Are you not curious to find out some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your birth and which celebrity shares your special day! (Sponsored link)
1947 Historical Event(s)
- January 22, 1947 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Pig in Chinese astrology.
- May 22, 1947 – Cold War: in an effort to fight the spread of Communism, U.S. President Harry S. Truman signs an act into law that will later be called the Truman Doctrine. The act grants $400 million in military and economic aid to Turkey and Greece, each battling an internal Communist movement.
- June 24, 1947 – Kenneth Arnold makes the first widely reported UFO sighting near Mount Rainier, Washington.
- July 6, 1947 – The AK-47 goes into production in the Soviet Union.
- August 15, 1947 – Founder of Pakistan, Muhammad Ali Jinnah is sworn in as first Governor General of Pakistan in Karachi.
- August 17, 1947 – The Radcliffe Line, the border between Union of India and Dominion of Pakistan is revealed.
- September 15, 1947 – Typhoon Kathleen hit the Kanto Region in Japan killing 1,077.
- November 17, 1947 – American scientists John Bardeen and Walter Brattain observe the basic principles of the transistor, a key element for the electronics revolution of the 20th Century.
- November 29, 1947 – My Trach Massacre: First Indochina War.
- November 30, 1947 – 1947–1948 Civil War in Mandatory Palestine begins on this day, leading up to the creation of the state of Israel.
Who Were Born On 1947?
- January 2, 1947 – Jack Hanna, American zoologist
- February 22, 1947 – Frank P. Tomasulo, American film professor and critic
- April 8, 1947 – Pascal Lamy, Director-General of WTO
- April 15, 1947 – Lois Chiles, American actress
- April 25, 1947 – Jeffrey DeMunn, American actor
- May 10, 1947 – Jay Ferguson, American musician and composer
- July 23, 1947 – David Essex, English singer
- July 24, 1947 – Robert Hays, American actor
- August 26, 1947 – Emiliano Díez, Cuban actor
- November 14, 1947 – Bharathan, Malayalam film director (d. 1998)