Are you not curious to find out some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your birth and which celebrity shares your special day! (Sponsored link)
1971 Historical Event(s)
- January 5, 1971 – The first One Day International cricket match is held between Australia and England at the Melbourne Cricket Ground.
- January 27, 1971 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Pig in Chinese astrology.
- February 3, 1971 – New York Police Officer Frank Serpico is shot during a drug bust in Brooklyn and survives to later testify against police corruption. Many believe the incident proves that NYPD officers tried to kill him.
- February 9, 1971 – Apollo program: Apollo 14 returns to Earth after the third manned moon landing.
- March 25, 1971 – The Army of the Republic of Vietnam abandon an attempt to cut off the Ho Chi Minh trail in Laos.
- June 7, 1971 – The Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms Division of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service raids the home of Ken Ballew for illegal possession of hand grenades, which all turn out to be inert or dummies.
- September 16, 1971 – Typhoon Nancy, with possibly the strongest winds ever measured in a tropical cyclone, makes landfall in Osaka, Japan, killing 173 people.
- November 6, 1971 – The United States Atomic Energy Commission tests the largest U.S. underground hydrogen bomb, code-named Cannikin, on Amchitka Island in the Aleutians.
- November 8, 1971 – Led Zeppelin releases “Led Zeppelin IV,” which becomes the third-best-selling album ever in the US.
- December 9, 1971 – Indo-Pakistani War: The Indian Air Force executes an airdrop of Indian Army units, bypassing Pakistani defences.
Who Were Born On 1971?
- February 8, 1971 – Andre El Haddad, Lebannon football referee
- March 9, 1971 – Emmanuel Lewis, American actor
- March 31, 1971 – Ewan McGregor, Scottish actor
- April 9, 1971 – Earl Cole, Winner of Survivor: Fiji
- May 23, 1971 – George Osborne, British Chancellor of the Exchequer
- June 15, 1971 – Bif Naked, Canadian singer, poetess and actress
- October 4, 1971 – Friderika Bayer, Hungarian singer
- October 5, 1971 – Samuel Vincent, Canadian voice actor
- December 4, 1971 – Shannon Briggs, American boxer
- December 18, 1971 – Barkha Dutt, Indian journalist