Are you not curious to find out some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your birth and which celebrity shares your special day! (Sponsored link)
1975 Historical Event(s)
- January 8, 1975 – Ella T. Grasso becomes Governor of Connecticut, the first woman to serve as a Governor in the United States other than by succeeding her husband.
- February 11, 1975 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Rabbit in Chinese astrology.
- April 19, 1975 – India’s first satellite Aryabhata is launched.
- June 5, 1975 – The United Kingdom holds its first country-wide referendum, on remaining in the European Economic Community (EEC).
- June 7, 1975 – The inaugural Cricket World Cup begins in England.
- June 25, 1975 – The State of Emergency is declared in India.
- August 15, 1975 – Miki Takeo makes the first official pilgrimage to Yasukuni Shrine by an incumbent prime minister on the anniversary of the end of World War II.
- October 16, 1975 – The Australian Coalition opposition parties using their senate majority, vote to defer the decision to grant supply of funds for the Whitlam Government’s annual budget, sparking the 1975 Australian constitutional crisis.
- December 2, 1975 – Pathet Lao seizes power in Laos, and establishes the Lao People’s Democratic Republic.
- December 19, 1975 – John Paul Stevens is appointed a justice of The United States Supreme Court.
Who Were Born On 1975?
- January 15, 1975 – 9th Wonder, American producer
- February 2, 1975 – Donald Driver, American football player
- February 17, 1975 – Harisu, South Korean singer, model and actress
- April 22, 1975 – Carlos Sastre, Spanish cyclist
- May 8, 1975 – Jussi Markkanen, Finnish ice hockey player
- June 25, 1975 – Natasha Klauss, Colombian actress
- July 11, 1975 – Willie Anderson, American football player
- July 18, 1975 – Torii Hunter, baseball player
- August 7, 1975 – Charlize Theron, South African actress
- December 25, 1975 – Hideki Okajima, Japanese baseball player