March 11: Day of the Week
March 11, 2017 was the 70th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 295 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is samedi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. Use them to prosper in love, money, and career! Get your Pisces horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
March 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1848Louis-Hippolyte Lafontaine and Robert Baldwin become the first Prime Ministers of the Province of Canada to be democratically elected under a system of responsible government.
- 1851The first performance of Rigoletto by Giuseppe Verdi takes place in Venice.
- 1927In New York City, Samuel Roxy Rothafel opens the Roxy Theatre.
- 1931Ready for Labour and Defence of the USSR, abbreviated as GTO, is introduced in the Soviet Union.
- 1941World War II: President Franklin D. Roosevelt signs the Lend-Lease Act into law, allowing American-built war supplies to be shipped to the Allies on loan.
- 1942World War II: General Douglas MacArthur leaves Corregidor.
- 1945World War II: The Imperial Japanese Navy attempts a large-scale kamikaze attack on the U.S. Pacific Fleet anchored at Ulithi atoll in Operation Tan No. 2.
- 1977The 1977 Hanafi Muslim Siege: more than 130 hostages held in Washington, D.C., by Hanafi Muslims are set free after ambassadors from three Islamic nations join negotiations.
- 1983Pakistan successfully conducts a cold test of a nuclear weapon.
- 1985Mikhail Gorbachev becomes General Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union
Who were born on March 11?
- 1738Benjamin Tupper, Continental Army officer, and pioneer to the Ohio Country (d. 1792)
- 1890Vannevar Bush, American engineer and politician (d. 1974)
- 1903Ronald Syme, New Zealand classicist and historian (d. 1989)
- 1915J. C. R. Licklider, American computer scientist and Internet pioneer (d. 1990)
- 1922José Luis López Vázquez, Spanish actor (d. 2009)
- 1929Timothy Carey, American actor (d. 1994)
- 1957Lady Chablis, American entertainer
- 1974Bobby Abreu, Venezuelan baseball player
- 1977Andre Nickatina, American rapper
- 1983Adil Mezgour, Moroccan footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.