March 4: Day of the Week
March 4, 2017 was the 63rd day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 302 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
March 4 Historical Event(s)
- 1461Wars of the Roses in England: Lancastrian King Henry VI is deposed by his Yorkist cousin, who then becomes King Edward IV.
- 1493Explorer Christopher Columbus arrives back in Lisbon, Portugal, aboard his ship Niña from his voyage to what is now The Bahamas and other islands in the Caribbean.
- 1628The Massachusetts Bay Colony is granted a Royal charter.
- 1791A Constitutional Act is introduced by the British House of Commons in London which envisages the separation of Canada into Lower Canada (Quebec) and Upper Canada (Ontario).
- 1794The 11th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution is passed by the U.S. Congress.
- 1882Britain’s first electric trams run in east London.
- 1943World War II: The Battle of the Bismarck Sea in the South West Pacific comes to an end.
- 1970French submarine Eurydice explodes underwater, resulting in the loss of the entire 57-man crew.
- 1998Gay rights: Oncale v. Sundowner Offshore Services: The Supreme Court of the United States rules that federal laws banning on-the-job sexual harassment also apply when both parties are the same sex.
- 20014 March 2001 BBC bombing: a massive car bomb explodes in front of the BBC Television Centre in London, seriously injuring 1 person. The attack was attributed to the Real IRA.
Who were born on March 4?
- 1822Jules Antoine Lissajous, French mathematician (d. 1880)
- 1838Paul Lacome, French composer (d. 1920)
- 1863John Henry Wigmore, American jurist (d. 1943)
- 1893Charles Herbert Colvin, American aeronautical engineer (d. 1985)
- 1971Satoshi Motoyama, Japanese racing driver
- 1981Laura Michelle Kelly, English actress and singer
- 1982Elia Rigotto, Italian road bicycle racer
- 1985Davey Morgan, American children’s book illustrator and professional photographer
- 1990Marco Martina Rini, Italian footballer
- 1990Maximiliano Oliva, Argentine footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.