March 4: Day of the Week
March 4, 2016 was the 64th day of the year 2016 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 302 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
March 4 Historical Event(s)
- 1791A Constitutional Act is introduced by the British House of Commons in London which envisages the separation of Canada into Lower Canada (Quebec) and Upper Canada (Ontario).
- 1791Vermont is admitted to the U.S. as the fourteenth state.
- 1804Castle Hill Rebellion: Irish convicts rebel against British colonial authority in the Colony of New South Wales.
- 1882Britain’s first electric trams run in east London.
- 1890The longest bridge in Great Britain, the Forth Rail Bridge in Scotland, measuring 1710 ft long, is opened by the Prince of Wales, who later becomes King Edward VII.
- 1899Cyclone Mahina sweeps in north of Cooktown, Queensland, with a 12 m wave that reaches up to 5 km inland, killing over 300.
- 1941World War II: The United Kingdom launches Operation Claymore on the Lofoten Islands.
- 1943World War II: The Battle of the Bismarck Sea in the South West Pacific comes to an end.
- 1957The S&P 500 stock market index is introduced, replacing the S&P 90.
- 1974People magazine is published for the first time.
Who were born on March 4?
- 1792Samuel Slocum, American inventor (d. 1861)
- 1936Robert Garrow, American serial killer (d. 1978)
- 1941Linda Obermoeller, American painter (d. 1990)
- 1942Christopher Shackle, retired Professor of Modern Languages of South Asia in the University of London
- 1969Matt Tilley, Australian radio personality and comedian
- 1975Julie Dibens, British triathlete
- 1976Jasin Thomason, American guitarist (The Ataris)
- 1977Christian Jessen, English doctor and television presenter
- 1979Paul Terry, English footballer
- 1991Diandra Newlin, American actress and fashion model
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.