Are you good at remembering dates like birthdays? Train your brain if you are not born with superior ability to memorize. Try this free brain game & improve your memory! (Sponsored link)
1922 Historical Event(s)
- January 28, 1922 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Dog in Chinese astrology.
- February 27, 1922 – A challenge to the Nineteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution, allowing women the right to vote, is rebuffed by the Supreme Court of the United States in Leser v. Garnett.
- April 3, 1922 – Joseph Stalin becomes the first General Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union.
- August 22, 1922 – Michael Collins, Commander-in-Chief of the Irish Free State Army is shot dead during an Anti-Treaty ambush at Béal na mBláth, County Cork, during the Irish Civil War.
- August 29, 1922 – The first radio advertisement is broadcast on WEAF-AM in New York City.
- September 11, 1922 – The British Mandate of Palestine begins.
- September 13, 1922 – The temperature at 'Aziziya, Libya reaches a world record 57.8 °C.
- September 18, 1922 – Hungary is admitted to League of Nations.
- October 29, 1922 – The King of Italy, Victor Emmanuel III, appoints Benito Mussolini as Prime Minister.
- December 27, 1922 – Japanese aircraft carrier Hōshō becomes the first purpose built aircraft carrier to be commissioned in the world.
Who Were Born On 1922?
- January 17, 1922 – Luis Echeverría Álvarez, Mexican President of Mexico
- January 29, 1922 – Gerda Steinhoff, Nazi concentration camp supervisor (d. 1946)
- February 22, 1922 – Marshall Teague, American race car driver (d. 1959)
- March 7, 1922 – Olga Aleksandrovna Ladyzhenskaya, Russian mathematician (d. 2004)
- September 16, 1922 – Janis Paige, American actress
- September 19, 1922 – Damon Knight, American writer (d. 2002)
- October 5, 1922 – José Froilán González, Argentine race car driver
- November 25, 1922 – Shelagh Fraser, British actress (d. 2000)
- December 2, 1922 – Iakovos Kambanelis, Greek poet, playwright, lyricist, and novelist