March 9: Day of the Week
March 9, 2017 was the 68th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 297 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get the Star Lovers Report and discover the secrets of a better relationship. Start to seize love opportunities in your life. Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention you can get a F-R-E-E sample? (Sponsored link)
Here’s the March calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Pisces is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for this month. Jade is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. Use them to prosper in love, money, and career! Get your Pisces horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
March 9 Historical Event(s)
- 141 BCLiu Che, posthumously known as Emperor Wu of Han, assumes the throne over the Han Dynasty of China.
- 1230Bulgarian tsar Ivan Asen II defeats Theodore of Epirus in the Battle of Klokotnitsa.
- 1811Paraguayan forces defeat Manuel Belgrano at the Battle of Tacuarí.
- 1842Giuseppe Verdi’s third opera, Nabucco, receives its première performance in Milan; its success establishes Verdi as one of Italy’s foremost opera writers.
- 1956Soviet military suppresses a mass demonstrations in the Georgian SSR, reacting to Nikita Khrushchev’s de-Stalinization policy.
- 1960Dr. Belding Hibbard Scribner implants for the first time a shunt he invented into a patient, which allows the patient to receive hemodialysis on a regular basis.
- 1961Sputnik 9 successfully launches, carrying a human dummy nicknamed Ivan Ivanovich, and demonstrating that Soviet Union was ready to begin human spaceflight.
- 1989Financially-troubled Eastern Air Lines filed for bankruptcy.
- 2010The first same-sex marriages in Washington, D.C., take place.
- 2011Space Shuttle Discovery makes its final landing after 39 flights.
Who were born on March 9?
- 1887Fritz Lenz, German geneticist (d. 1976)
- 1890Vyacheslav Molotov, Russian politician (d. 1986)
- 1892Vita Sackville-West, English writer and gardener (d. 1962)
- 1923James L. Buckley, American politician
- 1929Zillur Rahman, President of Bangladesh.
- 1932Keely Smith, American singer
- 1941Ernesto Miranda, American litigant (d. 1976)
- 1945Robert Calvert, English singer (Hawkwind) (d. 1988)
- 1948Emma Bonino, Italian politician
- 1950Danny Sullivan, American race car driver
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.