Hey! How’s your career today? Get the Career Analysis Report and get insights about your professional working life. Find out the circumstances that shape your professional life to improve your earning power. Start to seize career opportunities today! (Sponsored link)
1925 Historical Event(s)
- January 24, 1925 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Ox in Chinese astrology.
- February 2, 1925 – Serum run to Nome: Dog sleds reach Nome, Alaska with diphtheria serum, inspiring the Iditarod race.
- February 21, 1925 – The New Yorker publishes its first issue.
- April 26, 1925 – Paul von Hindenburg defeats Wilhelm Marx in the second round of the German presidential election to become the first directly elected head of state of the Weimar Republic.
- May 1, 1925 – The first Ritual of the Calling of an Engineer is held at the University of Toronto, Canada.
- May 25, 1925 – Scopes Trial: John T. Scopes is indicted for teaching Charles Darwin’s theory of evolution.
- June 10, 1925 – Inaugural service for the United Church of Canada, a union of Presbyterian, Methodist, and Congregationalist churches, held in the Toronto Arena.
- September 3, 1925 – USS Shenandoah (ZR-1), the United States’ first American-built rigid airship, was destroyed in a squall line over Noble County, Ohio. Fourteen of her 42-man crew perished, including her commander, Zachary Lansdowne.
- October 30, 1925 – John Logie Baird creates Britain’s first television transmitter.
- December 11, 1925 – Roman Catholic papal encyclical Quas Primas introduces the Feast of Christ the King.
Who Were Born On 1925?
- April 10, 1925 – Linda Goodman, American astrologer (d. 1995)
- April 12, 1925 – Joe Bowman, American sharpshooter, Hollywood consultant, bootmaker & master showman (d. 2009)
- May 4, 1925 – Maurice R. Greenberg, American businessman
- June 1, 1925 – Marie Knight, American gospel singer (d. 2009)
- June 19, 1925 – Charlie Drake, British actor, writer and singer (d. 2006)
- June 29, 1925 – Giorgio Napolitano, Italian politician, 11th President of the Republic
- August 23, 1925 – Robert Mulligan, American film director (d. 2008)
- August 26, 1925 – Sangharakshita, Indian religious figure
- September 28, 1925 – Cromwell Everson, South African composer (d. 1991)
- October 13, 1925 – Lenny Bruce, American comedian (d. 1966)