March 22: Day of the Week
March 22, 2017 was the 81st day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 284 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
March 22 Historical Event(s)
- 238Gordian I and his son Gordian II are proclaimed Roman Emperors.
- 1622Jamestown massacre: Algonquian Indians kill 347 English settlers around Jamestown, Virginia, a third of the colony’s population.
- 1765The British Parliament passes the Stamp Act that introduces a tax to be levied directly on its American colonies.
- 1829The three protecting powers (United Kingdom, France and Russia) establish the borders of Greece.
- 1906First Anglo-French rugby union match at Parc des Princes in Paris
- 1920Azeri and Turkish army soldiers with participation of Kurdish gangs attacked the Armenian inhabitants of Shushi (Nagorno Karabakh).
- 1954Closed since 1939, the London bullion market reopens.
- 1960Arthur Leonard Schawlow and Charles Hard Townes receive the first patent for a laser
- 1984Teachers at the McMartin preschool in Manhattan Beach, California are charged with satanic ritual abuse of the children in the school. The charges are later dropped as completely unfounded.
- 2009Mount Redoubt, a volcano in Alaska begins erupting after a prolonged period of unrest.
Who were born on March 22?
- 1857Paul Doumer, French President (d. 1932)
- 1907James Gavin, American general and ambassador (d. 1990)
- 1921Nino Manfredi, Italian actor (d. 2004)
- 1932Larry Evans, American chess grandmaster and journalist (d. 2010)
- 1940Haing S. Ngor, Cambodian/American actor (d. 1996)
- 1943Keith Relf, English musician (The Yardbirds) (d. 1976)
- 1966Artis Pabriks, Latvian politician
- 1974Gert Peens, South African-born Italian rugby player
- 1975Cole Hauser, American actor
- 1976Kathryn Jean Lopez, American pundit
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.