Are you not curious to find out some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your birth and which celebrity shares your special day! (Sponsored link)
1975 Historical Event(s)
- January 8, 1975 – Ella T. Grasso becomes Governor of Connecticut, the first woman to serve as a Governor in the United States other than by succeeding her husband.
- February 11, 1975 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Rabbit in Chinese astrology.
- March 22, 1975 – A fire at the Browns Ferry Nuclear Power Plant in Decatur, Alabama causes a dangerous reduction in cooling water levels.
- June 5, 1975 – The Suez Canal opens for the first time since the Six-Day War.
- July 12, 1975 – São Tomé and Príncipe declare independence from Portugal.
- September 16, 1975 – The Cape Verde Islands, Mozambique, and Sao Tome and Principe join the United Nations.
- September 18, 1975 – Patty Hearst is arrested after a year on the FBI Most Wanted List.
- September 28, 1975 – The Spaghetti House siege, in which nine people are taken hostage, takes place in London.
- October 30, 1975 – Prince Juan Carlos becomes Spain’s acting head of state, taking over for the country’s ailing dictator, Gen. Francisco Franco.
- November 6, 1975 – Green March begins: 300,000 unarmed Moroccans converge on the southern city of Tarfaya and wait for a signal from King Hassan II of Morocco to cross into Western Sahara.
Who Were Born On 1975?
- February 4, 1975 – Thomas Tebbich, Austrian decathlete
- May 26, 1975 – Travis Lee, American baseball player
- May 30, 1975 – Evan Eschmeyer, American basketball player
- June 18, 1975 – Marie Gillain, Belgian actress
- August 9, 1975 – Robbie Middleby, Australian footballer
- October 1, 1975 – Chulpan Khamatova, Russian actress
- November 21, 1975 – Cherie Johnson, American actress
- December 12, 1975 – Craig Moore, Australian footballer
- December 18, 1975 – Masaki Sumitani, Japanese comedian
- December 25, 1975 – Rob Mariano, American reality show contestant