March 15: Day of the Week
March 15, 2016 was the 75th day of the year 2016 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 291 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
March 15: This Day in History
In the Roman calendar, March 15 was known as the Ides of March.
March 15 Historical Event(s)
- 44 BCJulius Caesar, Dictator of the Roman Republic, is stabbed to death by Marcus Junius Brutus, Gaius Cassius Longinus, Decimus Junius Brutus and several other Roman senators on the Ides of March.
- 280Sun Hao of Eastern Wu surrenders to Sima Yan which began the Jin Dynasty.
- 1848A revolution breaks out in Hungary. The Habsburg rulers are compelled to meet the demands of the Reform party.
- 1916President Woodrow Wilson sends 4,800 United States troops over the U.S.-Mexico border to pursue Pancho Villa.
- 1917Tsar Nicholas II of Russia abdicates the Russian throne and his brother the Grand Duke becomes Tsar.
- 1922After Egypt gains nominal independence from the United Kingdom, Fuad I becomes King of Egypt.
- 1939World War II: German troops occupy the remaining part of Bohemia and Moravia; Czechoslovakia ceases to exist.
- 1961South Africa withdraws from the Commonwealth of Nations.
- 1986Hotel New World Disaster a 1 star hotel collapses in Singapore’s Little India’s district killing 33 people
- 2004French President Jacques Chirac signs the law on secularity and conspicuous religious symbols in schools, commonly known as the headscarf ban.
Who were born on March 15?
- 1591Alexandre de Rhodes, French Jesuit missionary (d. 1660)
- 1824Jules Chevalier, French priest (d. 1907)
- 1830Élisée Reclus, French geographer (d. 1905)
- 1866Matthew Charlton, Australian politician (d. 1948)
- 1915Caterina Boratto, Italian film actress (d. 2010)
- 1939Ted Kaufman, American politician
- 1944Chi Cheng, Taiwanese athlete and politician
- 1948Kate Bornstein, American author
- 1954Craig Wasson, American actor
- 1974Robert Fick, American baseball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.