March 27: Day of the Week
March 27, 2016 was the 87th day of the year 2016 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 279 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
March 27 Historical Event(s)
- 1782Charles Watson-Wentworth, 2nd Marquess of Rockingham becomes Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.
- 1794Denmark and Sweden form a neutrality compact.
- 1851First reported sighting of the Yosemite Valley by Europeans.
- 1881Rioting takes place in Basingstoke in protest against the daily vociferous promotion of rigid Temperance by the Salvation Army.
- 1884A mob in Cincinnati, Ohio, US, attacks members of a jury who had returned a verdict of manslaughter in a clear case of murder, and then over the next few days would riot and destroy the courthouse.
- 1941World War II: Yugoslavian Air Force officers topple the pro-axis government in a bloodless coup.
- 1948The Second Congress of the Workers Party of North Korea is convened.
- 1958Nikita Khrushchev becomes Premier of the Soviet Union.
- 1963Beeching Axe: Dr. Richard Beeching issues a report calling for huge cuts to the United Kingdom’s rail network.
- 1975Construction of the Trans-Alaska Pipeline System begins.
Who were born on March 27?
- 1712Claude Bourgelat, French veterinary surgeon (d. 1779)
- 1765Franz Xaver von Baader, German philosopher and theologian (d. 1841)
- 1847Otto Wallach, German chemist, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1931)
- 1914Budd Schulberg, American screenwriter and novelist (d. 2009)
- 1927Mstislav Rostropovich, Russian cellist and conductor (d. 2007)
- 1944Khosrow Shakibai, Iranian actor (d. 2008)
- 1952Jan Albers, Dutch field hockey player
- 1959Andrew Farriss, Australian musician (INXS)
- 1976Carl Ng, Hong Kong/British actor and model
- 1987Victor Vito, New Zealand rugby player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.