Hey! Are you ready to solve your biggest career problem? First, you need to find out what’s preventing you to move forward in your career. Unlock your potential for success with the Career Analysis report. Get a free sample – no obligation to buy! (Sponsored link)
1963 Historical Event(s)
- January 25, 1963 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Rabbit in Chinese astrology.
- January 29, 1963 – The first inductees into the Pro Football Hall of Fame are announced.
- April 16, 1963 – Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. pens his Letter from Birmingham Jail while incarcerated in Birmingham, Alabama for protesting against segregation.
- May 14, 1963 – Kuwait joins the United Nations.
- June 5, 1963 – Movement of 15 Khordad: Protest against arrest of Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini by Shah of Iran, Mohammad Reza Pahlavi. In several cities, masses of angry demonstrators are confronted by tanks and paratroopers.
- June 20, 1963 – The so-called “red telephone” is established between the Soviet Union and the United States following the Cuban Missile Crisis.
- July 26, 1963 – Syncom 2, the world’s first geosynchronous satellite, is launched from Cape Canaveral on a Delta B booster.
- September 16, 1963 – Malaysia is formed from the Federation of Malaya, Singapore, British North Borneo (Sabah) and Sarawak. However, Singapore soon leaves this new country,
- October 10, 1963 – France cedes control of the Bizerte naval base to Tunisia.
- November 24, 1963 – Vietnam War: Newly sworn-in US President Lyndon B. Johnson confirms that the United States intends to continue supporting South Vietnam both militarily and economically.
Who Were Born On 1963?
- January 15, 1963 – Bruce Schneier, American cryptographer, security expert, and writer
- April 7, 1963 – Paul Michael Robinson, American actor and erotic actor
- July 19, 1963 – Garth Nix, Australian fantasy writer
- August 3, 1963 – Isaiah Washington, American actor
- August 13, 1963 – Sridevi, Indian actress
- August 15, 1963 – Valery Levaneuski, entrepreneur, politician, former political prisoner
- August 17, 1963 – Jon Gruden, American football coach
- October 20, 1963 – Stan Valckx, Dutch retired footballer and general football manager
- December 14, 1963 – Alice Ripley American actress
- December 30, 1963 – Michelle Douglas, Canadian human rights activist