Are you not curious to find out some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your birth and which celebrity shares your special day! (Sponsored link)
1963 Historical Event(s)
- January 8, 1963 – Leonardo da Vinci’s Mona Lisa is exhibited in the United States for the first time, at the National Gallery of Art in Washington, D.C.
- January 25, 1963 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Rabbit in Chinese astrology.
- January 29, 1963 – The first inductees into the Pro Football Hall of Fame are announced.
- February 5, 1963 – The European Court of Justice’s ruling in Van Gend en Loos v Nederlandse Administratie der Belastingen establishes the principle of direct effect, one of the most important, if not the most important, decisions in the development of European Union law.
- May 30, 1963 – A protest against pro-Catholic discrimination during the Buddhist crisis is held outside South Vietnam’s National Assembly, the first open demonstration during the eight-year rule of Ngo Dinh Diem.
- June 3, 1963 – A Northwest Airlines DC-7 crashes in the Pacific Ocean off the coast of British Columbia, killing 101.
- June 12, 1963 – Civil rights leader Medgar Evers is murdered in front of his home in Jackson, Mississippi by Ku Klux Klan member Byron De La Beckwith.
- August 5, 1963 – The United States, the United Kingdom, and the Soviet Union sign a nuclear test ban treaty.
- October 4, 1963 – Hurricane Flora, kills 6,000 in Cuba and Haiti.
- October 10, 1963 – France cedes control of the Bizerte naval base to Tunisia.
Who Were Born On 1963?
- January 2, 1963 – David Cone, American baseball player
- January 6, 1963 – Tony Halme, Finnish boxer and politician (d. 2010)
- February 20, 1963 – Ian Brown, English singer (The Stone Roses)
- March 2, 1963 – Tanyu Kiryakov, Bulgarian pistol shooter
- March 3, 1963 – Sophia Aliberti, Greek actress and TV presenter
- March 4, 1963 – Barbara Bubula, Polish politician
- July 14, 1963 – Phil Rosenthal, American newspaper columnist
- August 8, 1963 – Ron Karkovice, American baseball player
- August 12, 1963 – Kōji Kitao (Futahaguro Koji), Japanese sumo wrestler (the 60th Yokozuna) and professional wrestler
- September 8, 1963 – Brad Silberling, American television and film director