Are you not curious to find out some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your birth and which celebrity shares your special day! (Sponsored link)
1966 Historical Event(s)
- January 21, 1966 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Horse in Chinese astrology.
- May 21, 1966 – The Ulster Volunteer Force declares war on the Irish Republican Army in Northern Ireland.
- May 25, 1966 – The first prominent dàzìbào during the Cultural Revolution in China is posted at Peking University.
- June 2, 1966 – Surveyor program: Surveyor 1 lands in Oceanus Procellarum on the Moon, becoming the first U.S. spacecraft to soft land on another world.
- June 30, 1966 – The National Organization for Women, the United States’ largest feminist organization, is founded.
- July 10, 1966 – The Chicago Freedom Movement, led by Martin Luther King, Jr., holds a rally at Soldier Field in Chicago, Illinois. As many as 60,000 people came to hear Dr. King as well as Mahalia Jackson, Stevie Wonder, and Peter Paul and Mary.
- August 1, 1966 – Charles Whitman kills 16 people at The University of Texas at Austin before being killed by the police.
- August 16, 1966 – Vietnam War: The House Un-American Activities Committee begins investigations of Americans who have aided the Viet Cong. The committee intends to introduce legislation making these activities illegal. Anti-war demonstrators disrupt the meeting and 50 people are arrested.
- September 16, 1966 – The Metropolitan Opera House opens at Lincoln Center in New York City with the world premiere of Samuel Barber’s opera, Antony and Cleopatra.
- December 27, 1966 – The Cave of Swallows, the largest known cave shaft in the world, is discovered in Aquismón, San Luis Potosí, Mexico.
Who Were Born On 1966?
- March 18, 1966 – Daniel S. Nevins, American rabbi
- March 20, 1966 – Alka Yagnik, Indian singer
- May 14, 1966 – Fabrice Morvan, French music artist (Milli Vanilli)
- July 11, 1966 – Greg Grunberg, American actor
- October 3, 1966 – Darrin Fletcher, American baseball player
- October 5, 1966 – Terri Runnels, Former Wrestling manager and valet
- October 8, 1966 – Camille Coduri, British actress
- November 17, 1966 – Richard Fortus, American guitarist (Guns N' Roses)
- December 4, 1966 – Suzanne Malveaux, American television news reporter
- December 18, 1966 – Mille Petrozza, German singer (Kreator)