March 9: Day of the Week
March 9, 2017 was the 68th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 297 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Mokuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
March 9 Historical Event(s)
- 1009First known mention of Lithuania, in the annals of the monastery of Quedlinburg.
- 1566David Rizzio, private secretary to Mary, Queen of Scots, is murdered in the Palace of Holyroodhouse, Edinburgh, Scotland.
- 1796Napoléon Bonaparte marries his first wife, Joséphine de Beauharnais.
- 1841The U.S. Supreme Court rules that captive Africans who had seized control of the ship carrying them had been taken into slavery illegally.
- 1896Prime Minister Francesco Crispi resigns following the Italian defeat at the Battle of Adowa.
- 1925Pink’s War: The first Royal Air Force operation conducted independently of the British Army or Royal Navy begins.
- 1944The Soviet Air Forces conduct heavy bombing on Tallinn, Estonia, killing up to 800 people, mostly civilians.
- 1945The Bombing of Tokyo by the United States Army Air Forces began, one of the most destructive bombing raids in history.
- 1954McCarthyism: CBS television broadcasts the See It Now episode, “A Report on Senator Joseph McCarthy”, produced by Fred Friendly.
- 1989Financially-troubled Eastern Air Lines filed for bankruptcy.
Who were born on March 9?
- 1945Dennis Rader, American serial killer
- 1949Jamie Lyn Bauer, American actress
- 1949Tapani Kansa, Finnish singer
- 1958Linda Fiorentino, American actress
- 1965Benito Santiago, Puerto Rican baseball player
- 1965Brian Bosworth, American football player
- 1966Brendan Canty, American musician (Fugazi)
- 1969Rob Dukes, American musician (Exodus)
- 1976Thor Halvorssen Mendoza, Venezuelan human rights activist
- 1977Yamila Diaz-Rahi, Argentine supermodel
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.