Are you not curious to find out some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your birth and which celebrity shares your special day! (Sponsored link)
1810 Historical Event(s)
- January 1, 1810 – Major-General Lachlan Macquarie CB officially becomes Governor of New South Wales
- February 4, 1810 – The Royal Navy seizes Guadeloupe.
- February 20, 1810 – Andreas Hofer, Tirolean patriot and leader of rebellion against Napoleon’s forces, is executed.
- April 20, 1810 – The Governor of Caracas declares independence from Spain.
- May 25, 1810 – May Revolution: citizens of Buenos Aires expel Viceroy Baltasar Hidalgo de Cisneros during the May week, starting the Argentine War of Independence.
- June 23, 1810 – John Jacob Astor forms the Pacific Fur Company.
- July 9, 1810 – Napoleon annexes the Kingdom of Holland as part of the First French Empire.
- August 21, 1810 – Jean-Baptiste Bernadotte, Marshal of France, is elected Crown Prince of Sweden by the Swedish Riksdag of the Estates.
- September 8, 1810 – The Tonquin sets sail from New York Harbor with 33 employees of John Jacob Astor’s newly created Pacific Fur Company on board. After a six-month journey around the tip of South America, the ship arrives at the mouth of the Columbia River and Astor’s men establish the fur-trading town of Astoria, Oregon.
- September 18, 1810 – First Government Junta in Chile. Though supposed to rule only in the absence of the king, it is in fact the first step towards independence from Spain, and is commemorated as such.
Who Were Born On 1810?
- January 3, 1810 – Antoine Thomson d'Abbadie, French geographer (d. 1897)
- March 1, 1810 – Frédéric Chopin, Polish composer (d. 1849)
- May 2, 1810 – Hans Christian Lumbye, Danish composer (d. 1874)
- May 24, 1810 – Charles Clark, 24th Governor of Mississippi (d. 1877)
- August 29, 1810 – Juan Bautista Alberdi, Argentinian politician, writer and Constitution main promoter (d. 1884)
- September 3, 1810 – Paul Kane, Canadian painter (d. 1871)
- September 29, 1810 – Elizabeth Gaskell, British novelist (d. 1865)
- October 19, 1810 – Cassius Clay, American abolitionist (d. 1903)
- December 11, 1810 – Alfred de Musset, French poet (d. 1857)
- December 25, 1810 – Alexandros Rhizos Rhankaves, Greek poet and statesman (d. 1892)