Are you not curious to find out some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your birth and which celebrity shares your special day! (Sponsored link)
1962 Historical Event(s)
- February 5, 1962 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Tiger in Chinese astrology.
- February 7, 1962 – The United States bans all Cuban imports and exports.
- February 8, 1962 – Charonne massacre. Nine trade unionists are killed by French police at the instigation of Nazi collaborator Maurice Papon, then chief of the Paris Prefecture of Police.
- February 16, 1962 – Flooding in the coastal areas of West Germany kills 315 and destroys the homes of about 60,000 people.
- May 12, 1962 – Douglas MacArthur delivers his Duty, Honor, Country valedictory speech at the United States Military Academy.
- May 24, 1962 – Project Mercury: American astronaut Scott Carpenter orbits the Earth three times in the Aurora 7 space capsule.
- July 9, 1962 – The Starfish Prime high-altitude nuclear test is conducted by the United States of America.
- August 30, 1962 – Japan conducts a test of the NAMC YS-11, its first aircraft since World War II and its only successful commercial aircraft from before or after the war.
- October 12, 1962 – Infamous Columbus Day Storm strikes the U.S. Pacific Northwest with record wind velocities; 46 dead and at least U.S. $230 million in damages
- December 14, 1962 – NASA’s Mariner 2 becomes the first spacecraft to fly by Venus.
Who Were Born On 1962?
- January 21, 1962 – Tyler Cowen, American economist
- March 4, 1962 – Simon Bisley, British comic artist
- April 2, 1962 – Pierre Carles, French documentarist
- April 3, 1962 – Jennifer Rubin, American actress
- May 15, 1962 – Lisa Curry-Kenny, Australian Ironwoman
- July 18, 1962 – Lee Arenberg, American actor
- September 24, 1962 – Ally McCoist, Scottish footballer
- November 3, 1962 – David J. Schiappa, American politician
- December 12, 1962 – Mike Golic, American football player