March 6: Day of the Week
March 6, 2017 is the 65th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 300 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
March 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1788The First Fleet arrives at Norfolk Island in order to found a convict settlement.
- 1840The Baltimore College of Dental Surgery opens, the first dental school.
- 1869Dmitri Mendeleev presents the first periodic table to the Russian Chemical Society.
- 1899Bayer registers aspirin as a trademark.
- 1921Portuguese Communist Party is founded as the Portuguese Section of the Communist International.
- 1930International Unemployment Day demonstrations globally initiated by the Comintern
- 1953Georgy Maksimilianovich Malenkov succeeds Joseph Stalin as Premier of the Soviet Union and First Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union.
- 1968The first of the East L.A. Walkouts take place at several high schools.
- 1970Blast at Weather Underground safe house in Greenwich Village kills three.
- 1988Three Provisional Irish Republican Army volunteers are killed by Special Air Service on the territory of Gibraltar in the conclusion of Operation Flavius.
Who were born on March 6?
- 1761Antoine-Francois Andreossy, French General (d. 1828)
- 1812Aaron Lufkin Dennison American watch manufacturer (d. 1895)
- 1932Bronisław Geremek, Polish social historian and politician.
- 1942Ben Murphy, American actor
- 1948Stephen Schwartz, American musical theatre lyricist and composer
- 1958Eddie Deezen, American actor
- 1959Tom Arnold, American actor and comedian
- 1973Michael Finley, American basketball player
- 1979Rufus Hound, British comedian
- 1987Hannah Taylor-Gordon, English actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.