Are you not curious to find out some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your birth and which celebrity shares your special day! (Sponsored link)
1966 Historical Event(s)
- January 21, 1966 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Horse in Chinese astrology.
- March 10, 1966 – Military Prime Minister of South Vietnam Nguyen Cao Ky sacked rival General Nguyen Chanh Thi, precipitating large-scale civil and military dissension in parts of the nation.
- April 25, 1966 – The city of Tashkent is destroyed by a huge earthquake.
- July 15, 1966 – Vietnam War: The United States and South Vietnam begin Operation Hastings to push the North Vietnamese out of the Vietnamese Demilitarized Zone.
- July 24, 1966 – Michael Pelkey makes the first BASE jump from El Capitan along with Brian Schubert. Both came out with broken bones. BASE jumping has now been banned from El Cap.
- August 1, 1966 – Purges of intellectuals and imperialists becomes official People’s Republic of China policy at the beginning of the Cultural Revolution.
- August 18, 1966 – Vietnam War: the Battle of Long Tan ensues after a patrol from the 6th Battalion, Royal Australian Regiment clashes with a Viet Cong force in Phuoc Tuy Province.
- September 6, 1966 – In Cape Town, South Africa, the architect of Apartheid, Prime Minister Hendrik Verwoerd, is stabbed to death during a parliamentary meeting.
- October 17, 1966 – A fire at a building in New York, New York kills 12 firefighters, the New York City Fire Department’s deadliest day until the September 11, 2001 attacks.
- December 24, 1966 – A Canadair CL-44 chartered by the United States military crashes into a small village in South Vietnam, killing 129.
Who Were Born On 1966?
- March 4, 1966 – Dav Pilkey, American author
- March 26, 1966 – Nick Wirth, British engineer
- June 10, 1966 – David Platt, English footballer
- September 9, 1966 – Adam Sandler, American actor and comedian
- September 13, 1966 – Louis Mandylor, Australian actor
- September 25, 1966 – Todd Philcox, American football player
- October 1, 1966 – Cuco Ziganda, Spanish footballer
- October 8, 1966 – Felipe Camiroaga, Chilean television presenter
- October 15, 1966 – Ilse Huizinga, Dutch jazz singer
- December 17, 1966 – Tracy Byrd, American musician