Are you not curious to find out some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your birth and which celebrity shares your special day! (Sponsored link)
1810 Historical Event(s)
- January 10, 1810 – Napoleon divorces his first wife Joséphine.
- February 5, 1810 – Peninsular War: Siege of Cádiz begins.
- April 19, 1810 – Venezuela achieves home rule: Vicente Emparan, Governor of the Captaincy General is removed by the people of Caracas and a junta is installed.
- April 27, 1810 – Beethoven composes his famous piano piece, Für Elise.
- May 25, 1810 – May Revolution: citizens of Buenos Aires expel Viceroy Baltasar Hidalgo de Cisneros during the May week, starting the Argentine War of Independence.
- August 9, 1810 – Napoleon annexes Westphalia as part of the First French Empire.
- August 26, 1810 – The former viceroy Santiago de Liniers is executed after the defeat of his counter-revolution.
- August 27, 1810 – Napoleonic Wars: The French Navy defeats the British Royal Navy, preventing them from taking the harbour of Grand Port on Île de France.
- September 18, 1810 – First Government Junta in Chile. Though supposed to rule only in the absence of the king, it is in fact the first step towards independence from Spain, and is commemorated as such.
- September 26, 1810 – A new Act of Succession is adopted by the Riksdag of the Estates and Jean Baptiste Bernadotte becomes heir to the Swedish throne.
Who Were Born On 1810?
- February 5, 1810 – Ole Bull, Norwegian violinist (d. 1880)
- March 2, 1810 – Pope Leo XIII (d. 1903)
- May 10, 1810 – Ebenezer Cobham Brewer, British lexicographer (d. 1897)
- June 6, 1810 – Friedrich Wilhelm Schneidewin, German classical scholar (d. 1856)
- June 8, 1810 – Robert Schumann, German composer (d. 1856)
- June 9, 1810 – Otto Nicolai, German composer (d. 1849)
- October 19, 1810 – Cassius Clay, American abolitionist (d. 1903)
- December 7, 1810 – Josef Hyrtl, Austrian anatomist (d. 1894)
- December 24, 1810 – Wilhelm Marstrand, Danish painter (d. 1873)