October 25, 1944: Day of the Week
October 25, 1944 was the 299th day of the year 1944 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 67 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
A person born on this day will be 71 years old today. If that same person saved a Nickel every day starting at age 3, then by now that person has accumulated $1,258.65 today. That is, assuming this person is still alive and kicking.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October 1944 calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly 1944 calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Monkey is the mythical animal and Wood is the element for a person born on this day if we consider the very old art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac).
October 25, 1944 Historical Event(s)
- 1944Battle of Leyte Gulf, the largest naval battle in history, takes place in and around the Philippines between the Imperial Japanese Navy and the U.S. Third and U.S. Seventh Fleets.
- 1944Heinrich Himmler orders a crackdown on the Edelweiss Pirates, a loosely organized youth culture in Nazi Germany that had assisted army deserters and others to hide from the Third Reich.
- 1944The Romanian Army liberates Carei, the last Romanian city under Axis Powers occupation.
- 1944The USS Tang under Richard O'Kane (the top American submarine captain of World War II) is sunk by the ship’s own malfunctioning torpedo.
Who were born on October 25, 1944?
- 1944James Carville, American political strategist and commentator
- 1944Jon Anderson, English singer (Yes)
- 1944Kati Kovács, Hungarian singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.