Are you not curious to find out some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your birth and which celebrity shares your special day! (Sponsored link)
1963 Historical Event(s)
- January 25, 1963 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Rabbit in Chinese astrology.
- April 24, 1963 – Marriage of HRH Princess Alexandra of Kent to the Hon Angus Ogilvy at Westminster Abbey in London.
- April 26, 1963 – In Libya, amendments to the constitution transform Libya (United Kingdom of Libya) into one national unity (Kingdom of Libya) and allows for female participation in elections.
- June 30, 1963 – Ciaculli massacre: a car bomb, intended for Mafia boss Salvatore Greco, kills seven police officers and military personnel near Palermo.
- July 1, 1963 – The British Government admits that former diplomat Kim Philby had worked as a Soviet agent.
- August 24, 1963 – Buddhist crisis: As a result of the Xa Loi Pagoda raids, the US State Department cables the US Embassy in Saigon to encourage Army of the Republic of Vietnam generals to launch a coup against President Ngo Dinh Diem if he did not remove his brother Ngo Dinh Nhu.
- September 7, 1963 – The Pro Football Hall of Fame opens in Canton, Ohio with 17 charter members.
- November 18, 1963 – The first push-button telephone goes into service.
- November 22, 1963 – In Dallas, Texas, US President John F. Kennedy is assassinated and Texas Governor John B. Connally is seriously wounded. Suspect Lee Harvey Oswald is later captured and charged with the murder of both the President and police officer J. D. Tippit. Oswald is shot two days later by Jack Ruby while in police custody.
- December 19, 1963 – Zanzibar gains independence from the United Kingdom as a constitutional monarchy, under Sultan Jamshid bin Abdullah.
Who Were Born On 1963?
- January 3, 1963 – Jerome Young, American professional wrestler
- February 2, 1963 – Eva Cassidy, American singer (d. 1996)
- April 26, 1963 – Colin Scotts, Australian-born American football player
- May 16, 1963 – Mercedes Echerer, Austrian actress and politician
- June 9, 1963 – Gilad Atzmon, Israeli-born British jazz saxophonist and political activist
- August 12, 1963 – Kōji Kitao (Futahaguro Koji), Japanese sumo wrestler (the 60th Yokozuna) and professional wrestler
- September 9, 1963 – Roberto Donadoni, Italian football player and manager
- December 16, 1963 – Jeff Carson, American singer
- December 30, 1963 – John van 't Schip, Dutch footballer and football coach