March 15: Day of the Week
March 15, 2016 was the 75th day of the year 2016 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 291 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
March 15: This Day in History
In the Roman calendar, March 15 was known as the Ides of March.
March 15 Historical Event(s)
- 1514Jodocus Badius Ascensius publishes Christiern Pedersen’s Latin version of Saxo’s Gesta Danorum, the oldest known version of that work.
- 1545First meeting of the Council of Trent.
- 1672Charles II of England issues the Royal Declaration of Indulgence.
- 1820Maine becomes the 23rd U.S. state.
- 1848A revolution breaks out in Hungary. The Habsburg rulers are compelled to meet the demands of the Reform party.
- 1917Tsar Nicholas II of Russia abdicates the Russian throne and his brother the Grand Duke becomes Tsar.
- 1956My Fair Lady premiered on Broadway at the Mark Hellinger Theatre.
- 1961South Africa withdraws from the Commonwealth of Nations.
- 1986Hotel New World Disaster a 1 star hotel collapses in Singapore’s Little India’s district killing 33 people
- 1990Mikhail Gorbachev is elected as the first President of the Soviet Union.
Who were born on March 15?
- 1737Amarindra, Queen consort to King Rama I of Siam (d. 1826)
- 1907Zarah Leander, Swedish actress and singer (d. 1981)
- 1926Ben Johnston, American composer
- 1941Mike Love, American musician (The Beach Boys)
- 1947Gino Ferrin, German footballer
- 1952Howard Devoto, British musician (Buzzcocks, Magazine)
- 1962Jimmy Baio, American actor
- 1967Naoko Takeuchi, Japanese artist
- 1969Gianluca Festa, Italian footballer
- 1988Chris Lent, American drummer and keyboardist
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.