March 6: Day of the Week
March 6, 2017 was the 65th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 300 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get the Star Lovers Report and discover the secrets of a better relationship. Start to seize love opportunities in your life. Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention you can get a F-R-E-E sample? (Sponsored link)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. Use them to prosper in love, money, and career! Get your Pisces horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
March 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1834York, Upper Canada is incorporated as Toronto.
- 1899Bayer registers aspirin as a trademark.
- 1921Portuguese Communist Party is founded as the Portuguese Section of the Communist International.
- 1953Georgy Maksimilianovich Malenkov succeeds Joseph Stalin as Premier of the Soviet Union and First Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union.
- 1957Ghana becomes the first Sub-Saharan country to gain Independence from the British
- 1964Constantine II becomes King of Greece.
- 1964Nation of Islam’s Elijah Muhammad officially gives boxing champion Cassius Clay the name Muhammad Ali.
- 1968Three black males are executed by Rhodesia, the first executions since UDI, prompting international condemnation.
- 1975For the first time, ever, the Zapruder film of the assassination of John F. Kennedy is shown in motion to a national TV audience by Robert J. Groden and Dick Gregory.
- 1988Three Provisional Irish Republican Army volunteers are killed by Special Air Service on the territory of Gibraltar in the conclusion of Operation Flavius.
Who were born on March 6?
- 1475Michelangelo, Italian artist and sculptor (d. 1564)
- 1663Francis Atterbury, British man of letters (d. 1732)
- 1817Princess Clémentine of Orléans (d. 1907)
- 1925Wes Montgomery, American musician (d. 1968)
- 1927Gabriel García Márquez, Colombian writer, Nobel Prize laureate
- 1944Mary Wilson, American singer (The Supremes)
- 1967Connie Britton, American actress
- 1979David Flair, American professional wrestler
- 1986Eli Marienthal, American actor
- 1992Momoko Tsugunaga, Japanese singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.