Are you not curious to find out some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your birth and which celebrity shares your special day! (Sponsored link)
1810 Historical Event(s)
- January 1, 1810 – Major-General Lachlan Macquarie CB officially becomes Governor of New South Wales
- April 19, 1810 – Venezuela achieves home rule: Vicente Emparan, Governor of the Captaincy General is removed by the people of Caracas and a junta is installed.
- April 20, 1810 – The Governor of Caracas declares independence from Spain.
- May 25, 1810 – May Revolution: citizens of Buenos Aires expel Viceroy Baltasar Hidalgo de Cisneros during the May week, starting the Argentine War of Independence.
- July 4, 1810 – The French occupy Amsterdam.
- July 9, 1810 – Napoleon annexes the Kingdom of Holland as part of the First French Empire.
- August 26, 1810 – The former viceroy Santiago de Liniers is executed after the defeat of his counter-revolution.
- September 18, 1810 – First Government Junta in Chile. Though supposed to rule only in the absence of the king, it is in fact the first step towards independence from Spain, and is commemorated as such.
- September 26, 1810 – A new Act of Succession is adopted by the Riksdag of the Estates and Jean Baptiste Bernadotte becomes heir to the Swedish throne.
- October 12, 1810 – First Oktoberfest: The Bavarian royalty invites the citizens of Munich to join the celebration of the marriage of Crown Prince Ludwig of Bavaria to Princess Therese von Sachsen-Hildburghausen.
Who Were Born On 1810?
- March 1, 1810 – Frédéric Chopin, Polish composer (d. 1849)
- April 21, 1810 – John Putnam Chapin, American politician (d. 1864)
- May 23, 1810 – Margaret Fuller, American journalist and feminist (d. 1850)
- May 24, 1810 – Abraham Geiger, German rabbi and scholar (d. 1874)
- June 17, 1810 – Ferdinand Freiligrath, German writer (d. 1876)
- July 21, 1810 – Henri Victor Regnault, French chemist (d. 1878)
- September 3, 1810 – Paul Kane, Canadian painter (d. 1871)
- November 10, 1810 – George Jennings, English sanitary engineer (d. 1882)
- December 11, 1810 – Alfred de Musset, French poet (d. 1857)