March 4: Day of the Week
March 4, 2017 is the 63rd day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 302 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
March 4 Historical Event(s)
- 932Translation of the relics of martyr Wenceslaus I, Duke of Bohemia, Prince of the Czechs.
- 1519Hernan Cortes arrives in Mexico in search of the Aztec civilization and their wealth.
- 1665English King Charles II declares war on the Netherlands marking the start of the Second Anglo-Dutch War.
- 1790France is divided into 83 départements, cutting across the former provinces in an attempt to dislodge regional loyalties based on ownership of land by the nobility.
- 1794The 11th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution is passed by the U.S. Congress.
- 1804Castle Hill Rebellion: Irish convicts rebel against British colonial authority in the Colony of New South Wales.
- 1918The first case of Spanish flu occurs, the start of a devastating worldwide pandemic.
- 1960The French freighter La Coubre explodes in Havana, Cuba killing 100.
- 20014 March 2001 BBC bombing: a massive car bomb explodes in front of the BBC Television Centre in London, seriously injuring 1 person. The attack was attributed to the Real IRA.
- 2007Estonian parliamentary election, 2007: Approximately 30,000 voters take advantage of electronic voting in Estonia, the world’s first nationwide voting where part of the votecasting is allowed in the form of remote electronic voting via the Internet.
Who were born on March 4?
- 1926James J. Eagan, Former Mayor of Florissant, Missouri (d. 2000)
- 1938Anton Stanislaus Balasingham, Political strategist and negotiator (d. 2006)
- 1947Gwen Welles, American actress (d. 1993)
- 1955Tim Costello, prominent Australian Baptist minister and current CEO of World Vision Australia
- 1957Nicholas Coleridge, British entrepreneur
- 1962Jon Durno, bassist (Roman Holliday)
- 1965Jonathan Shearer, Scottish castaway
- 1968Dionna Harris, American softball player and Olympic champion
- 1977Mike Kinsella, American musician (Cap'n Jazz, Joan of Arc, American Football, and Owen)
- 1979Neil Best, Irish rugby union footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.