March 30: Day of the Week
March 30, 2016 was the 90th day of the year 2016 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 276 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
March 30 Historical Event(s)
- 1814Napoleonic Wars: Sixth Coalition forces march into Paris.
- 1842Anesthesia is used for the first time, in an operation by the American surgeon Dr. Crawford Long.
- 1856The Treaty of Paris is signed, ending the Crimean War.
- 1867Alaska is purchased from Russia for $7.2 million, about 2 cent/acre ($4.19/km²), by United States Secretary of State William H. Seward.
- 1909The Queensboro Bridge opens, linking Manhattan and Queens.
- 1912Sultan Abdelhafid signs the Treaty of Fez, making Morocco a French protectorate.
- 1918Outburst of bloody March Events in Baku and other locations of Baku Governorate.
- 1944Allied bombing raid on Nuremberg. Along the English eastern coast 795 aircraft are despatched, including 572 Lancasters, 214 Halifaxes and 9 Mosquitos. The bombers meet resistance at the coasts of Belgium and the Netherlands from German fighters. In total, 95 bombers are lost, making it the largest Bomber Command loss of World War II.
- 1954The Yonge Street subway line opens in Toronto. It is the first subway in Canada.
- 1972Vietnam War: The Easter Offensive begins after North Vietnamese forces cross into the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) of South Vietnam.
Who were born on March 30?
- 1432Mehmed II, Ottoman Sultan (d. 1481)
- 1880Sean O'Casey, Irish dramatist (d. 1964)
- 1929Richard Dysart, American actor
- 1930Rolf Harris, Australian artist and entertainer
- 1956Bill Butler, Scottish politician
- 1959Andrew Bailey, Bank of England officer
- 1959Peter Hugh McGregor Ellis, New Zealand convicted child abuser
- 1964Vlado Bozinovski, Australian former footballer
- 1972Mili Avital, Israeli-American actress
- 1983Zach Gowen, American professional wrestler
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.