March 26: Day of the Week
March 26, 2017 was the 85th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 280 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
March 26 Historical Event(s)
- 1026Pope John XIX crowns Conrad II as Holy Roman Emperor.
- 1484William Caxton prints his translation of Aesop’s Fables.
- 1881Thessaly is freed and becomes part of Greece again.
- 1934The driving test is introduced in the United Kingdom.
- 1942World War II: In Poland, the first female prisoners arrive at Auschwitz.
- 1958The United States Army launches Explorer 3.
- 1976Queen Elizabeth II sends the first royal email, from the Royal Signals and Radar Establishment.
- 1979Anwar al-Sadat, Menachem Begin and Jimmy Carter sign the Israel-Egypt Peace Treaty in Washington, D.C.
- 1995The Schengen Treaty comes into effect.
- 1997Thirty-nine bodies are found in the Heaven’s Gate cult suicides.
Who were born on March 26?
- 1904Emilio Fernández, Mexican actor and filmmaker (d. 1986)
- 1919Roger Leger, Quebec ice hockey player (d. 1965)
- 1949Vicki Lawrence, American actress and singer
- 1952Didier Pironi, French Formula 1 driver (d. 1987)
- 1962Eric Allan Kramer, American actor
- 1966Michael Imperioli, American actor
- 1983Michael Brendli, American professional wrestler
- 1983Roman Bednar, Czech footballer
- 1984Jimmy Howard, American ice hockey player
- 1990Yūya Yagira, Japanese actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.