Are you not curious to find out some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your birth and which celebrity shares your special day! (Sponsored link)
1922 Historical Event(s)
- January 28, 1922 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Dog in Chinese astrology.
- February 2, 1922 – Ulysses by James Joyce is published.
- February 27, 1922 – A challenge to the Nineteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution, allowing women the right to vote, is rebuffed by the Supreme Court of the United States in Leser v. Garnett.
- February 28, 1922 – The United Kingdom ends its protectorate over Egypt through a Unilateral Declaration of Independence.
- July 20, 1922 – The League of Nations awards mandates of Togoland to France and Tanganyika to the United Kingdom.
- August 2, 1922 – A typhoon hits Shantou, Republic of China killing more than 50,000 people.
- September 11, 1922 – One of the Herald Sun of Melbourne, Australia’s predecessor papers The Sun News-Pictorial is founded.
- September 13, 1922 – The temperature at 'Aziziya, Libya reaches a world record 57.8 °C.
- October 18, 1922 – The British Broadcasting Company (later Corporation) is founded by a consortium, to establish a nationwide network of radio transmitters to provide a national broadcasting service.
- November 4, 1922 – In Egypt, British archaeologist Howard Carter and his men find the entrance to Pharaoh Tutankhamun’s tomb in the Valley of the Kings.
Who Were Born On 1922?
- January 8, 1922 – Abbey Simon, American pianist
- January 17, 1922 – Nicholas Katzenbach, American jurist and 65th United States Attorney General
- February 18, 1922 – Connie Wisniewski, American baseball player [AAGPBL] (d. 1995)
- February 24, 1922 – Steven Hill, American actor
- April 5, 1922 – Tom Finney, English footballer
- April 9, 1922 – Carl Amery, German writer (d. 2005)
- June 9, 1922 – George Axelrod, American producer, playwright and director (d. 2003)
- August 30, 1922 – Regina Resnik, American mezzo-soprano
- September 30, 1922 – Alan Stretton, Australian general
- December 8, 1922 – Jean Ritchie, American folk singer