March 4: Day of the Week
March 4, 2016 was the 64th day of the year 2016 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 302 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
March 4 Historical Event(s)
- 1152Frederick I Barbarossa is elected King of the Germans.
- 1628The Massachusetts Bay Colony is granted a Royal charter.
- 1804Castle Hill Rebellion: Irish convicts rebel against British colonial authority in the Colony of New South Wales.
- 1814Americans defeat the British at the Battle of Longwoods between London, Ontario and Thamesville, near present-day Wardsville, Ontario.
- 1882Britain’s first electric trams run in east London.
- 1913First Balkan War: The Greek army engages the Turks at Bizani, resulting in victory two days later.
- 1944World War II: After the success of Big Week, the USAAF begins a daylight bombing campaign of Berlin.
- 1960The French freighter La Coubre explodes in Havana, Cuba killing 100.
- 1985The Food and Drug Administration approves a blood test for AIDS, used since then for screening all blood donations in the United States.
- 1991Sheikh Saad Al-Abdallah Al-Salim Al-Sabah, the Prime Minister of Kuwait, returns to his country for the first time since Iraq’s invasion.
Who were born on March 4?
- 1908T.R.M. Howard, American civil rights leader (d. 1976)
- 1914Barbara Newhall Follett, American child prodigy novelist (disappeared 1939)
- 1928Samuel Adler, American composer
- 1931Wally Bruner, American journalist and television host (d. 1997)
- 1932Frank Wells, American entertainment businessman (d. 1994)
- 1938Anton Stanislaus Balasingham, Political strategist and negotiator (d. 2006)
- 1939Keith Skues, British radio personality
- 1965Paul W. S. Anderson, English filmmaker
- 1983Akeem Omolade, Nigerian footballer
- 1988Mikuru Uchino, Japanese gravure idol
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.