March 4: Day of the Week
March 4, 2016 was the 64th day of the year 2016 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 302 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
March 4 Historical Event(s)
- 306Martyrdom of Saint Adrian of Nicomedia.
- 1665English King Charles II declares war on the Netherlands marking the start of the Second Anglo-Dutch War.
- 1789In New York City, the first Congress of the United States meets, putting the United States Constitution into effect.
- 1804Castle Hill Rebellion: Irish convicts rebel against British colonial authority in the Colony of New South Wales.
- 1814Americans defeat the British at the Battle of Longwoods between London, Ontario and Thamesville, near present-day Wardsville, Ontario.
- 1848Carlo Alberto di Savoia signs the Statuto Albertino that will later represent the first constitution of the Regno d'Italia
- 1941World War II: The United Kingdom launches Operation Claymore on the Lofoten Islands.
- 1977The 1977 Bucharest Earthquake in southern and eastern Europe kills more than 1,500.
- 1986The Soviet Vega 1 begins returning images of Halley’s Comet and the first images of its nucleus.
- 20014 March 2001 BBC bombing: a massive car bomb explodes in front of the BBC Television Centre in London, seriously injuring 1 person. The attack was attributed to the Real IRA.
Who were born on March 4?
- 1919Buck Baker, American racecar driver (d. 2002)
- 1926Henri de Contenson, French archaeologist and researcher
- 1942James Gustave Speth, American environmental lawyer and advocate
- 1944Glen Baxter, English cartoonist
- 1948Veljko Despot, Croatian music journalist and record business entrepreneur
- 1965Viktor Shapovalov, Russian auto racing driver
- 1970Caroline Vis, Dutch professional tennis player
- 1971Jovan Stanković, Serbian footballer
- 1986Bohdan Shust, Ukrainian footballer
- 1986Park Min Young, South Korean model and actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.