry H. Laughlin, American eugenecist (d. 1943)
- 1922Tun Abdul Razak Hussein, Prime Minister of Malaysia (d. 1976)
- 1953Derek Daly, Irish-born American race car driver
- 1966Ilias Zouros, Greek basketball coach
- 1967John Barrowman, Scottish-American actor
- 1979Benji Madden, American guitarist (Good Charlotte)
- 1983Bianca Gonzalez, Filipina TV host and model
- 1985Paul Bissonnette, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1990Janna Dominguez, Filipina actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.