Are you not curious to find out some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your birth and which celebrity shares your special day! (Sponsored link)
1810 Historical Event(s)
- January 1, 1810 – Major-General Lachlan Macquarie CB officially becomes Governor of New South Wales
- February 5, 1810 – Peninsular War: Siege of Cádiz begins.
- February 20, 1810 – Andreas Hofer, Tirolean patriot and leader of rebellion against Napoleon’s forces, is executed.
- April 20, 1810 – The Governor of Caracas declares independence from Spain.
- June 7, 1810 – The newspaper Gazeta de Buenos Ayres is first published in Argentina.
- July 20, 1810 – Citizens of Bogotá, New Granada declare independence from Spain.
- September 8, 1810 – The Tonquin sets sail from New York Harbor with 33 employees of John Jacob Astor’s newly created Pacific Fur Company on board. After a six-month journey around the tip of South America, the ship arrives at the mouth of the Columbia River and Astor’s men establish the fur-trading town of Astoria, Oregon.
- September 16, 1810 – With the Grito de Dolores, Father Miguel Hidalgo begins Mexico’s fight for independence from Spain.
- September 18, 1810 – First Government Junta in Chile. Though supposed to rule only in the absence of the king, it is in fact the first step towards independence from Spain, and is commemorated as such.
- September 26, 1810 – A new Act of Succession is adopted by the Riksdag of the Estates and Jean Baptiste Bernadotte becomes heir to the Swedish throne.
Who Were Born On 1810?
- January 10, 1810 – Jeremiah S. Black, American jurist & statesman; 24th United States Attorney General; and 23rd United States Secretary of State (d. 1883)
- January 12, 1810 – King Ferdinand II of the Two Sicilies (d. 1859)
- February 5, 1810 – Ole Bull, Norwegian violinist (d. 1880)
- May 10, 1810 – Ebenezer Cobham Brewer, British lexicographer (d. 1897)
- May 24, 1810 – Charles Clark, 24th Governor of Mississippi (d. 1877)
- June 6, 1810 – Friedrich Wilhelm Schneidewin, German classical scholar (d. 1856)
- June 17, 1810 – Ferdinand Freiligrath, German writer (d. 1876)
- August 29, 1810 – Juan Bautista Alberdi, Argentinian politician, writer and Constitution main promoter (d. 1884)
- September 29, 1810 – Elizabeth Gaskell, British novelist (d. 1865)
- November 10, 1810 – George Jennings, English sanitary engineer (d. 1882)