March 24: Day of the Week
March 24, 2015 was the 83rd day of the year 2015 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 282 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
March 24: This Day in History
March 24th is the 365th and last day of the year in many European implementations of the Julian calendar.
March 24 Historical Event(s)
- 1603Tokugawa Ieyasu is granted the title of shogun from Emperor Go-Yozei, and establishes the Tokugawa Shogunate in Edo, Japan.
- 1837Canada gives African Canadian men the right to vote.
- 1878The British frigate HMS Eurydice sinks, killing more than 300.
- 1907The first issue of the Georgian Bolshevik newspaper Dro is published.
- 1933The Enabling Act of 1933 is passed by the German Reichstag, allowing Adolf Hitler to gain plenary power.
- 1976In Argentina, the armed forces overthrow the constitutional government of President Isabel Perón and start a 7-year dictatorial period self-styled the National Reorganization Process. Since 2006, a public holiday known as Day of Remembrance for Truth and Justice is held on this day.
- 1980Archbishop Óscar Romero is killed while celebrating Mass in San Salvador.
- 2000S&P 500 index reaches an intraday high of 1,552.87, a peak that, due to the collapse of the dot-com bubble, it will not reach again for another seven-and-a-half years.
- 2003The Arab League votes 21-1 in favor of a resolution demanding the immediate and unconditional removal of U.S. and British soldiers from Iraq.
- 2008Bhutan officially becomes a democracy, with its first ever general election.
Who were born on March 24?
- 1820Fanny Crosby, American hymnist (d. 1915)
- 1938Holger Czukay, German musician (Can)
- 1953Louie Anderson, American comedian
- 1954Donna Pescow, American actress
- 1977Darren Lockyer, Australian rugby league footballer
- 1981Dirk Hayhurst, American baseball player
- 1981Gary Paffett, British racing driver
- 1981Mark Looms, Dutch footballer
- 1985Haruka Ayase, Japanese actress and model
- 1987Yuma Asami, Japanese adult video actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.