Are you not curious to find out some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your birth and which celebrity shares your special day! (Sponsored link)
1966 Historical Event(s)
- January 4, 1966 – A military coup takes place in Upper Volta (later Burkina Faso), dissolving the National Parliament and leading to a new national constitution.
- January 21, 1966 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Horse in Chinese astrology.
- January 24, 1966 – An Air India Boeing 707 jet crashes on Mont Blanc, on the border between France and Italy, killing 117.
- February 2, 1966 – Pakistan suggests a six-point agenda with Kashmir after the Indo-Pakistani War of 1965.
- February 3, 1966 – The unmanned Soviet Luna 9 spacecraft makes the first controlled rocket-assisted landing on the Moon.
- May 25, 1966 – The first prominent dàzìbào during the Cultural Revolution in China is posted at Peking University.
- June 19, 1966 – Shiv Sena a political party in India is founded in Mumbai.
- September 16, 1966 – The Metropolitan Opera House opens at Lincoln Center in New York City with the world premiere of Samuel Barber’s opera, Antony and Cleopatra.
- December 26, 1966 – The first Kwanzaa is celebrated by Maulana Karenga, the chair of Black Studies at California State University, Long Beach.
- December 27, 1966 – The Cave of Swallows, the largest known cave shaft in the world, is discovered in Aquismón, San Luis Potosí, Mexico.
Who Were Born On 1966?
- February 5, 1966 – Apostolos Nanos, Greek archer
- February 8, 1966 – Kirk Muller, Canadian ice hockey player
- March 26, 1966 – Nick Wirth, British engineer
- March 30, 1966 – Efstratios Grivas, Greek chess grandmaster and author
- June 3, 1966 – Wasim Akram, Pakistani cricketer
- July 14, 1966 – Juliet Cesario, American actress
- August 3, 1966 – Eric Esch, American boxer
- August 17, 1966 – Maysa Leak, American jazz singer
- October 24, 1966 – Roman Abramovich, Russian oil magnate
- December 19, 1966 – Chuckii Booker, American singer, musician and producer