Are you not curious to find out some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your birth and which celebrity shares your special day! (Sponsored link)
1922 Historical Event(s)
- January 28, 1922 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Dog in Chinese astrology.
- February 27, 1922 – A challenge to the Nineteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution, allowing women the right to vote, is rebuffed by the Supreme Court of the United States in Leser v. Garnett.
- March 10, 1922 – Mahatma Gandhi is arrested in India, tried for sedition, and sentenced to six years in prison, only to be released after nearly two years for an appendicitis operation.
- May 30, 1922 – In Washington, D.C. the Lincoln Memorial is dedicated.
- June 1, 1922 – The Royal Ulster Constabulary is founded.
- June 29, 1922 – France grants 1 km² at Vimy Ridge “freely, and for all time, to the Government of Canada, the free use of the land exempt from all taxes”.
- June 30, 1922 – In Washington D.C., U.S. Secretary of State Charles Evans Hughes and Dominican Ambassador Francisco J. Peynado sign the Hughes-Peynado agreement, which ends the United States occupation of the Dominican Republic.
- July 9, 1922 – Johnny Weissmuller swims the 100 meters freestyle in 58.6 seconds breaking the world swimming record and the 'minute barrier'.
- October 18, 1922 – The British Broadcasting Company (later Corporation) is founded by a consortium, to establish a nationwide network of radio transmitters to provide a national broadcasting service.
- December 9, 1922 – Gabriel Narutowicz is announced the first president of Poland.
Who Were Born On 1922?
- January 8, 1922 – Abbey Simon, American pianist
- January 10, 1922 – Billy Liddell, Scottish Footballer (d. 2001)
- January 20, 1922 – Graham Stark, British actor
- February 18, 1922 – Joe Tipton, American baseball player (d. 1994)
- April 15, 1922 – Michael Ansara, Syrian-American actor
- May 7, 1922 – Joe O'Donnell, American documentary photographer and photojournalist (d. 2007)
- September 12, 1922 – Jackson Mac Low, American poet, performance artist, composer and playwright(d. 2004)
- October 1, 1922 – Kim Ki-young, South Korean film director (d. 1998)
- November 5, 1922 – Cecil Underwood, American politician (d. 2008)
- December 8, 1922 – Lucian Freud, English painter (d. 2011)