March 29: Day of the Week
March 29, 2017 was the 88th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 277 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
March 29 Historical Event(s)
- 1638Swedish colonists establish the first European settlement in Delaware, naming it New Sweden.
- 1792King Gustav III of Sweden dies after being shot in the back at a midnight masquerade ball at Stockholm’s Royal Opera 13 days earlier. He is succeeded by Gustav IV Adolf.
- 1857Sepoy Mangal Pandey of the 34th Regiment, Bengal Native Infantry revolts against the British rule in India and inspires a long-drawn War of Independence of 1857 also known as the Sepoy Mutiny.
- 1865American Civil War: Federal forces under Major General Philip Sheridan move to flank Confederate forces under Robert E. Lee as the Appomattox Campaign begins.
- 1879Anglo-Zulu War: Battle of Kambula: British forces defeat 20,000 Zulus.
- 1882The Knights of Columbus are established.
- 1951Ethel and Julius Rosenberg are convicted of conspiracy to commit espionage.
- 1961The Twenty-third Amendment to the United States Constitution is ratified, allowing residents of Washington, D.C., to vote in presidential elections.
- 1974NASA’s Mariner 10 becomes the first spaceprobe to fly by Mercury. It was launched on November 3, 1973.
- 1993Catherine Callbeck becomes premier of Prince Edward Island and the first woman to be elected in a general election as premier of a Canadian province.
Who were born on March 29?
- 1900Bill Aston, British racing driver (d. 1974)
- 1929Lennart Meri, President of Estonia (d. 2006)
- 1936Mogens Camre, Danish politician
- 1941Eden Kane, British singer
- 1944Denny McLain, American baseball player
- 1964Annabella Sciorra, American actress
- 1965Jill Goodacre, American actress and model
- 1972Junichi Suwabe, Japanese voice actor
- 1972Michel Ancel, French game designer
- 1976Igor Astarloa, Spanish cyclist
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.