March 4: Day of the Week
March 4, 2016 was the 64th day of the year 2016 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 302 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kin'yōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
March 4 Historical Event(s)
- 306Martyrdom of Saint Adrian of Nicomedia.
- 1351Ramathibodi becomes King of Siam.
- 1493Explorer Christopher Columbus arrives back in Lisbon, Portugal, aboard his ship Niña from his voyage to what is now The Bahamas and other islands in the Caribbean.
- 1665English King Charles II declares war on the Netherlands marking the start of the Second Anglo-Dutch War.
- 1848Carlo Alberto di Savoia signs the Statuto Albertino that will later represent the first constitution of the Regno d'Italia
- 1882Britain’s first electric trams run in east London.
- 1908The Collinwood School Fire, Collinwood near Cleveland, Ohio, kills 174 people.
- 1921Warren Harding becomes the first President of the United States to have his inauguration broadcast on radio, via KDKA-AM in Pittsburgh.
- 1998Gay rights: Oncale v. Sundowner Offshore Services: The Supreme Court of the United States rules that federal laws banning on-the-job sexual harassment also apply when both parties are the same sex.
- 2002Afghanistan: Seven American Special Operations Forces soldiers are killed as they attempt to infiltrate the Shahi Kot Valley on a low-flying helicopter reconnaissance mission.
Who were born on March 4?
- 1790David “Robber” Lewis, American robber known for giving stolen money to the poor. (d. 1820)
- 1906Charles Rudolph Walgreen, Jr., American businessman (d. 2007)
- 1942Henk van der Kroon, Dutch founder and president of the Federation of European Carnival Cities
- 1947Greg Guma, American progressive journalist and author
- 1952Peter Kuhfeld, English figurative painter
- 1961Alain Coumont, Belgian chef and restaurateur
- 1968Kyriakos Mitsotakis, Greek politician
- 1969Annie Yi, Chinese singer, writer and actress
- 1969Patrick Roach, Canadian actor
- 1971Jason Sellers, American country music artist
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.