Are you not curious to find out some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your birth and which celebrity shares your special day! (Sponsored link)
1810 Historical Event(s)
- January 10, 1810 – Napoleon divorces his first wife Joséphine.
- February 4, 1810 – The Royal Navy seizes Guadeloupe.
- April 19, 1810 – Venezuela achieves home rule: Vicente Emparan, Governor of the Captaincy General is removed by the people of Caracas and a junta is installed.
- May 25, 1810 – May Revolution: citizens of Buenos Aires expel Viceroy Baltasar Hidalgo de Cisneros during the May week, starting the Argentine War of Independence.
- August 9, 1810 – Napoleon annexes Westphalia as part of the First French Empire.
- August 26, 1810 – The former viceroy Santiago de Liniers is executed after the defeat of his counter-revolution.
- August 27, 1810 – Napoleonic Wars: The French Navy defeats the British Royal Navy, preventing them from taking the harbour of Grand Port on Île de France.
- August 28, 1810 – Battle of Grand Port – the French accept the surrender of a British Navy fleet.
- September 18, 1810 – First Government Junta in Chile. Though supposed to rule only in the absence of the king, it is in fact the first step towards independence from Spain, and is commemorated as such.
- November 17, 1810 – Sweden declares war on its ally the United Kingdom to begin the Anglo-Swedish War, although no fighting ever takes place.
Who Were Born On 1810?
- March 2, 1810 – Pope Leo XIII (d. 1903)
- March 27, 1810 – William Hepworth Thompson, English classical scholar (d. 1886)
- May 23, 1810 – Margaret Fuller, American journalist and feminist (d. 1850)
- May 24, 1810 – Abraham Geiger, German rabbi and scholar (d. 1874)
- June 6, 1810 – Friedrich Wilhelm Schneidewin, German classical scholar (d. 1856)
- July 5, 1810 – P.T. Barnum, American circus owner (d. 1891)
- August 29, 1810 – Juan Bautista Alberdi, Argentinian politician, writer and Constitution main promoter (d. 1884)
- October 19, 1810 – Cassius Clay, American abolitionist (d. 1903)
- November 10, 1810 – George Jennings, English sanitary engineer (d. 1882)
- November 30, 1810 – Oliver Winchester, American gunsmith (d. 1880)