March 30: Day of the Week
March 30, 2017 was the 89th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 276 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
Hey! How’s your career today? Get the Career Analysis Report and get insights about your professional working life. Find out the circumstances that shape your professional life to improve your earning power. Start to seize career opportunities today! (Sponsored link)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. Use them to prosper in love, money, and career! Get your Aries horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
March 30 Historical Event(s)
- 1282The people of Sicily rebel against the Angevin king Charles I, in what becomes known as the Sicilian Vespers.
- 1855Origins of the American Civil War: Bleeding Kansas – “Border Ruffians” from Missouri invade Kansas and force election of a pro-slavery legislature.
- 1856The Treaty of Paris is signed, ending the Crimean War.
- 1870Texas is readmitted to the Union following Reconstruction.
- 1885The Battle for Kushka triggers the Panjdeh Incident which nearly gives rise to war between the British Empire and Russian Empire.
- 1909The Queensboro Bridge opens, linking Manhattan and Queens.
- 1940Sino-Japanese War: Japan declares Nanking capital of a new Chinese puppet government, nominally controlled by Wang Ching-wei.
- 1944Allied bombing raid on Nuremberg. Along the English eastern coast 795 aircraft are despatched, including 572 Lancasters, 214 Halifaxes and 9 Mosquitos. The bombers meet resistance at the coasts of Belgium and the Netherlands from German fighters. In total, 95 bombers are lost, making it the largest Bomber Command loss of World War II.
- 1949A riot breaks out in Austurvöllur square in Reykjavík, when Iceland joins NATO.
- 2009Twelve gunmen attack the Manawan Police Academy in Lahore, Pakistan.
Who were born on March 30?
- 1910Józef Marcinkiewicz, Polish mathematician (d. 1940)
- 1930Nicolas Browne-Wilkinson, former Lord of Appeal, UK
- 1941Wasim Sajjad, President of Pakistan
- 1949Liza Frulla, Quebec politician
- 1956Juanito Oiarzabal, Basque mountaineer
- 1966Joey Castillo, American drummer (Queens of the Stone Age)
- 1968Celine Dion, Canadian singer
- 1978Chris Paterson, Scottish rugby player
- 1979Norah Jones, American musician
- 1987Trent Barreta, American professional wrestler
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.