March 4: Day of the Week
March 4, 2016 was the 64th day of the year 2016 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 302 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
March 4 Historical Event(s)
- 852Croatian Duke Trpimir I issues a statute, a document with the first known written mention of the Croats name in Croatian sources.
- 1789In New York City, the first Congress of the United States meets, putting the United States Constitution into effect.
- 1791Vermont is admitted to the U.S. as the fourteenth state.
- 1794The 11th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution is passed by the U.S. Congress.
- 1814Americans defeat the British at the Battle of Longwoods between London, Ontario and Thamesville, near present-day Wardsville, Ontario.
- 1882Britain’s first electric trams run in east London.
- 1966A Canadian Pacific Air Lines DC-8-43 explodes on landing at Tokyo International Airport, killing 64 people.
- 1976The Northern Ireland Constitutional Convention is formally dissolved in Northern Ireland resulting in direct rule of Northern Ireland from London by the British parliament.
- 1977The 1977 Bucharest Earthquake in southern and eastern Europe kills more than 1,500.
- 2007Estonian parliamentary election, 2007: Approximately 30,000 voters take advantage of electronic voting in Estonia, the world’s first nationwide voting where part of the votecasting is allowed in the form of remote electronic voting via the Internet.
Who were born on March 4?
- 1782Johann Rudolf Wyss, Swiss folklorist (d. 1830)
- 1817Edwards Pierrepont, American statesman and the 34th United States Attorney General (d. 1892)
- 1927Robert Orben, American magician
- 1929Josep Mestres Quadreny, Catalan composer
- 1965Khaled Hosseini, Afghan author and physician
- 1965Viktor Shapovalov, Russian auto racing driver
- 1972Giorgos Mazonakis, Greek pop singer
- 1976Hayley Evetts, English singer, TV presenter and stage actor
- 1980Ben Briand, Australian film director
- 1987Tamzin Merchant, British actor and poetess
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.