March 26: Day of the Week
March 26, 2017 was the 85th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 280 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get the Star Lovers Report and discover the secrets of a better relationship. Start to seize love opportunities in your life. Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention you can get a F-R-E-E sample? (Sponsored link)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. Use them to prosper in love, money, and career! Get your Aries horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
March 26 Historical Event(s)
- 1484William Caxton prints his translation of Aesop’s Fables.
- 1552Guru Amar Das becomes the Third Sikh Guru.
- 1636Utrecht University is founded in the Netherlands.
- 1808Charles IV of Spain abdicates in favor of his son, Ferdinand VII.
- 1839The first Henley Royal Regatta is held.
- 1934The driving test is introduced in the United Kingdom.
- 1942World War II: In Poland, the first female prisoners arrive at Auschwitz.
- 1958The African Regroupment Party is launched at a meeting in Paris.
- 1999A jury in Michigan finds Dr. Jack Kevorkian guilty of second-degree murder for administering a lethal injection to a terminally ill man.
- 1999The “Melissa worm” infects Microsoft word processing and e-mail systems around the world.
Who were born on March 26?
- 1908Henry (Hank) Sylvern, American radio personality (d. 1964)
- 1914Toru Kumon, Japanese educator (d. 1995)
- 1916Bill Edrich, English cricketer (d. 1986)
- 1934Alan Arkin, American actor
- 1950Alan Silvestri, American film composer
- 1957Leeza Gibbons, American television host
- 1962John Stockton, American basketball player
- 1978Anastasia Kostaki, Greek basketball player
- 1984Jimmy Howard, American ice hockey player
- 1985Keira Knightley, English actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.