March 29: Day of the Week
March 29, 2017 was the 88th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 277 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! Are you ready to solve your biggest career problem? First, you need to find out what’s preventing you to move forward in your career. Unlock your potential for success with the Career Analysis report. Get a free sample – no obligation to buy! (Sponsored link)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. Use them to prosper in love, money, and career! Get your Aries horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
March 29 Historical Event(s)
- 1461Wars of the Roses: Battle of Towton – Edward of York defeats Queen Margaret to become King Edward IV of England.
- 1638Swedish colonists establish the first European settlement in Delaware, naming it New Sweden.
- 1849The United Kingdom annexes the Punjab.
- 1871The Royal Albert Hall is opened by Queen Victoria.
- 1886Dr. John Pemberton brews the first batch of Coca-Cola in a backyard in Atlanta, Georgia.
- 1936In Germany, Adolf Hitler receives 99% of the votes in a referendum to ratify Germany’s illegal reoccupation of the Rhineland, receiving 44.5 million votes out of 45.5 million registered voters.
- 1957The New York, Ontario and Western Railway makes its final run, the first major U.S. railroad to be abandoned in its entirety.
- 1973Operation Barrel Roll, a covert US bombing campaign in Laos to stop communist infiltration of South Vietnam, ends.
- 1973Vietnam War: The last United States combat soldiers leave South Vietnam.
- 1999The Dow Jones Industrial Average closes above the 10,000 mark (10,006.78) for the first time, during the height of the internet boom.
Who were born on March 29?
- 1553Vitsentzos Kornaros, Greek Renaissance poet
- 1584Ferdinando Fairfax, 2nd Lord Fairfax of Cameron, English general (d. 1648)
- 1929Richard Lewontin, American biologist
- 1930Anerood Jugnauth, President of Mauritius
- 1936John A. Durkin, American politician
- 1939Terence Hill, Italian actor
- 1955Brendan Gleeson, Irish actor
- 1964Michael A. Jackson, American politician
- 1985Mickey Pimentel, National Football League linebacker
- 1991Hayley McFarland, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.