Hey! Are you ready to solve your biggest career problem? First, you need to find out what’s preventing you to move forward in your career. Unlock your potential for success with the Career Analysis report. Get a free sample – no obligation to buy! (Sponsored link)
1966 Historical Event(s)
- January 1, 1966 – After a coup, Colonel Jean-Bédel Bokassa assumes power as president of the Central African Republic.
- January 4, 1966 – A military coup takes place in Upper Volta (later Burkina Faso), dissolving the National Parliament and leading to a new national constitution.
- January 12, 1966 – Lyndon B. Johnson states that the United States should stay in South Vietnam until Communist aggression there is ended.
- January 21, 1966 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Horse in Chinese astrology.
- February 23, 1966 – In Syria, Baath party member Salah Jadid leads an intra-party military coup that replaces the previous government of General Amin Hafiz, also a Baathist.
- February 26, 1966 – Vietnam War: The ROK Capital Division of the South Korean Army massacres 380 unarmed civilians in South Vietnam.
- August 1, 1966 – Purges of intellectuals and imperialists becomes official People’s Republic of China policy at the beginning of the Cultural Revolution.
- August 22, 1966 – Labor movements NFWA and AWOC merge to become the United Farm Workers Organizing Committee (UFWOC), predecessor of the United Farm Workers.
- August 26, 1966 – The Namibian War of Independence starts with the battle at Omugulugwombashe.
- September 29, 1966 – The Chevrolet Camaro, originally named Panther, is introduced.
Who Were Born On 1966?
- January 14, 1966 – Marco Hietala, Finnish vocalist and bassist
- January 20, 1966 – Tracii Guns, American guitarist
- March 27, 1966 – Paula Trickey, American actress
- June 26, 1966 – Dany Boon, French director, actor and writer
- July 4, 1966 – Lee Reherman, American actor
- July 14, 1966 – Matthew Fox, American actor
- September 24, 1966 – Michael J. Varhola, American author
- October 5, 1966 – Jan Verhaas, Dutch snooker referee
- October 6, 1966 – Niall Quinn, Irish footballer