Are you not curious to find out some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your birth and which celebrity shares your special day! (Sponsored link)
1960 Historical Event(s)
- January 28, 1960 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Rat in Chinese astrology.
- January 30, 1960 – The African National Party is founded in Chad, through the merger of traditionalist parties.
- March 17, 1960 – U.S. President Dwight D. Eisenhower signs the National Security Council directive on the anti-Cuban covert action program that will ultimately lead to the Bay of Pigs Invasion.
- May 1, 1960 – Formation of the western Indian states of Gujarat and Maharashtra.
- July 1, 1960 – Ghana becomes a Republic and Kwame Nkrumah becomes its first President as Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom ceases to be its Head of state.
- August 6, 1960 – Cuban Revolution: Cuba nationalizes American and foreign-owned property in the nation.
- August 13, 1960 – The Central African Republic declares independence from France.
- October 12, 1960 – Inejiro Asanuma, Chair of the Japanese Socialist Party, is assassinated in Japan by Otoya Yamaguchi, a 17-year-old. The cameras were rolling at the time, so the moment was caught on film.
- November 9, 1960 – Robert McNamara is named president of Ford Motor Co., the first non-Ford to serve in that post. A month later, he quit to join the newly-elected John F. Kennedy administration.
Who Were Born On 1960?
- February 26, 1960 – Jaz Coleman, British musician
- March 31, 1960 – Michelle Nicastro, American actress and singer (d. 2010)
- April 10, 1960 – Terry Teagle, American basketball player
- April 13, 1960 – Bob Casey, Jr., Democratic U.S. Senator from Pennsylvania
- May 9, 1960 – Tony Gwynn, American baseball player
- May 26, 1960 – Masahiro Matsunaga, Japanese racing driver
- June 11, 1960 – Mehmet Oz, American television host, surgeon, inventor
- June 20, 1960 – John Taylor, English musician (Duran Duran)
- September 17, 1960 – Kevin Clash, American actor and puppeteer
- December 27, 1960 – Donald Nally, American choral conductor