Are you not curious to find out some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your birth and which celebrity shares your special day! (Sponsored link)
1922 Historical Event(s)
- January 28, 1922 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Dog in Chinese astrology.
- February 8, 1922 – President Warren G. Harding introduces the first radio in the White House.
- February 9, 1922 – Brazil becomes a member of the Berne Convention copyright treaty.
- February 27, 1922 – A challenge to the Nineteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution, allowing women the right to vote, is rebuffed by the Supreme Court of the United States in Leser v. Garnett.
- February 28, 1922 – The United Kingdom ends its protectorate over Egypt through a Unilateral Declaration of Independence.
- September 7, 1922 – In Aydin, Turkey, independence of Aydin, from Greek occupation.
- September 18, 1922 – Hungary is admitted to League of Nations.
- October 18, 1922 – The British Broadcasting Company (later Corporation) is founded by a consortium, to establish a nationwide network of radio transmitters to provide a national broadcasting service.
- November 26, 1922 – Toll of the Sea debuts as the first general release film to use two-tone Technicolor (The Gulf Between is the first film to do so but it is not widely distributed).
- December 30, 1922 – The Union of Soviet Socialist Republics is formed.
Who Were Born On 1922?
- March 16, 1922 – Harding Lemay, American television scriptwriter and playwright
- April 7, 1922 – Mongo Santamaria, Cuban musician (d. 2003)
- April 22, 1922 – Charles Mingus, American musician (d. 1979)
- May 13, 1922 – Otl Aicher, German graphic designer (d. 1991)
- June 3, 1922 – Alain Resnais, French director
- July 7, 1922 – Pierre Cardin, French fashion designer
- September 1, 1922 – Vittorio Gassman, Italian actor (d. 2000)
- September 17, 1922 – Agostinho Neto, Angolan politician (d. 1979)
- October 4, 1922 – Malcolm Baldrige, 26th United States Secretary of Commerce (d. 1987)
- November 5, 1922 – Cecil Underwood, American politician (d. 2008)