Are you not curious to find out some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your birth and which celebrity shares your special day! (Sponsored link)
1971 Historical Event(s)
- January 27, 1971 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Pig in Chinese astrology.
- January 31, 1971 – The Winter Soldier Investigation, organized by the Vietnam Veterans Against the War to publicize war crimes and atrocities by Americans and allies in Vietnam, begin in Detroit, Michigan.
- February 25, 1971 – The first unit of the Pickering Nuclear Generating Station, the first commercial nuclear power station in Canada, goes online.
- May 19, 1971 – Mars probe program: Mars 2 is launched by the Soviet Union.
- July 12, 1971 – The Australian Aboriginal flag is flown for the first time.
- July 31, 1971 – Apollo program: Apollo 15 astronauts become the first to ride in a lunar rover.
- August 5, 1971 – The first Pacific Islands Forum (then known as the “South Pacific Forum”) is held in Wellington, New Zealand, with the aim of enhancing cooperation between the independent countries of the Pacific Ocean.
- August 15, 1971 – President Richard Nixon completes the break from the gold standard by ending convertibility of the United States dollar into gold by foreign investors.
- August 21, 1971 – A bomb exploded in the Liberal Party campaign rally in Plaza Miranda, Manila, Philippines with several anti-Marcos political candidates injured.
- September 13, 1971 – State police and National Guardsmen storm New York’s Attica Prison to end a prison revolt.
Who Were Born On 1971?
- February 14, 1971 – Tommy Dreamer, American professional wrestler
- April 4, 1971 – Josh Todd, American singer (Buckcherry)
- April 13, 1971 – Dina Korzun, Russian actress
- September 25, 1971 – Brian Dunkleman, American actor
- October 9, 1971 – Jason Jones, American filmmaker
- October 13, 1971 – Hitesh Modi, Kenyan cricketer
- October 21, 1971 – Conor O'Shea, Irish rugby player
- December 23, 1971 – Wim Vansevenant, Belgian cyclist
- December 26, 1971 – Jonathan M. Parisen, American film director