March 4: Day of the Week
March 4, 2017 was the 63rd day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 302 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
March 4 Historical Event(s)
- 932Translation of the relics of martyr Wenceslaus I, Duke of Bohemia, Prince of the Czechs.
- 1152Frederick I Barbarossa is elected King of the Germans.
- 1794The 11th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution is passed by the U.S. Congress.
- 1804Castle Hill Rebellion: Irish convicts rebel against British colonial authority in the Colony of New South Wales.
- 1933The Parliament of Austria is suspended because of a quibble over procedure – Chancellor Engelbert Dollfuss initiates an authoritarian rule by decree.
- 1943World War II: The Battle of the Bismarck Sea in the South West Pacific comes to an end.
- 1966A Canadian Pacific Air Lines DC-8-43 explodes on landing at Tokyo International Airport, killing 64 people.
- 1977The 1977 Bucharest Earthquake in southern and eastern Europe kills more than 1,500.
- 20014 March 2001 BBC bombing: a massive car bomb explodes in front of the BBC Television Centre in London, seriously injuring 1 person. The attack was attributed to the Real IRA.
- 2009The International Criminal Court (ICC) issues an arrest warrant for Sudanese President Omar Hassan al-Bashir for war crimes and crimes against humanity in Darfur. Al-Bashir is the first sitting head of state to be indicted by the ICC since its establishment in 2002.
Who were born on March 4?
- 1484George, Margrave of Brandenburg-Ansbach, follower of Martin Luther (d. 1543)
- 1878Egbert van Alstyne, American songwriter and pianist (d. 1951)
- 1931William Henry Keeler, American Roman Catholic Archbishop
- 1940Wolfgang Hoffmann-Riem, German legal scholar and former judge of the Federal Constitutional Court of Germany
- 1941John Aprea, American actor
- 1942Charles C. Krulak, American general and the 31st Commandant of the U.S. Marine Corps
- 1965Andrew Collins, English journalist
- 1970Edward Gal, Dutch dressage rider
- 1976Gary Shortland, British professional figure skater
- 1980Ben Briand, Australian film director
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.