You’re probably looking for a day of the week calculator. Chances are you have a date in mind and you want to find out what day of the week it was. You’re in luck! This nifty little website will help you solve your problem. Let’s face it, it’s not easy to find an old calendar just to find out what day of the week a particular day is.
It’s also possible that you might be asking the question: “What day of the week was I born?” Whatever your reason is, you’ll get the days of the week you are looking for.
As an added bonus, this website utilizes pages from Wikipedia to extract historical events and birthday of popular individuals. This is useful if you’re creating a scrapbook and you want to know some important events that took place about a particular day.
This website is using the Gregorian calendar system as the basis for computing the day of the week. Dates before 1752 in some European countries were recorded as a Julian calendar date such as the one engraved in the above picture of a church tower in Salisbury, a city in England. (Photo credit: Alan Clarke) Just for fun. Try entering the date you see in the above picture and verify the day of the week.
Here are some interesting facts about the Julian and Gregorian calendars. When the Calendar Act was implemented in Britain, on September 2, 1752 the Britons slept using the old Julian calendar and woke up the following morning using the Gregorian calendar but it suddenly became September 14, 1752. They skipped 11 days overnight. Some neighboring countries made the switch to Gregorian calendar a few centuries earlier while others a few centuries later. For example, the Russians only adopted the Gregorian calendar in 1918. The Greeks did not switch to it until 1923 and they have to skip 13 days instead of just 11 days.
Now, let us begin with today’s date. You may also enter a specific day using the form on the top bar. The year is optional and this website will use the current year if it is not given. All date and time computations are based on the server’s current date and time which is Saturday, July 23, 2016 04:55:57 PM UTC.
July 23: Day of the Week
July 23, 2016 is the 205th day of the year 2016 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 161 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is samedi.
Here’s the July calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Leo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Ruby is the modern birthstone for this month. Ruby is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
July 23 Historical Event(s)
- 1881The Boundary treaty of 1881 between Chile and Argentina is signed in Buenos Aires.
- 1952General Muhammad Naguib leads the Free Officers Movement (formed by Gamal Abdel Nasser, the real power behind the coup) in overthrowing King Farouk of Egypt.
- 1970Qaboos ibn Sa’id becomes Sultan of Oman after overthrowing his father, Sa’id ibn Taimur initiating massive reforms ;modernisation programs and end to a decade long civil war.
- 1972The United States launch Landsat 1, the first Earth-resources satellite.
- 1988General Ne Win, effective ruler of Burma since 1962, resigns after pro-democracy protests.
Who were born on July 23?
- 1936Anthony Kennedy, American Supreme Court Justice
- 1938Juliet Anderson, American pornographic actress (d. 2010)
- 1951Edie McClurg, American actress
- 1965Slash, English-born American guitarist (Guns N' Roses)
- 1974Sonny Siaki, Samoan professional wrestler
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.