Are you not curious to find out some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your birth and which celebrity shares your special day! (Sponsored link)
1810 Historical Event(s)
- January 1, 1810 – Major-General Lachlan Macquarie CB officially becomes Governor of New South Wales
- January 10, 1810 – Napoleon divorces his first wife Joséphine.
- April 20, 1810 – The Governor of Caracas declares independence from Spain.
- April 27, 1810 – Beethoven composes his famous piano piece, Für Elise.
- June 23, 1810 – John Jacob Astor forms the Pacific Fur Company.
- August 21, 1810 – Jean-Baptiste Bernadotte, Marshal of France, is elected Crown Prince of Sweden by the Swedish Riksdag of the Estates.
- September 8, 1810 – The Tonquin sets sail from New York Harbor with 33 employees of John Jacob Astor’s newly created Pacific Fur Company on board. After a six-month journey around the tip of South America, the ship arrives at the mouth of the Columbia River and Astor’s men establish the fur-trading town of Astoria, Oregon.
- October 12, 1810 – First Oktoberfest: The Bavarian royalty invites the citizens of Munich to join the celebration of the marriage of Crown Prince Ludwig of Bavaria to Princess Therese von Sachsen-Hildburghausen.
- October 27, 1810 – United States annexes the former Spanish colony of West Florida.
- November 17, 1810 – Sweden declares war on its ally the United Kingdom to begin the Anglo-Swedish War, although no fighting ever takes place.
Who Were Born On 1810?
- January 10, 1810 – Jeremiah S. Black, American jurist & statesman; 24th United States Attorney General; and 23rd United States Secretary of State (d. 1883)
- May 2, 1810 – Hans Christian Lumbye, Danish composer (d. 1874)
- May 10, 1810 – Ebenezer Cobham Brewer, British lexicographer (d. 1897)
- May 24, 1810 – Charles Clark, 24th Governor of Mississippi (d. 1877)
- June 8, 1810 – Robert Schumann, German composer (d. 1856)
- June 9, 1810 – Otto Nicolai, German composer (d. 1849)
- December 7, 1810 – Josef Hyrtl, Austrian anatomist (d. 1894)
- December 25, 1810 – Alexandros Rhizos Rhankaves, Greek poet and statesman (d. 1892)