Are you not curious to find out some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your birth and which celebrity shares your special day! (Sponsored link)
1934 Historical Event(s)
- January 28, 1934 – The first ski tow in the United States begins operation in Vermont.
- February 6, 1934 – Far right leagues rally in front of the Palais Bourbon in an attempted coup against the French Third Republic, creating a political crisis in France.
- February 14, 1934 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Dog in Chinese astrology.
- March 26, 1934 – The driving test is introduced in the United Kingdom.
- April 21, 1934 – The “Surgeon’s Photograph”, the most famous photo allegedly showing the Loch Ness Monster, is published in the Daily Mail (in 1999, it is revealed to be a hoax).
- June 6, 1934 – New Deal: U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt signs the Securities Act of 1933 into law, establishing the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- July 20, 1934 – 1934 West Coast waterfront strike: In Seattle, police fire tear gas on and club 2,000 striking longshoremen. The governor of Oregon calls out the National Guard to break a strike on the Portland docks.
- October 15, 1934 – The Soviet Republic of China collapses when Chiang Kai-shek’s National Revolutionary Army successfully encircles Ruijin, forcing the fleeing Communists to begin the Long March.
- October 16, 1934 – Chinese Communists begin the Long March; it ended a year and four days later, by which time Mao Zedong had regained his title as party chairman.
- October 22, 1934 – In East Liverpool, Ohio, Federal Bureau of Investigation agents shoot and kill notorious bank robber Pretty Boy Floyd.
Who Were Born On 1934?
- January 10, 1934 – Leonid Kravchuk, Ukrainian politician
- February 5, 1934 – Hank Aaron. American baseball player
- April 6, 1934 – Enrique Álvarez Félix, Mexican actor (d. 1996)
- May 10, 1934 – Cliff Wilson, Welsh snooker player (d. 1994)
- July 1, 1934 – Claude Berri, French actor, director and screenwriter (d. 2009)
- July 8, 1934 – Marty Feldman, English comedian and actor (d. 1982)
- July 22, 1934 – Louise Fletcher, American actress
- August 5, 1934 – Vern Gosdin, American country music singer (d. 2009)
- September 21, 1934 – Leonard Cohen, Canadian singer and songwriter
- September 27, 1934 – Claude Jarman Jr., American actor