March 15: Day of the Week
March 15, 2017 was the 74th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 291 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get the Star Lovers Report and discover the secrets of a better relationship. Start to seize love opportunities in your life. Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention you can get a F-R-E-E sample? (Sponsored link)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. Use them to prosper in love, money, and career! Get your Pisces horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
March 15: This Day in History
In the Roman calendar, March 15 was known as the Ides of March.
March 15 Historical Event(s)
- 280Sun Hao of Eastern Wu surrenders to Sima Yan which began the Jin Dynasty.
- 1493Christopher Columbus returns to Spain after his first trip to the Americas.
- 1514Jodocus Badius Ascensius publishes Christiern Pedersen’s Latin version of Saxo’s Gesta Danorum, the oldest known version of that work.
- 1672Charles II of England issues the Royal Declaration of Indulgence.
- 1848A revolution breaks out in Hungary. The Habsburg rulers are compelled to meet the demands of the Reform party.
- 1888Start of the Anglo-Tibetan War of 1888.
- 1917Tsar Nicholas II of Russia abdicates the Russian throne and his brother the Grand Duke becomes Tsar.
- 1956My Fair Lady premiered on Broadway at the Mark Hellinger Theatre.
- 1985The first Internet domain name is registered (symbolics.com).
- 1990Iraq hangs British journalist Farzad Bazoft for spying.
Who were born on March 15?
- 1838Karl Davydov, Russian cellist (d. 1889)
- 1866Johan Vaaler, Norwegian inventor (d. 1910)
- 1887Marjorie Merriweather Post, American entrepreneur (d. 1973)
- 1918Punch Imlach, Canadian hockey coach and general manager (d. 1987)
- 1934Richard Layard, Baron Layard, British economist
- 1946Masaharu Satō, Japanese seiyū
- 1947Gino Ferrin, German footballer
- 1953Kostas Bigalis, Greek singer and songwriter
- 1956Clay Matthews, American football player
- 1988James Reimer, Canadian hockey player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.