Are you not curious to find out some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your birth and which celebrity shares your special day! (Sponsored link)
1925 Historical Event(s)
- January 24, 1925 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Ox in Chinese astrology.
- January 30, 1925 – The Government of Turkey throws Patriarch Constantine VI out of Istanbul.
- February 2, 1925 – Serum run to Nome: Dog sleds reach Nome, Alaska with diphtheria serum, inspiring the Iditarod race.
- March 21, 1925 – Syngman Rhee is removed from office after being impeached as the President of the Provisional Government of the Republic of Korea.
- April 26, 1925 – Paul von Hindenburg defeats Wilhelm Marx in the second round of the German presidential election to become the first directly elected head of state of the Weimar Republic.
- May 1, 1925 – The All-China Federation of Trade Unions is officially founded. Today it is the largest trade union in the world, with 134 million members.
- June 10, 1925 – Inaugural service for the United Church of Canada, a union of Presbyterian, Methodist, and Congregationalist churches, held in the Toronto Arena.
- July 25, 1925 – Telegraph Agency of the Soviet Union (TASS) is established.
- September 3, 1925 – USS Shenandoah (ZR-1), the United States’ first American-built rigid airship, was destroyed in a squall line over Noble County, Ohio. Fourteen of her 42-man crew perished, including her commander, Zachary Lansdowne.
- December 26, 1925 – Turkey adopts the Gregorian Calendar.
Who Were Born On 1925?
- January 12, 1925 – Scottie MacGregor, American actress
- February 8, 1925 – Jack Lemmon, American actor and film director (d. 2001)
- February 12, 1925 – Sir Anthony Berry, British politician (d. 1984)
- February 22, 1925 – Edward Gorey, American illustrator (d. 2000)
- April 11, 1925 – Pierre Péladeau, Canadian businessman (d. 1997)
- April 25, 1925 – Kay E. Kuter, American actor (d. 2003)
- April 30, 1925 – Johnny Horton, American musician (d. 1960)
- May 25, 1925 – Don Liddle, American baseball player (d. 2000)
- December 13, 1925 – Dick Van Dyke, American actor and comedian