Are you not curious to find out some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your birth and which celebrity shares your special day! (Sponsored link)
1810 Historical Event(s)
- May 25, 1810 – May Revolution: citizens of Buenos Aires expel Viceroy Baltasar Hidalgo de Cisneros during the May week, starting the Argentine War of Independence.
- June 7, 1810 – The newspaper Gazeta de Buenos Ayres is first published in Argentina.
- June 23, 1810 – John Jacob Astor forms the Pacific Fur Company.
- July 9, 1810 – Napoleon annexes the Kingdom of Holland as part of the First French Empire.
- August 9, 1810 – Napoleon annexes Westphalia as part of the First French Empire.
- August 21, 1810 – Jean-Baptiste Bernadotte, Marshal of France, is elected Crown Prince of Sweden by the Swedish Riksdag of the Estates.
- August 26, 1810 – The former viceroy Santiago de Liniers is executed after the defeat of his counter-revolution.
- September 8, 1810 – The Tonquin sets sail from New York Harbor with 33 employees of John Jacob Astor’s newly created Pacific Fur Company on board. After a six-month journey around the tip of South America, the ship arrives at the mouth of the Columbia River and Astor’s men establish the fur-trading town of Astoria, Oregon.
- October 12, 1810 – First Oktoberfest: The Bavarian royalty invites the citizens of Munich to join the celebration of the marriage of Crown Prince Ludwig of Bavaria to Princess Therese von Sachsen-Hildburghausen.
- October 27, 1810 – United States annexes the former Spanish colony of West Florida.
Who Were Born On 1810?
- January 3, 1810 – Antoine Thomson d'Abbadie, French geographer (d. 1897)
- January 29, 1810 – Ernst Kummer, German mathematician (d. 1893)
- March 1, 1810 – Frédéric Chopin, Polish composer (d. 1849)
- May 2, 1810 – Hans Christian Lumbye, Danish composer (d. 1874)
- May 10, 1810 – Ebenezer Cobham Brewer, British lexicographer (d. 1897)
- May 23, 1810 – Margaret Fuller, American journalist and feminist (d. 1850)
- May 24, 1810 – Abraham Geiger, German rabbi and scholar (d. 1874)
- August 10, 1810 – Count Camillo Benso di Cavour, Italian diplomat and politician (d. 1861)
- November 18, 1810 – Asa Gray, American botanist (d. 1888)
- December 25, 1810 – Alexandros Rhizos Rhankaves, Greek poet and statesman (d. 1892)