March 13: Day of the Week
March 13, 2017 was the 72nd day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 293 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
March 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1639Harvard College is named for clergyman John Harvard.
- 1781William Herschel discovers Uranus.
- 1809Gustav IV Adolf of Sweden is deposed in a coup d'état.
- 1865American Civil War: The Confederate States of America agree to the use of African American troops.
- 1930The news of the discovery of Pluto is telegraphed to the Harvard College Observatory.
- 1938Anschluss of Austria to the Third Reich.
- 1964American Kitty Genovese is murdered, reportedly in view of neighbors who did nothing to help her, prompting research into the bystander effect.
- 1991The United States Department of Justice announces that Exxon has agreed to pay $1 billion for the clean-up of the Exxon Valdez oil spill in Alaska.
- 1997India’s Missionaries of Charity chooses Sister Nirmala to succeed Mother Teresa as its leader.
- 1997The Phoenix lights are seen over Phoenix, Arizona by hundreds of people, and by millions on television.
Who were born on March 13?
- 1741Joseph II, Holy Roman Emperor (d. 1790)
- 1763Guillaume Marie Anne Brune, French marshal (d. 1815)
- 1870Albert Meyer, member of the Swiss Federal Council in the 1930s (d. 1953)
- 1907Mircea Eliade, Romanian historian of religions and writer (d. 1986)
- 1923William F. Bolger, 65th Postmaster General of the United States (d. 1989)
- 1953Deborah Raffin, American actress
- 1956Jamie Dimon, American Banking executive
- 1968Akira Nogami, Japanese professional wrestler
- 1981Stephen Maguire, Scottish snooker player
- 1984Pieter Custers, Dutch athlete
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.