Are you not curious to find out some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your birth and which celebrity shares your special day! (Sponsored link)
1966 Historical Event(s)
- January 21, 1966 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Horse in Chinese astrology.
- February 2, 1966 – Pakistan suggests a six-point agenda with Kashmir after the Indo-Pakistani War of 1965.
- February 14, 1966 – Australian currency is decimalised.
- March 17, 1966 – Off the coast of Spain in the Mediterranean, the Ship DSV submarine finds a missing American hydrogen bomb.
- July 4, 1966 – President Lyndon B. Johnson signs the Freedom of Information Act into United States law. The act goes into effect the next year.
- September 12, 1966 – Gemini 11, the penultimate mission of NASA’s Gemini program, and the current human altitude record holder (except for the Apollo lunar missions)
- October 1, 1966 – West Coast Airlines Flight 956 crashes with eighteen fatalities and no survivors 5.5 miles south of Wemme, Oregon. This accident marks the first loss of a DC-9.
- October 21, 1966 – Aberfan disaster: A slag heap collapses on the village of Aberfan in Wales, killing 144 people, mostly schoolchildren.
- November 4, 1966 – The Arno River flooded Florence, Italy, to a maximum depth of 6.7 m, leaving thousands homeless and destroying millions of masterpieces of art and rare books.
- December 9, 1966 – Barbados joins the United Nations.
Who Were Born On 1966?
- March 5, 1966 – Bob Halkidis, Canadian hockey player
- March 31, 1966 – Nick Firestone, American race car driver
- April 4, 1966 – Christos Tsekos Greek basketball player
- April 11, 1966 – Mason Reese, American actor
- May 22, 1966 – Kenny Hickey, American guitarist (Type O Negative)
- September 25, 1966 – Jason Flemyng, English actor
- October 5, 1966 – Sean M. Carroll, American cosmologist
- November 20, 1966 – Thanasis Kolitsidakis, Greek footballer
- December 5, 1966 – Lee Seung-Chul, South Korean singer
- December 18, 1966 – Gianluca Pagliuca, Italian footballer