March 24: Day of the Week
March 24, 2017 was the 83rd day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 282 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kin'yōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
March 24: This Day in History
March 24th is the 365th and last day of the year in many European implementations of the Julian calendar.
March 24 Historical Event(s)
- 1707The Acts of Union 1707 is signed, officially uniting the Kingdoms of England and Scotland to create the Kingdom of Great Britain.
- 1731Naturalization of Hieronimus de Salis Parliamentary Act is passed.
- 1832In Hiram, Ohio a group of men beat, tar and feather Mormon leader Joseph Smith, Jr.
- 1896A. A. Popov makes the first radio signal transmission in history.
- 1907The first issue of the Georgian Bolshevik newspaper Dro is published.
- 1946The British Cabinet Mission, consisting of Lord Pethick-Lawrence, Sir Stafford Cripps and A. V. Alexander, arrives in India to discuss and plan for the transfer of power from the British Raj to Indian leadership.
- 1958Rock'N'Roll teen idol Elvis Presley is drafted in the U.S. Army.
- 1986The Loscoe gas explosion leads to new UK laws on landfill gas migration and gas protection on landfill sites.
- 1993Discovery of Comet Shoemaker-Levy 9.
- 1998Jonesboro massacre: Mitchell Johnson and Andrew Golden, aged 11 and 13 respectively, fire upon teachers and students at Westside Middle School in Jonesboro, Arkansas; five people are killed and ten are wounded.
Who were born on March 24?
- 1693John Harrison, British clockmaker (d. 1776)
- 1809Joseph Liouville, French mathematician (d. 1882)
- 1835Jožef Stefan, Slovenian physicist (d. 1893)
- 1920Gene Nelson, American actor (d. 1996)
- 1970Sharon Corr, Irish musician (The Corrs)
- 1981Mark Looms, Dutch footballer
- 1985Amanda Lameche, Swedish singer
- 1987Yuma Asami, Japanese adult video actress
- 1989Aziz Shavershian, Australian body-builder (d. 2011)
- 1990Aljur Abrenica, Filipino actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.