March 4: Day of the Week
March 4, 2016 was the 64th day of the year 2016 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 302 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kin'yōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
March 4 Historical Event(s)
- 932Translation of the relics of martyr Wenceslaus I, Duke of Bohemia, Prince of the Czechs.
- 1351Ramathibodi becomes King of Siam.
- 1814Americans defeat the British at the Battle of Longwoods between London, Ontario and Thamesville, near present-day Wardsville, Ontario.
- 1848Carlo Alberto di Savoia signs the Statuto Albertino that will later represent the first constitution of the Regno d'Italia
- 1908The Collinwood School Fire, Collinwood near Cleveland, Ohio, kills 174 people.
- 1909U.S. President William Taft used what became known as a Saxbe fix, a mechanism to avoid the restriction of the U.S. Constitution’s Ineligibility Clause, to appoint Philander C. Knox as U.S. Secretary of State
- 1918The USS Cyclops departs from Barbados and is never seen again, presumably lost with all hands in the Bermuda Triangle.
- 1944World War II: After the success of Big Week, the USAAF begins a daylight bombing campaign of Berlin.
- 1945Lapland War: Finland declares war on Nazi Germany.
- 2009The International Criminal Court (ICC) issues an arrest warrant for Sudanese President Omar Hassan al-Bashir for war crimes and crimes against humanity in Darfur. Al-Bashir is the first sitting head of state to be indicted by the ICC since its establishment in 2002.
Who were born on March 4?
- 1702Jack Sheppard, English burglar and escapee (d. 1724)
- 1875Enrique Larreta, Argentine writer, academic, diplomat and art collector (d. 1961)
- 1893Adolph Lowe (born Adolf Löwe), German sociologist and economist (d. 1995)
- 1926Prince Dimitri Romanov, Russian prince, philanthropist and author
- 1928Alan Sillitoe, English writer (d. 2010)
- 1945Frank Novak, American actor
- 1972Buck 65, Canadian hip hop artist, MC and turntablist
- 1973Mark Lavine, West Indian cricketer (d. 2001)
- 1980Arash Markazi, American sportswriter
- 1990Maximiliano Oliva, Argentine footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.