March 4: Day of the Week
March 4, 2017 was the 63rd day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 302 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get the Star Lovers Report and discover the secrets of a better relationship. Start to seize love opportunities in your life. Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention you can get a F-R-E-E sample? (Sponsored link)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. Use them to prosper in love, money, and career! Get your Pisces horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
March 4 Historical Event(s)
- 1152Frederick I Barbarossa is elected King of the Germans.
- 1519Hernan Cortes arrives in Mexico in search of the Aztec civilization and their wealth.
- 1848Carlo Alberto di Savoia signs the Statuto Albertino that will later represent the first constitution of the Regno d'Italia
- 1890The longest bridge in Great Britain, the Forth Rail Bridge in Scotland, measuring 1710 ft long, is opened by the Prince of Wales, who later becomes King Edward VII.
- 1933Frances Perkins becomes United States Secretary of Labor, the first female member of the United States Cabinet.
- 1933The Parliament of Austria is suspended because of a quibble over procedure – Chancellor Engelbert Dollfuss initiates an authoritarian rule by decree.
- 1943World War II: The Battle of the Bismarck Sea in the South West Pacific comes to an end.
- 1980Nationalist leader Robert Mugabe wins a sweeping election victory to become Zimbabwe’s first black prime minister.
- 20014 March 2001 BBC bombing: a massive car bomb explodes in front of the BBC Television Centre in London, seriously injuring 1 person. The attack was attributed to the Real IRA.
- 2002Afghanistan: Seven American Special Operations Forces soldiers are killed as they attempt to infiltrate the Shahi Kot Valley on a low-flying helicopter reconnaissance mission.
Who were born on March 4?
- 1906Fionn MacColla, Scottish novelist (d. 1975)
- 1935Nancy Whiskey, Scottish folk singer (d. 2003)
- 1936Jim Clark, OBE, Scottish racing driver (d. 1968)
- 1942Christopher Shackle, retired Professor of Modern Languages of South Asia in the University of London
- 1967Andreas Wistuba, German taxonomist and botanist
- 1972Nocturno Culto, Norwegian musician
- 1976Tommy Jönsson, Swedish football player
- 1978Jean-Marc Pelletier, American ice hockey player
- 1981Aketza Peña, Spanish road bicycle racer
- 1985Whitney Port, American reality television personality
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.