March 4: Day of the Week
March 4, 2015 was the 63rd day of the year 2015 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 302 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
March 4 Historical Event(s)
- 852Croatian Duke Trpimir I issues a statute, a document with the first known written mention of the Croats name in Croatian sources.
- 1238The Battle of the Sit River is fought in the northern part of the present-day Yaroslavl Oblast of Russia between the Mongol Hordes of Batu Khan and the Russians under Yuri II of Vladimir-Suzdal during the Mongol invasion of Russia.
- 1351Ramathibodi becomes King of Siam.
- 1493Explorer Christopher Columbus arrives back in Lisbon, Portugal, aboard his ship Niña from his voyage to what is now The Bahamas and other islands in the Caribbean.
- 1848Carlo Alberto di Savoia signs the Statuto Albertino that will later represent the first constitution of the Regno d'Italia
- 1909U.S. President William Taft used what became known as a Saxbe fix, a mechanism to avoid the restriction of the U.S. Constitution’s Ineligibility Clause, to appoint Philander C. Knox as U.S. Secretary of State
- 1941World War II: The United Kingdom launches Operation Claymore on the Lofoten Islands.
- 1983Bertha Wilson is appointed the first woman to sit on the Supreme Court of Canada.
- 2002Afghanistan: Seven American Special Operations Forces soldiers are killed as they attempt to infiltrate the Shahi Kot Valley on a low-flying helicopter reconnaissance mission.
- 2007Estonian parliamentary election, 2007: Approximately 30,000 voters take advantage of electronic voting in Estonia, the world’s first nationwide voting where part of the votecasting is allowed in the form of remote electronic voting via the Internet.
Who were born on March 4?
- 1913John H. Fremlin, English nuclear physicist (d. 1995)
- 1922Richard E. Cunha, American cinematographer and film director (d. 2005)
- 1934John Duffey, American bluegrass musician (d. 1996)
- 1954Adrian Zmed, American actor
- 1961Steven Weber, American actor
- 1965Stacy Edwards, American actress
- 1976Thierry Renaer, Belgian field hockey player
- 1979Geoff Huegill, Australian swimmer
- 1981Marie Delattre, French sprint canoer
- 1985Davey Morgan, American children’s book illustrator and professional photographer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.