March 28: Day of the Week
March 28, 2017 was the 87th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 278 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. Use them to prosper in love, money, and career! Get your Aries horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
March 28 Historical Event(s)
- 37Roman Emperor Caligula accepts the titles of the Principate, entitled to him by the Senate.
- 193Roman Emperor Pertinax is assassinated by Praetorian Guards, who then sell the throne in an auction to Didius Julianus.
- 1871The Paris Commune is formally established in Paris.
- 1910Henri Fabre becomes the first person to fly a seaplane, the Fabre Hydravion, after taking off from a water runway near Martigues, France.
- 1920Palm Sunday tornado outbreak of 1920 affects the Great Lakes region and Deep South states.
- 1941World War II: Battle of Cape Matapan – in the Mediterranean Sea, British Admiral Andrew Browne Cunningham leads the Royal Navy in the destruction of three major Italian heavy cruisers and two destroyers.
- 1946Cold War: The United States State Department releases the Acheson–Lilienthal Report, outlining a plan for the international control of nuclear power.
- 1959The State Council of the People’s Republic of China dissolves the Government of Tibet.
- 1979The British House of Commons passes a vote of no confidence against James Callaghan’s government, precipitating a general election.
- 2005The 2005 Sumatra earthquake rocks Indonesia, and at magnitude 8.7 is the fourth strongest earthquake since 1965.
Who were born on March 28?
- 1569Ranuccio I Farnese, Duke of Parma (d. 1622)
- 1899August “Gussie” Anheuser Busch, Jr., American brewer and baseball executive (d. 1989)
- 1927Marianne Fredriksson, Swedish author (d. 2007)
- 1943Conchata Ferrell, American actress
- 1948Dianne Wiest, American actress
- 1972Keith Tkachuk, American ice hockey player
- 1977Erik Rasmussen, American ice hockey player
- 1988Lacey Turner, British actress
- 1989Lukas Jutkiewicz, English footballer
- 1989Mira Leung, Canadian figure skater
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.